You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lee_Hongjin

Which Nation Ship Lines Are The Best/Fun

16 comments in this topic

47 posts
594 battles

I am currently playing the Kongo, and Wakatake. I recently sold my Kuma(Pls don't hate) because it's too fragile for me. What ship lines are you guys playing? I enjoy 

2,221 posts
13,698 battles

Pretty much all lines have good and bad ships. Some are a horrible grind. Some are lots of fun. So to say any particular line is good would be to include some bad ships, and vice versa.

I find dd's fun because they are quite a fast style of ship. In comparison bb's are quite slow and cruisers come in the middle.

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,642 battles
27 minutes ago, Lee_Hongjin said:

I am currently playing the Kongo, and Wakatake. I recently sold my Kuma(Pls don't hate) because it's too fragile for me. What ship lines are you guys playing? I enjoy 

Sold Kuma was wrong

this is big step for each branch of each nation

IJN DD: T6;  CA: T5; BB: T9; CV: T6

USN DD:  T7; CA: T7; BB: T8; CV: T6

KM DD:  T6; CA: T7; BB:T7

RN CL:  T5; BB: T7

VMF DD:  T5; CA: T5

MN CA: T7

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles
32 minutes ago, Lee_Hongjin said:

I would vote for the German cruiser line as they are filled with a lot of unique ships and their high tier ships are quite tanky for a newbie to try out.

IJN ships pass 6 become very repetitive in that their ships improve on the predecessors , but dont change their playstyle at all

All US ship line except CV are solid and beginner friendly  even if their torps are on the weak side

Soviet ships are all extremely high adrenaline gunbote favouring run and gun , if you are energetic try them , French are also like that. Be aware that showing your side is a death sentence in both ship lines

154 posts
345 battles
24 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

I would vote for the German cruiser line as they are filled with a lot of German number #1 science

ah fixed

@Lee_Hongjin

German Cruiser offer a lot of versatility..... good at all aspect but not too good. Nurnberg used to be the most horrible sheep before, but they buffed and now very good.

here is another choice :

- IJN CV, basically for them who want to rule the sea

- RNBB, except the queen elizabeth...... once you get KGV,..... LEEEEL

- Pan Asia DD.... especially Gadjah Mada, too bad they got silly lelwater torpedo.

dont pick french cruiser.... you must reset commander skilll because almost each ship of it got different playstyle -_-

671 posts
1,508 battles

The Japanese CA line is for me fun. I did not sell the Kuma (as I use it to seal-club) and I have no regrets. I have only grinded up to the Myoko (I don't play the line anymore) and my experience were all positive. Even the Aoba. Just don't show too much broadside and don't rely on your torps.

41 posts
2,805 battles

For me, I find that the US and German BB line grants you the most fun and you can guarantee to make credits and experience most of the time. The ship progression of the two allows you to discover the individual playstyle of those nations battleships and improve/refine on those playstyles as time went by. Granted there are rough bumps in the line, but you can still make them work when the aforementioned refinement is applied.

(Though this aforementioned refinement is applied to every line of each nation, though I would be skeptical on that in the British BB line)

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Although this is very subjective,

I prefer, US BB, DD, CA-CL / RN CL, KM CA-CL

US BBs are bit underwhelming at first glance, but they are crazy good if you are good. US DDs do everything fairly well that any other nation's DDs do. US CA-CL are really fun to play with dank AP. RN CLs are great if you like sneaky style of gameplay and close range spamming. KM CA if you like setting fires and melting everything with HE.

207 posts
8,188 battles

well every ships in this game is fun btw  as long as you can play it well and enjoy it....
but if you really want "FUN" try DD, you will meet some "FUN" from WG :Smile_trollface:

75 posts
4,778 battles

All lines have the potential to be fun depending on your playstyle. As mentioned in previous posts each line has a few ships most people would consider garbage but there might be a few who find them enjoyable. It's really up to your preference.

Personally? (Get ready, this is gonna be long)

DD

TBH I've only really gotten far in the US line. Clemson is a god at her tier and the ships after her (Nicholas and Farragut) are decent gunboats. Mahan was a mixed bag for me even though you get better torpedo range. Now Benson? Pretty damn fun since you're fast and maneuverable and have a good balance of torps for the larger ships and fast-firing guns for fending off other DDs (at close range, at least). From what I've heard Fletcher and Gearing maintain that trend though they lose out in maneuverability.

The Japanese line I find to be fun if you're into being a ninja and launching torps that make everyone cry if a large concentration of them hit. I'm only as far as Fubuki but she serves me well if I play carefully.

Can't say much about the German or Russian line since I'm only at tier 3, but for the Russians, Derpski. You'll need nothing but balls of steel and a love of vodka for Derpski. She's like a sawn-off shotgun in a tier where you're suicidally close to the enemy half the time anyway. 

CA

The farthest I've gotten here is tier 7 on the US, UK and German lines on the regular three, but (and some people will hate me for this) I used to play the ARP cruisers a lot back then and those are just copy-paste Myoko for the Japanese. To be honest I didn't find any of the low tier cruisers other than St. Louis to be all that fun, but at mid tier I particularly enjoy Omaha (BURN BURN BURN) and Kirov (especially now that her guns don't take the entire rise and fall of the Soviet Union to reload).  Admittedly I'm not far into the French line. Konigsberg was a bit of a mixed bag for me but then again I didn't spend as much time on her as I did the other two. I hated Furutaka but then again I was her captain before she got the new C hull. I've heard good things about her now, but no so much about Aoba even though they have similar turret layouts. At her tier Aoba is under-gunned. I can't say much about Emerald because I got my Leander through an event.

Speaking of tier 6, Cleveland. Fun. Period. Lots of people will tell you that Cleveland is fun and they are all correct (though there's a difference between being fun and being OP invincible. Cleveland will really make you work for your results and she's just as vulnerable as the average light cruiser). Though Leander is a close second. (I also enjoy Perth to be honest. Work in the shadows and offer support without drawing too much attention, and hot-dam that smoke.).

At tier VII I used to enjoy Myoko but the thrill of constant HE spam kinda wore off after a while and I've heard it's basically the same thing throughout the line (though the fifteen 155mm guns on Mogami are very tempting indeed). Yorck? Ugh... The jury's still debating on that. Pensacola I happen to enjoy because I have a fondness for glass cannons (Her AP is god-tier) but Fiji, even when stock, is really fun because of the surprising amount of damage you can churn out with twelve 152mm guns with a 7.5 second reload. Also you can heal. UK cruisers are a surprisingly good source for Dreadnought achievements when you're not far-enough into their battleship line.

BB

Admittedly my bias prevails here. I'm a huge fan of the USN line and that's the only line I've ground all the way to tier 10 with Montana. I enjoyed Wyoming and New Mexico is my favorite tier 6 BB because a good New Mexico player is ridiculously hard to sink (probably not as much hard as a Bayern but I wouldn't know). New York at tier 5, and I think a lot of other players who've been there will agree with me here, is in desperate need of buffs, but you can do well in her if you're good and lucky enough (her armor layout makes her very vulnerable to HE and BB AP. It was fine when all she had to contend with was Kongo but now the powercreep has not been kind. I do, however, particularly enjoy her sister Texas a lot because of the hilarious AA).  Colorado was a mixed bag for me until recently, and has moved up ever since her HP buff because her guns can be surprisingly accurate and hit very hard when they do hit. North Carolina is an absolute GOD. Decent dispersion, good turret layout, maneuverability, and AA. She only really loses out in tankiness to Bismarck, Amagi has two more guns than her,  and speed to just about everything else. I enjoy Iowa just as much but don't take her out as often because she eats up credits easily, more so on the credits with Montana, but Iowa's probably my favorite US BB along with NoCal. Can't really compare Iowa or Montana to anything though since I don't have any other tier  9 or 10 BBs.

I only started having fun in the Japanese line at Kongo. She's fast, can be surprisingly durable, and accurate. Fuso is just as fun and its so satisfying to click and hold and watch all of her guns go off one by one. Nagato I've only just gotten. Jury's still debating on this one because I haven't gotten the hang of her yet.

In the UK line I'm as far as tier 5, and Orion and Iron Duke are essentially better Wyoming and New York. Better armor, accuracy, slightly better speed, but worse range and a reliance on HE for heavily-armored targets. The UK line (as far as I've gotten) is very new player-friendly, but I don't find them particularly satisfying to do well in (except maybe for the Hood I happen to have. It's so satisfying to do well in a ship majority would consider "weak"). At the higher tiers you become Dreadnought-printing firebomb-throwing British ninjas)

I'm honestly a bit ashamed to admit this but my Bismarck was from an event a while back. I don't enjoy her nearly as much as I do North Carolina but that's probably because I never completely trained myself on the German BB playstyle. I've had some fun games in her though, her reload is good and her secondaries are hilarious when they all open up, but not a lot. You really have to be careful with her because while she's faster and more tanky than North Carolina , I find that it's a bit harder to get consistent results with her main battery unless you close in to a range where other ships have no problem retaliating. I've taken to grinding the lower tier German BBs and so far Nassau and Kaiser are quite fun. Their secondaries still require you to get suicidally close but Nassau is at tier 3 while I find that Kaiser having ten guns  (compared to Bisko's 8) makes up a little for the infamous German dispersion until you can get close enough.

CV

Regretfully I only have USN ones plus a Hosho. I particularly enjoyed Langley (even before they added a dive bomber squad to her airgroup) and my AS-build Bogue but after that my interest in the CV line took a back seat since I was never all that good with CV gameplay.

TL;DR all the lines have fun ships and weak links that some people might consider fun. It depends on your preferences.

Edited by Advancer231

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

British BB line is fun lol

a Guilty pleasure kind of FUN

you might not impact match much, but you can play half drunk, half asleep, half potato and still got decent result

Akizuki when being Top tier also very Fun, a savage kind of Fun

Edited by humusz

47 posts
594 battles

I am now trying the German Cruiser line to tier 5, I heard the TIer 5 is pretty good against other cruises and DDs