Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ZZTop_SecretZZ

DELET this thread.

62 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
4 posts
3,718 battles

Hi everyone,

Why is it that some players never miss a shot? 

I've been in a number of battles and you can pick the ones who never miss. Why is that?

The player continuously hits the opponent - shot after shot after shot!

AND, please don't tell me it's experience. I can manoeuvre and turn and the player will still hit me with salvo after salvo, and from quite a distance away. 

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
221
[SGC]
Member
456 posts
9,008 battles

What kind of distance are you talking about? If you are in a cruiser and the player is hitting you from within 15-16 km consistently, yes thats possible with experience easily. BBs can be hit from pretty much max range by any other ship, and cruisers can consistently hit dds easily below 10-12 km or even more based on the gun velocity.
Aiming and dodging aren't exactly skills you can develop by reading a guide or watching a video. It'll take time and practice to get used to ship movement speed and pattern as well as your shell characteristics

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491
[LNA]
Member
1,969 posts
12,292 battles
Just now, Adm_Kunkka said:

What kind of distance are you talking about? If you are in a cruiser and the player is hitting you from within 15-16 km consistently, yes thats possible with experience easily. BBs can be hit from pretty much max range by any other ship, and cruisers can consistently hit dds easily below 10-12 km or even more based on the gun velocity.
Aiming and dodging aren't exactly skills you can develop by reading a guide or watching a video. It'll take time and practice to get used to ship movement speed and pattern as well as your shell characteristics

There are those that use aim bot ( or shell lead assistance ). When you are in a french cruiser popping speed boost at 16km or higher and maneuvering, chances of salvo hitting you are slim.

I believed during one of the play together @drakon233 meet 1 such ships when he was in his Charles Martel.

There is also the type of leading shell to hit target in smoke based on last known trajectory. I personally has been under such attacks. Mind you i do not fire during the time and was disengaging , when i got out of smoke safely undetected , the cruisers was still LEADING shots based on my reversing for about 5-6 salvos. And i was in a Harekaze no less , which is very small for a tempting target in smoke.

The one that can pull that kind of stunt consistantly is not many. Chances are in favor of aimbot is higher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
263
[LUOMU]
Super Tester
1,420 posts
11,459 battles
14 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

There are those that use aim bot ( or shell lead assistance ). When you are in a french cruiser popping speed boost at 16km or higher and maneuvering, chances of salvo hitting you are slim.

I believed during one of the play together @drakon233 meet 1 such ships when he was in his Charles Martel.

There is also the type of leading shell to hit target in smoke based on last known trajectory. I personally has been under such attacks. Mind you i do not fire during the time and was disengaging , when i got out of smoke safely undetected , the cruisers was still LEADING shots based on my reversing for about 5-6 salvos. And i was in a Harekaze no less , which is very small for a tempting target in smoke.

The one that can pull that kind of stunt consistantly is not many. Chances are in favor of aimbot is higher

My Charles Martel just got citadelled by a NCar at 17km in PT. AFAIK aimbots need to be updated every time a major patch releases, and no one bothers to develop aimbots for PT. The fact is, speed alone won’t provide sufficient protection, if your opponent is a gunnery master, once you let your vigilance down you will soon find French cruisers are having rather large hull and not exactly well protected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491
[LNA]
Member
1,969 posts
12,292 battles
Just now, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

My Charles Martel just got citadelled by a NCar at 17km in PT. AFAIK aimbots need to be updated every time a major patch releases, and no one bothers to develop aimbots for PT. The fact is, speed alone won’t provide sufficient protection, if your opponent is a gunnery master, once you let your vigilance down you will soon find French cruisers are having rather large hull and not exactly well protected.

No , the problem isnt about landing citadel , it is about a player nailing you salvos after salvos at range where it isnt likely to happen. When a cruiser is actively dodging shots and not slowing down at something like 16km+ , landing shots consistantly is difficult. 1 or 2 stray shots per salvo that hit you is normal , but when it is 4-5 every damn salvo and you are widen the gap to like 18km by running and shaking , there is something very wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
322
[SALT]
Member
1,513 posts
9,160 battles

Well, if it was me

some people seems to have pattern even before you pull the trigger.

like they pre-emptively dodge or turn into same direction almost every time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491
[LNA]
Member
1,969 posts
12,292 battles
37 minutes ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

 

oh boy dont admit to using that feature , it will get you banned man. Delete that sentence b4 the mods arrive

Edited by legionary2099

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
263
[LUOMU]
Super Tester
1,420 posts
11,459 battles
10 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

No , the problem isnt about landing citadel , it is about a player nailing you salvos after salvos at range where it isnt likely to happen. When a cruiser is actively dodging shots and not slowing down at something like 16km+ , landing shots consistantly is difficult. 1 or 2 stray shots per salvo that hit you is normal , but when it is 4-5 every damn salvo and you are widen the gap to like 18km by running and shaking , there is something very wrong.

That salvo was the first he ever fired at me, I noticed it late and did last seconds rudder shift. I’m sure if I did not take evasive actions after that and was running a full maneuverability config he would probably delete me within a few salvoes. And from my experience that game, it isn’t exactly hard for me to constantly hit a CM or Saint Louis at 14-15km using the French 8"/55 which is only fairly good at ballistics. 

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491
[LNA]
Member
1,969 posts
12,292 battles
Just now, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

That salvo was the first he ever fired at me, I noticed it late and did last seconds rudder shift. I’m sure if I did not take evasive actions after that and was running a full maneuverability config he would probably delete me within a few salvoes. And from my experience that game, it isn’t exactly hard for me to constantly hit a CM or Saint Louis at 14-15km using the French 8"/55 which is only fairly good at ballistics. 

We are likely missing the context here which is what ship is firing at the french. US cruiser ? Highly unlikely. French ? Maybe , but chances are slim pass 17. German & Soviet ? Good job leading a 12s salvo travel time against a target with less than 10s rudder. But i do say that i was talking about long range shots that are from 16k+ , which is BB territory. Man you are missing my point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
154 posts
347 battles
27 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

oh boy BLAH BLAH BLAH

EDIT YOUR QUOTE BRO, QUICKLY ! OR HE WILL BE BANEED!!

I DONT WANT THE SAME TRAGED HAPPEN AGAIN. ITS NOT ONLY FORUM ACCOUNT, BUT WHOLE WARSHIP ACCOUNT.

 

DA HELL WITH CAPSLOCK, I CANT TURN IT OFF -_-

___________________________________

 

WELL, THERE IS ACTUALLY NAVIGATOR MOD, COMBINED WITH SHELL SPEED CALCULATION ITS EASY TO HIT 18KM+ IN ijn bb. THE THING IS ijn bb ACTUALLY GOT HIGH SIGMA AND THIGHT SHELL, ITS AWESOME.... THE EXCEPTION IS KONGO SILLY HIGH SHELL ARC.

 

ALSO SOME dd GOT HIGH ACCURACY, I AM ALMOST NEVER MISS HITTING bb FROM 11km :V

THE QUESTION IS, WHAT SHIP YOU ARE IN AND WHAT IS OPPONENT SHIP.

 

ALSO WITHOUT AIM BOT/AIM ASSIST, AS LONG AS YOU GET NAVIGATOR MOD, YOU CAN STILL PREDICT OPPONENT MOVEMENT AND THEN SHOOT IT. THE REAL PROBLEM IS NOT EVERYBODY USING MOD. WHY THE HECK wg TURN IT INO OFFICIAL LIKE SMOKE TIMER.....

 

 

Edited by Rwasknum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
477
[BZ]
Member
672 posts
19,456 battles

Aimbots are next to useless on WoWS, it never ceases to amaze me that people think they could be of benefit to shells that are in the air for 15 seconds or more. The far more likely explanation is that your turns were predictable and the guy shooting at you has a clue. Some tragic fools have played almost 10,000 rounds of this game you know... >_>

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
181
[-BRO-]
Member
499 posts
10,760 battles

There's probably a little truth both ways, some players good enough to be able to land almost every salvo and also a bunch using the aim assist.  Just because someone lands all their salvos doesn't mean they are cheating, but also it doesn't mean they aren't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
638
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
948 posts
8,872 battles

If you're actively maneuvering, a mod that gave you an aim point would be pointless - an experienced player who can predict people's movement and is good at calculating aim points through experience will hit you much more consistently than any mod user.  There is no way for a program to tell what a ship will do after a salvo is released - but a human can give a very good estimate.

In short, just because you can't fathom that someone can consistently hit their salvos, doesn't mean they can't.  Watch streams or vids of high quality players and see how often they hit their salvos at range.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,656
[REPOI]
Member
5,336 posts
22,176 battles
4 hours ago, Bex_o7 said:

Aimbots are next to useless on WoWS, it never ceases to amaze me that people think they could be of benefit to shells that are in the air for 15 seconds or more. The far more likely explanation is that your turns were predictable and the guy shooting at you has a clue. Some tragic fools have played almost 10,000 rounds of this game you know... >_>

actually, it does, a lot.

 

i've done my research on aimbots before, and there are sevreal types of them in game, the most common one auto leads for you, but there are ones that outline people in smoke, shows the position of the shells fired at you and where they will land, and even ones that fires your guns for you.

 

just remember that even those of us who aim through experience cant land the first salvo or get a perfrct lead  on target each time, but aimbots can

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,656
[REPOI]
Member
5,336 posts
22,176 battles
1 hour ago, Moggytwo said:

If you're actively maneuvering, a mod that gave you an aim point would be pointless - an experienced player who can predict people's movement and is good at calculating aim points through experience will hit you much more consistently than any mod user.  There is no way for a program to tell what a ship will do after a salvo is released - but a human can give a very good estimate.

In short, just because you can't fathom that someone can consistently hit their salvos, doesn't mean they can't.  Watch streams or vids of high quality players and see how often they hit their salvos at range.

it's not the ones who relies on aimbot to play that you need to worry about, it's the people who knows how to play their ships and augment their aim with the cheats that do

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,656
[REPOI]
Member
5,336 posts
22,176 battles
6 hours ago, ZTop_SecretZ said:

AND, please don't tell me it's experience. I can manoeuvre and turn and the player will still hit me with salvo after salvo, and from quite a distance away. 

hitting people who are maneuvering salvo after salvo is easy, it's something everyone who plays enough knows how to do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,799
[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,505 battles
10 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

There are those that use aim bot ( or shell lead assistance ). When you are in a french cruiser popping speed boost at 16km or higher and maneuvering, chances of salvo hitting you are slim.

 

Oh really! News for you, speed boost doesn't instantly take you to max speed. Most good players can tell where to lead when they see dark smoke coming out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,799
[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,505 battles
11 hours ago, ZTop_SecretZ said:

Hi everyone,

Why is it that some players never miss a shot? 

I've been in a number of battles and you can pick the ones who never miss. Why is that?

The player continuously hits the opponent - shot after shot after shot!

AND, please don't tell me it's experience. I can manoeuvre and turn and the player will still hit me with salvo after salvo, and from quite a distance away. 

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

 

IT IS indeed experience. You may think that they were using aim bots and stuffs like that, only thing you will get from that is an excuse to not learn from mistake and probably some mental satisfaction. Truth is, there is no ceiling of skills. And once the shells are out of barrel, aimbot cannot modify their path. So stop listening to people who jump into aimbot bandwagon.

 

Also your post is quite vague. Doesn't give any specific info. If you are sub 20km from a battleship or a cruiser with sufficient range and suitable shell speed, there is no reason that the enemy will not hit you.

 

As for suggestion, think before you become a target for enemy, not after. Once they are dead set on you, you won't have a good time. Most of the times I see cruisers getting hit are just sailing away and thinking hey are safe, or moving in a predictable manner, like showing broadside every 8th second. They are easy to hit. Also, being tunnel visioned is another issue. You might be focused on one target, but always keep an eye out on who else can shoot you.

 

PS. I am sure you over exaggerated in your opening post. 

 

[Edit]

Just checked, OP's max tier is 6, it means he is dealing with ships having relatively shorter range. So yeah, I don't see why people wont be able to ALWAYS hit your battleships. It is common and part of the battleship gameplay is to attract enemy shells onto you.

Edited by icy_phoenix
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
4 posts
3,718 battles

Sure, experience is a factor, but it's more than that. I am reluctant to mention it, but I suspect a number are using very effective cheats; and doing very well with them.

You are presuming I am talking about my BB's. Actually, it is not exclusive to them. My cruisers also cop it. It seems incredulous that a number of opponents can continually land salvo after salvo, even when they are retreating! 

I didn't want to mention aim bots. I left it open for people to bring up the subject themselves. The post was meant to be vague and non-specific, so as to canvass a lot of views, and that's what it has done. I am not exaggerating, as is proven by other posts, such as, Legionary2099, and Somedude_Yudachi who coughed up evidence that was quickly deleted, and Drakon233 actually admits cheating occurs. I wonder, are you using a cheat icy_phoenix?

 

On a strategic level, when cheating is permitted, the fabric of the game is at risk and players will leave. No players = no game.

Maybe we should all use cheats and see how long the game lasts.

Overall, the posts of the players has been most rewarding and informative. I hope there are more to come.  

Cheers, and thanks for the constructive input by most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[REPOI]
Member
372 posts
11,083 battles
37 minutes ago, ZTop_SecretZ said:

I didn't want to mention aim bots. I left it open for people to bring up the subject themselves. The post was meant to be vague and non-specific, so as to canvass a lot of views, and that's what it has done. I am not exaggerating, as is proven by other posts, such as, Legionary2099, and Somedude_Yudachi who coughed up evidence that was quickly deleted, and Drakon233 actually admits cheating occurs. I wonder, are you using a cheat icy_phoenix?

Who do you think you are to accuse other people of using cheats with 0 evidence?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,207
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,115 posts
7,667 battles

WASD beats aimbot, everytime.

 

As Bex has already stated, a gun aimbot cannot take in to account random ship maneuvers, especially over greater distances.

 

example- The torpedo aimer is a built-in aimbot. However, all the targeted ship has to do is to change course, and torps will miss.  However, a good torps man can predict targeted ship movements and score a hit, cos he knows ship predictor will miss.

 

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
638
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
948 posts
8,872 battles
1 hour ago, ZTop_SecretZ said:

On a strategic level, when cheating is permitted, the fabric of the game is at risk and players will leave.

It most definitely is not permitted.  I think you are failing to grasp the thrust of most of the replies here.  Experienced players do not need any help to hit you with salvos at range consistently.  Predicting movements of enemy ships is one of the key factors in aiming, and many people do it very well.

I would also suggest you don't accuse fellow forum members of cheating with absolutely no basis to those claims at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
154 posts
347 battles

someone use the perfect cheat aimbot = 100% hits againts noob

someone pro enough just use regular aim = 100% hits againts noob

 

someone use the perfect cheat aimbot = 10% hits againts someone pro

someone pro enough just use regular aim = 50% hits againts someone pro

 

now see the difference

 

if you are noob, incoming fire alert IS MUSS TAKE! if you see incoming shell, change course and it will miss.....

after battle in CV, i realize hitting someone +15km is actually ez..... THE REAL PROBLEM, more than half of the shell missed or richochet or shatter.

 

da real heck is, this tight of shell is actually depend ON LUCK. no matter how perfect your aim, the shell dispersion can make half your shell missed. i have hit DD from 12km WITH 7 HITS in emil bertin! or the most silly i missed Des Meme from 8km point blank in Bismarck -_-..... the shell drop on above and below....

the most lucky thing in Bismarck is i hit Algerie in 17km from full HP got 3 citadel :V

 

___________________---

the real ultimate cheat on this game

- RDF mod

- shell landing like drakon said

- view consummable used in battle (allies only)

- navigator mod..... da hell i got banned....

- XVM mod.... i dont know its name, but this mod give you information about oppoenent and allies stat

- hiring some unicum to play and increase your stat or playing it for lelpass the pesky tech tree like Izumo or La Glass

 

and they dont give a sheet :V

 

but the real cheat is this

http://shipcomrade.com/images/news/Mouse/Belfast3.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,656
[REPOI]
Member
5,336 posts
22,176 battles
1 hour ago, ZTop_SecretZ said:

Sure, experience is a factor, but it's more than that. I am reluctant to mention it, but I suspect a number are using very effective cheats; and doing very well with them.

You are presuming I am talking about my BB's. Actually, it is not exclusive to them. My cruisers also cop it. It seems incredulous that a number of opponents can continually land salvo after salvo, even when they are retreating! 

I didn't want to mention aim bots. I left it open for people to bring up the subject themselves. The post was meant to be vague and non-specific, so as to canvass a lot of views, and that's what it has done. I am not exaggerating, as is proven by other posts, such as, Legionary2099, and Somedude_Yudachi who coughed up evidence that was quickly deleted, and Drakon233 actually admits cheating occurs. I wonder, are you using a cheat icy_phoenix?

 

On a strategic level, when cheating is permitted, the fabric of the game is at risk and players will leave. No players = no game.

Maybe we should all use cheats and see how long the game lasts.

Overall, the posts of the players has been most rewarding and informative. I hope there are more to come.  

Cheers, and thanks for the constructive input by most.

cheers do exist, ive known people who were banned for cheating, you died becasue you got outplayed, it's as simple as that

 

and do not go around accuseing people here of cheating because YOU cant WASD, this forum does not tale kindly to things like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×