Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lee_Hongjin

Why SEA has less premium ships than NA,EU or RU

17 comments in this topic

47 posts
595 battles

One time I was surfing around the other website regions when I realised that SEA had fewer premium ships in the Premium shop than the one in NA. I feel WG sees SEA as less significant than NA or RU. The most obvious one is the absence of Mikasa, although not important cause its a pretty bad ship unless you know it top-to-bottom.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Did you know Mikasa appeared in ASIA's premium shop many times whereas NA didn't get it until much much much later? Premium shop content is tailored according to each region, things get put on and off every few intervals. It was even given away for free at one point, so I doubt there's a lot of demand for it to be in the shop again.

Just wait for it to return to the shop one day, or just wait until WG gives it away for free again.

Beta Tester
656 posts
3,526 battles
57 minutes ago, amade said:

Did you know Mikasa appeared in ASIA's premium shop many times whereas NA didn't get it until much much much later? Premium shop content is tailored according to each region, things get put on and off every few intervals. It was even given away for free at one point, so I doubt there's a lot of demand for it to be in the shop again.

Just wait for it to return to the shop one day, or just wait until WG gives it away for free again.

When will Abruzzi is coming?

Its been so long after Huang he and T7 Amagitaka on sale. So when that cruiser is coming?

1,016 posts
7,490 battles
7 hours ago, Lee_Hongjin said:

One time I was surfing around the other website regions when I realised that SEA had fewer premium ships in the Premium shop than the one in NA. I feel WG sees SEA as less significant than NA or RU. The most obvious one is the absence of Mikasa, although not important cause its a pretty bad ship unless you know it top-to-bottom.

There was a “Mikasa marathon” earlier this year and I’d expect many players got Mikasa then.

I often see posts were people complain about what’s available in the shop, but WG must see some benefit to offer only a limited number of ships for sale.

About Mikasa, she plays quite unique, which horrible main guns but excellent secondaries.

Mikasa shines taking on T2 cruisers and destroyers. Very much recommended is a minimum 10pt captain build, including AFT, High Alert and Vigilance – If DD captains are not smart enough to stay out of secondaries range, Mikasa’s secondaries chew up their health.

If Mikasa with her (horrible) 4 barrels is up against several Kawachi’s, South Carolina’s and Nassau’s with 8  to 12 barrels, she’ s outgunned.

1,350 posts
8,881 battles

It is a sales strategy really. Raise the perceived value of a product by increasing its scarcity.

By limiting the number of ships, people are more pressured to buy a ship when it does go on sale - "better get the ship now because goodness knows how long it will be before I can get it again!"

If a ship is permanently up for sale, I can delay my purchase indefinitely since I am in no hurry to buy it. I can always "get it tomorrow" so to speak.

Super Tester
7,567 posts
8,001 battles

Yes. as Thyaliad said. Also, SEA has a lot less buyer than other regions. That is another contributing factor in marketing decision. A ship is not going to appear in premium shop because 10 users on a forum felt like it should. They probably have a whole research team on that field. I wouldn't mind though, getting more ships in the store. But I already have most of them anyway.

353 posts
5,015 battles

Our server is fine. In fact we get free premiums provided one spend the salt to farm it.

Side note: i rather they introduce ijn hyuga or ijn agano for lower tier premiums

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

IMO, SEA need regional pricing (like steam) to made ingame item more accesible (since SEA economy have huge wealth gap between nation)

when the Store  have better transaction on monthly basis, the number of Item available for sale all the time would be increased

Edited by humusz

Alpha Tester
392 posts

The following Premium Ships will now be available for purchase from the game client:

Mikasa, Kaga, Kii, Yūbari, Alabama, Enterprise, Smith, Sims, Saipan, Emden, Scharnhorst, Graf Spee, Hood, Gallant, Oleg, Leningrad, Okhotnik, Admiral Makarov , Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, Perth, Duca d'Aosta, Giulio Cesare, Anshan, De Grasse and Loyang;

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-06_15-patchnotes/

@Lee_Hongjin hope you're happy now.

1,494 posts

Is there ever going to be any rare ships now then, if they all are going to be available ?? 

I liked collecting & playing some ships as they were rare, now they are not going to be worth anything as they will be as common as dogs..... 

I hate this idea

Ordrazz

159 posts
5,692 battles
46 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

Is there ever going to be any rare ships now then, if they all are going to be available ?? 

I liked collecting & playing some ships as they were rare, now they are not going to be worth anything as they will be as common as dogs..... 

I hate this idea

Ordrazz

I'm with you on this one. I bought some of the ships in that list precisely for the fact they are unique and also uncommon in the game. I much prefer them cycling things through the shop

163 posts
7,902 battles

I actually like this idea for all the newer players, removes an elitist element, as well as accommodating to all those people who  missed out on a sale due to any RL commitments.

Ships that are no longer sold but only available via SC's or the annual Santa crates still have their exclusively, as well as the alpha and beta ships if that's your thing.

1 post

Mikasa, Kaga, Kii, Yūbari, Alabama, Enterprise, Smith, Sims, Saipan, Emden, Scharnhorst, Graf Spee, Hood, Gallant, Oleg, Leningrad, Okhotnik, Admiral Makarov , Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, Perth, Duca d'Aosta, Giulio Cesare, Anshan, De Grasse and Loyang;

as a new player here, i am wondering, which of those ship are worth and good to buy?

307 posts
6,413 battles
1 hour ago, ShibuRinShiMamu said:

as a new player here, i am wondering, which of those ship are worth and good to buy?

Personal preferences, it will depend greatly on how you play.  For me i cannot play a IJN DD .... but others excel in them and it took time for me to understand it but it is just not my play-style :Smile_playing:.

I like fast moving gun ships and i like to get in close to the action.:cap_rambo:

So this is what i like in the prem range :cap_like: :

Smith

Scharnhorst

I suspect the Graf Spee

Gallant

Lenningrad

Sims

Loyang

I suspect the Perth

and maybe the Hood

However it is your play-style so watch some you-tube vids on these and if you like it buy it.

Regards

:cap_happy:

Alpha Tester
392 posts
On 12/20/2017 at 4:59 AM, Ordrazz said:

I hate this idea

Ordrazz

Yes, they are called Iwaki Alpha and Arkansas Beta. Other ships that will never be sold again but can still be obtained from supercontainers are Imperator Nikolai, Gremy, Konig Albert, Kutuzov and Belfast. IMO, these are real historical ships that should be accessible to anyone. Only paper/fake ships fabricated by WG should be rare.

Don't like it? Deal with it.  Otherwise stop giving WG money.

Sign in to follow this