You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Meitantei_Konan

Who wants the old ASIA client launcher for some reason?

19 comments in this topic

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles
2 minutes ago, Meitantei_Konan said:

You don't have to install the wargaming game center. I still have the old launcher.

5 posts
525 battles
1 minute ago, Torchwood5 said:

Will this re-install the game or just the launcher?

It depends how you install it, but what matters the most is you need to backup the res_packages folder elsewhere because that's where the game files located, the rest is for the client launcher. Action Stations!

556 posts
8,197 battles
1 minute ago, Meitantei_Konan said:

It depends how you install it, but what matters the most is you need to backup the res_packages folder elsewhere because that's where the game files located, the rest is for the client launcher. Action Stations!

It wont touch the res_mods folder at all? That's my main concern

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles
Just now, Meitantei_Konan said:

good for you then, cuz new launcher sucks for me xD

You'll have to delete it and redownload the client

2,217 posts
13,673 battles
Just now, Torchwood5 said:

It wont touch the res_mods folder at all? That's my main concern

Is the old launcher even removed from the install? Perhaps it's still there.

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,421 battles

If you installed via launcher and let WGC merge with it, the launcher will still be there.

WGC is a flawed program currently and is slow to boot up, generate a ton of unnecessary widthband and eat into my old pc ram. It also a big waste if you are only interest in shooting metal bathtube and not tinfoil box or paper planes

1,068 posts
3,846 battles
13 hours ago, keskparane said:

I'm with @karrablaster123 . My understanding is that the new launcher is an extra that you have to specifically download. Otherwise wouldn't it be installed when the client is updated?

From posts when it was first released,WGC is automatically installed on fresh installs.If you haven't had to reinstall from scratch and haven't downloaded the WGC separately then it doesn't affect the standard launcher.

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles

Do not use WGC, that software is buggy as hell and causes a lot more problem for your system and internet access in general. Just stick to older client till the address and fix the issues.

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles
11 hours ago, humusz said:

Instal WGC

Open WGC

Internet is not connected error

Check my Chrome, Internet works no error

Close and re-open WGC

same error

Uninstal

Yes, WGGC messes up with ssl signatures and your run into troubles like this. I was so pissed every time I tried using it, I wasn't able to load any https page soon afterwards... Even more pissed when I realized I have to reinstall the whole thing. It's a mess. Should be marked as phishing software IMO..

5 posts
525 battles
16 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Yes, WGGC messes up with ssl signatures and your run into troubles like this. I was so pissed every time I tried using it, I wasn't able to load any https page soon afterwards... Even more pissed when I realized I have to reinstall the whole thing. It's a mess. Should be marked as phishing software IMO..

You don't need to install the whole thing [when using the old launcher] because you only need to delete everything except "res_packages" and save it somewhere because that's where maps and probably everything where it is located, you only simply reinstall the old launcher then it will download the client for I think 5 GB then after that it will download game components, when that happens cancel and close the client because you only need the client download, then copy the "res_packages" that you backed up earlier then the client will not download the entire game anymore.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Edited by Meitantei_Konan

1,105 posts
7,834 battles
On 12/17/2017 at 1:58 PM, icy_phoenix said:

lucky I dont have to reinstal WoW

I try it, when I want to try World of Warplanes 2.0. and I cant even instal that too lol

Edited by humusz

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles
15 hours ago, Meitantei_Konan said:

You don't need to install the whole thing [when using the old launcher] because you only need to delete everything except "res_packages" and save it somewhere because that's where maps and probably everything where it is located, you only simply reinstall the old launcher then it will download the client for I think 5 GB then after that it will download game components, when that happens cancel and close the client because you only need the client download, then copy the "res_packages" that you backed up earlier then the client will not download the entire game anymore.

Yes, that's what I did, it's a re-install nonetheless. I just didn't do full download. But there should be easier option to revert the process.