You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
The_King_in_Yellow

Help with getting the Vampire

22 comments in this topic

359 posts
2,819 battles

You have to reach level 12 in Service Record to start doing any mission and challenge. After that you can keep track in mission tab in upper left of your port.

I must commend you for provided needed confirmation to sort this out. Not many guy take time to look at their service record

BTW once you reach level 12 you can do it in co-op if it make in faster.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles
15 hours ago, The_King_in_Yellow said:

I am recently new to WoWs and I have got to IV Orion and level 11 Service Record and have sunk 21 ships but have no notification about Taste of Blood part 1. I have been playing random battles. Do you have to activate it, if so how?

Did you see a progress bar increasing on the mission card? If yes, then this sometimes happen. Just log out and log back in, will be updated. I am not sure about account level restriction, we are at max level for like... forever.

However, if you do not see a progress bar, that mean's you are not eligible for the mission yet, which I have a feeling that is not the case, otherwise you would come here earlier as to why the wasn't been recorded.

Some tricks to do the mission faster:

20 kills: Just go in co-op with a rapid firing ship or quick loading torps, and try to steal every kill you can. Scenario will be unlocked from service level 12 I think, that one is also a good place if you have suitable ship.

[content removed]

25k Exp: Gonna take some time. Stack Zulu flags and use the ships which have first win bonus in either scenario (if you have access) or in randoms.

750k Damage: Pick your DDs and rush BBs in co-op or scenario.

I finished it on the first day.

Promoting/provoking EULA violation. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

2,222 posts
13,712 battles
12 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

[content removed]

That's a real prick of a suggestion.

Quote updated.

~amade

Edited by amade

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

[content removed]

as a ST are you REALLY sure it;s a good idea to advocate breaking the EULA?

Quote updated.

~amade

Edited by amade

1,011 posts
7,473 battles

[content removed] 

Wouldn't this lead, potentially, to several AFK reports?

I'd suggest to spend the 5 min (each) to play the co-op battle, or at least do one Banzai charge that gets you killed.

Quote updated.

~amade

Edited by amade

64 posts
10,393 battles

[content removed]

you wouldn't do this in clan battles so why would you suggest this for scenarios?

Quote updated.

~amade

Edited by amade

1,491 posts
8 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Wouldn't this lead, potentially, to several AFK reports?

I'd suggest to spend the 5 min (each) to play the co-op battle, or at least do one Banzai charge that gets you killed.

Quote updated.

~amade

Banzai!!!!!!!! 

Charge the enemy at full pelt....

Yeah!!!

:Smile_izmena: :Smile_izmena: :Smile_izmena: :Smile_izmena: :Smile_izmena: :Smile_izmena: :Smile_izmena: :Smile_izmena:

{Blaring trumpet}   CHARRRRRRRGGGGGEEEEEE

AHEM

now that I have got that out of my system... 

It could still be useful practice training, shooting noobs **cough**  err new players, & refining torpedo & manuvre skills... 

Or you can use your lower tier ships if you have them, like smith, or tachibana, Mikasa etc..... 

Highho silver, aawwweayyyyy

Ordrazz

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
1 minute ago, Ordrazz said:

Banzai!!!!!!!! 

Charge the enemy at full pelt....

Yeah!!!

:Smile_izmena: :Smile_izmena: :Smile_izmena: :Smile_izmena: :Smile_izmena: :Smile_izmena: :Smile_izmena: :Smile_izmena:

{Blaring trumpet}   CHARRRRRRRGGGGGEEEEEE

AHEM

now that I have got that out of my system... 

It could still be useful practice training, shooting noobs **cough**  err new players, & refining torpedo & manuvre skills... 

Or you can use your lower tier ships if you have them, like smith, or tachibana, Mikasa etc..... 

Highho silver, aawwweayyyyy

Ordrazz

T4& above

1,491 posts
Just now, drakon233 said:

T4& above

Nikolai

Orion

Wyoming

Arkansas

Kaiser

Ishizuchi

New French ship when it comes in... 

Various cruisers & DDs

CV

:cap_haloween:

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,134 battles
4 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Its not like its a hard mission.  I started doing it at lunchtime today and am now starting on the 4th phase.  I should have the vamp by beer o'clock

Including dinner, watching the news, a few Foxtel shows and set up my Chrissy lights.

Thanks WG

shot-17.12.11_21.47.00-0751.jpg

1,011 posts
7,473 battles
12 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

Well, that is of course entirely up to the individual.

My advice was aimed at getting the Vampire as quickly as possible, without doing something questionable. Maybe even the Banzai charge is bordering “questionable” because it’s not exactly good team-play, but Banzai charge type attacks or ramming are tactics that just need to be practised, right?

For the Vampire, or other marathons, you have to use T4+ ships. So no, T2 Mikasa, T2 Smith or T2 Tachiban do not qualify.

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/specials-and-events/vampire-marathon/

People have commented that compulsory use of T4+ ships to win T2/T3 ships is strange, but I have no problem with that. A free ship is a nice tangible reward, credits, flags or consumables etc is useful but are simply used up and disappear.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,134 battles

You certainly don't have to do anything questionable to get it.    It certainly a lot easier if you have high tier ships, but quite doable with low tiers.   I used low tier coop to get  the first 2 phases then swapped between my Misery and Derpitz for the XP and damage requirements.

1,491 posts
2 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Well, that is of course entirely up to the individual.

My advice was aimed at getting the Vampire as quickly as possible, without doing something questionable. Maybe even the Banzai charge is bordering “questionable” because it’s not exactly good team-play, but Banzai charge type attacks or ramming are tactics that just need to be practised, right?

For the Vampire, or other marathons, you have to use T4+ ships. So no, T2 Mikasa, T2 Smith or T2 Tachiban do not qualify.

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/specials-and-events/vampire-marathon/

People have commented that compulsory use of T4+ ships to win T2/T3 ships is strange, but I have no problem with that. A free ship is a nice tangible reward, credits, flags or consumables etc is useful but are simply used up and disappear.

Lol, I was only going on a Banzai rush, based on the earlier post, something certainly more favorable & preferred than the highly questionable suggestion that was tabled earlier.... just a bit of a blood rush..... 

As for t4 ships to be used, so I don't know what the requirements are, I'm  not deliberately doing the mission to get the vampire, because its a DD, so I don't care it I get it or not... (yes I am australian, but I didn't get the Perth either.) 

I would rather thump people in my battleships. 

Ordrazz

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,134 battles
9 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Yep, it's a reward ship, and most of us will not even waste time with her. But it is always nice to add something to your collection, right?

I'm now at 165 ships and counting :D

I just like the challenge of  getting free stuff off WG. The vampire is still a fun little dd to play

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles
3 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I just like the challenge of  getting free stuff off WG. The vampire is still a fun little dd to play

Haha, I'm still waiting for a free E.Dragon, even though I already have 6 other copies of same crap boat :D