You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Teostra

Tears of the desert epicenter

14 comments in this topic

295 posts
6,604 battles
10 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

it took a half a year for WG to come up with a new game mode and they are too ashamed to say it's shitty and remove it

The mode is kind of okay in the right map, but certainly not in tears of the desert 

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,438 battles
4 minutes ago, Teostra said:

The mode is kind of okay in the right map, but certainly not in tears of the desert 

The 3 cap mode isnt even remotely okay , if you spawn north and the bottle cap is closest to you , you are screwed. Theres no cover at all , no cover = no counterplay.

The map is too open. Why dont they just add bikini girls i wonder ? pretty sure many more would miss on purpose and beaching indefinitely under the tropical sun

1,386 posts
8,230 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

it took a half a year for WG to come up with a new game mode and they are too ashamed to say it's shitty and remove it

Bastard-ion mode, it came behind epicenter, and did get removed

or the center cap mode, the one that can be capped a few minutes after battle start, and cap results in insta win.

IMHO epicenter isn’t exactly that bad, at least when it’s implimented in map Trident. But when coupled with the shitty desert map it’s disaster

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
Just now, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

Bastard-ion mode, it came behind epicenter, and did get removed

or the center cap mode, the one that can be capped a few minutes after battle start, and cap results in insta win.

both should have been removed, since this always happens in epic can...

c9Qn0py-hbpjZfT1kSg4-77.jpg.9625624d6507b4cf1ec8ab1dc8e36956.jpg

203 posts
11,788 battles

Somebody actually like it and I quoted.
"There's no bad map, only bad players.

Maybe that's the reason we still have this horrible map.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,764 battles

Tears Epicenter is pretty awful, but you can make it enjoyable and successful.  You need to be constantly working the flanks - if you hide behind the islands you are contributing to the problem (except for ships like DM/Mino, they're pretty stuffed, but their job is just to assist the DD's in mid).

I've had consistently successful games on this map in both DD's and BB's by pushing round the flanks.  I remember in my Missouri once I pushed wide solo on the NE flank and had six ships (including three BB's), just keep falling away from me until they'd retreated so far we had complete control of mid up to the far side island chain.  Even if they are actually competent and put up a fight, they are now taking fire from two different directions which will very much help the chances of a win.  Russian DD's and long range torp boats are also very effective at harassing the flanks.

Basically if you hide behind the island chains as a BB or long range cruiser you are part of the problem, and forfeit your right to complain about this map.

[LBAS]
163 posts
3,928 battles

One of my best ever games was in the Fiji on this map.

Smoke, turning, angling, torps and team mates who work together makes it awesome. The problem is, it's so damn big that the Cruisers need support from the DD's to give them smoke cover to shoot from before kiting out again.

That said, when the team works together, it can be awesome and a lot of fun.

Do I like the map? Not particularly, however, it does force teamwork

455 posts
8,038 battles

This map is pretty much unbearable without a division. With a competent division you can just mow down camping enemy sides by pushing one flank and scaring the campers to abandon their spots, allowing cruisers to move near cap safely near cap and basically ending the game right there.

Solo though, you'll see a shima patrolling the enemy base while enemy dd is capping while the BBs are hiding behind big islands unable to even shoot, until they sail out of cover completely broadside and die. And then the fighter plane DM pretending to be useful behind an island