Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EVILSTORM1

When a reward is not a reward

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
1,340 posts
8,848 battles

In theory having more than 1 captain for 1 ship means you can try out different builds, but in reality who is going to do that? Since many builds also utilise different ship upgrades and you can't easily remove them without burning doubloons. :Smile_coin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,542 posts
7,978 battles
3 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

In theory having more than 1 captain for 1 ship means you can try out different builds, but in reality who is going to do that? Since many builds also utilise different ship upgrades and you can't easily remove them without burning doubloons. :Smile_coin:

 

About 90% of players I play with have different setup for many ships. Like AA captain and anti dd captain on Fletchers, AA captain and Stealth captains for US BBs etc. I don't play with many players, so you can ignore this as a "very tiny sample size", but not like it is not viable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles

I'll take them any day.   I got 4 yesterday which now gives me 16 vacant spots and a ton of captains ranging from 6-10"points in reserve.  All those annoying arp captains are different builds .  I've got secondary and AA captains for various nations and lines

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,340 posts
8,848 battles
2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

 

About 90% of players I play with have different setup for many ships. Like AA captain and anti dd captain on Fletchers, AA captain and Stealth captains for US BBs etc. I don't play with many players, so you can ignore this as a "very tiny sample size", but not like it is not viable.

Looks like people are a lot richer than I thought then! :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
647 posts
3,515 battles

I have like lots of capt slots but i only use Captain slots for SPECIFIC types.

Mostly when i bought a new Toy i have to make another Generalist build Capt.

But otherwise it sucks and too bad for you fren. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,340 posts
8,848 battles
12 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I wouldn't say richer at all.  I've never bought captain spots and never paid gold for a captain.   They at just collected over time

Hmm I was more referring to the ship upgrades. Unless you have a lot of credits or doubloons to burn, it is a bit costly to remove all the various upgrades each time you want to try a different build, since you can only have one instance of a ship at a time in port.  That is why I like the ARP clones ships. I can try various builds without having to change the upgrades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,542 posts
7,978 battles
5 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Hmm I was more referring to the ship upgrades. Unless you have a lot of credits or doubloons to burn, it is a bit costly to remove all the various upgrades each time you want to try a different build, since you can only have one instance of a ship at a time in port.  That is why I like the ARP clones ships. I can try various builds without having to change the upgrades.

 

Usually the upgrades slots aren't really different. For example, you would pick Concealment upgrade on almost any ship, may be a few exception about RSM3, regardless of captain build. SImilarly, on the AA range upgrade, there is really no other alternative on specific tech trees. For example RN CL, you don't need accuracy, or secondary range.... AA range is the only viable option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,340 posts
8,848 battles
58 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

 

Usually the upgrades slots aren't really different. For example, you would pick Concealment upgrade on almost any ship, may be a few exception about RSM3, regardless of captain build. SImilarly, on the AA range upgrade, there is really no other alternative on specific tech trees. For example RN CL, you don't need accuracy, or secondary range.... AA range is the only viable option.

Maybe for some lines but for others there are more variety. For example AA slot - a German BB may want to take secondary range and accuracy, main gun accuracy or AA range, depending if secondary build, zombie build or AA build.

A BB may want to take rudder shift instead of reduced fire/flood duration. A secondary build Bismarck could either take Concealment upgrade to sneak closer to use secondaries, the vision upgrade to better spot torps, or even rudder shift for more torpedo beats.

Take Mogami for example. My 155 Mogami uses the AA range and Concealment upgrades. On the other hand Aerroon had a video where he used turret traverse and double rudder shift upgrades on his Mogami. And it played pretty differently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,011 posts
7,459 battles

Was that a super container?

 

Hmm, super containers have been underwhelming lately. I remember my first one, which had 70,000XP and I could be my first T6 or T7 ship, that was pretty good.

 

I keep hearing that some super containers have ships, I have yet to see one of those.

 

But yeah, if the container is “super” but the content is the opposite of super, that’s disappointing. And if 9 out of 10 times the super container is disappointing, WG miss the mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LNA]
Member
1,660 posts
10,438 battles
Just now, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I reckon it wasn't a SC because the captain slots drop on normal containers.

Confirmed. Yes 4x captain or single port slot are dropped on normal "try your luck" next time container as well.

But they are quite rare , i myself has them dropped on only 4 occasions this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,490 posts

I dismissed my useless captains, but I'm still stuck with lots of stupid captain spots, as well as empty port slots. 

As for different captains with different builds for the same ship...... nah. 

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×