You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ahwai82

T9 cruisers

35 comments in this topic

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,573 battles

Ibuki is just straight up bad for me, probably because i don't understand it. Slow shell velocity and no armor playing too close easily get sunked play too far it's hard to hit anything. Not fun and first time i gave up fxp to zao

Donskoi got great guns and radar. Quite fun get close to smoke ship radar them and kill them. It's not a amazing ship but does its job decently as a long range and close range. Have my fun go thru to moskva.

Roon just got it few days ago and only got my 1st upgrade but so far can't say i have any success mostly down to how dumb i played it but with time i can figure it out bit by bit.

Baltimore lack of credit to buy it for now but i expect to be similar playstyle to NO.

French well still stuck at algerie, probably i need rdf to have some awesome match lol!

This is just what i think of these ships, ibuki the worst for me so far and the rest that i have it's workable and quite fun to play just i need to remove some stupidity from meself. What you guys think of the T9 cruisers?

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

ibuki sucks, DD is playable, but not fun, cant comment on saint louis since i havnt played it yet, nepnep is good, balti and roon are some of the best ships there tier for tier

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles
4 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

Ibuki the worst T9 CA << T7 armor:fish_boom: ,T7 guns :fish_palm:

Like Myoko is good for her tier , i didnt know that. The need to show broadside mean that its exp pinata whenever i see it ?

Ibuki is meh , but not useless and the shell is not slow either ( what are u eating man , its shell is faster than nep nep and baltimore ).

What it gets greatly improved firing angle compare to its 2 predecessor, kiting is very comfortable. The 67 knts torp is also a nasty suprise if you get to use it ( hint get to 10km and turn back to use it undetected against pushers)

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,573 battles

glad im not the only one find ibuki absolutely astrocious

forget royal navy, played till edinburgh but not playing much, for some reason playing this line everyone in my team will sit at the border..i can never understand i get fedup and i just have zero fun

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles
49 minutes ago, ahwai82 said:

glad im not the only one find ibuki absolutely astrocious

forget royal navy, played till edinburgh but not playing much, for some reason playing this line everyone in my team will sit at the border..i can never understand i get fedup and i just have zero fun

You are not having fun because from tier 5-10 you play exactly the same style , barely different reload , nearly the same arc and the same fricken shells. All ship in the line behave more or less the same with Zao being the weird one out. Did you notice that the IJN ship have exactly the same design style ? You probably got bored because of playing the same thing over and over again even when moving up a tier.

Just go drop in a different line to refresh yourself and come back every now and then , thats what i do

[AUSNZ]
59 posts
11,642 battles

I agree Ibuki sucked and i did not like her really.  I did ok at the end but the whole sit way back and pepper stuff with HE is boring for me.  The ZAO is great though so worth it.  As for the rest:

Roon I have, do ok with but again dont really play it alot as i dont like the style so much. 

Neptune, had fun but mino is so much better!

Balti: great ship now it's been buffed, save for that!!  I had alot of fun in mine, but love the DM more.  great ship to work up to.

Still  on the martel which is ok but cant comment on the st loui although seems more of the pepper HE style play which I dont like.

146 posts
10,176 battles

I enjoyed and did well in Ibuki - good concealment and good guns: fire and disappear; harrass BBs; take out unsuspecting DDs; ap wrecks cruisers. 

I struggled with Donskoi and Roon. Just didn't click and didn't enjoy either very much. Probably played too aggressively in them. Worth it though as Moskva and Hindy are wonderful ships. 

Saint Louis was solid but unremarkable. Can barely remember. Not a bad grind though. 

I loved Neptune and Baltimore. Don't think I did that well in either: but they were the most fun. Balti in particular is one of my favourite ships in the game.

Balti is the only t9 cruiser I plan on rebuying if I can ever afford to.

Edited by Mister_Teatime

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Only T9 CL I played was Neptune and I love her. You can pump out shells like mad. I also have an 18 points full AA captain sitting on her, so extra fun when carriers come close.

Next one was supposed to be iBuki but I'm not grinding Mogami at all.

[LBAS]
163 posts
3,925 battles

I just got the Baltimore and I love it. I have the Radar extending module, which goes in place of a useless slot, so 49s radar get!

It turns great, with Expert Marksman, the turrets turn great, the heal is wonderful and the ROF is awesome, plus US AP!

This may become my favourite ship!

Also, my first Tier IX as I grind up multiple lines.

1,340 posts
8,832 battles

Hmm I don't mind the Ibuki really. I use the increased range mod and light BBs on fire with HE spam. Also thanks to its great concealment, I can usually choose when and where to engage. Pretty fun sneaking in close to some cruiser and shove a load of AP into his unsuspecting broadside. And because I can choose when to shoot, I am already kiting away and he can return maybe 1 or 2 salvos before I go dark.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

Donskoi is the one that feel like crap to me.

maybe thats because IFHE not a thing before then. it realy feel like downgrade from chapayev

Ibuki and saint louis are similiar. well IJN and French is basicly same gameplay

with T8-T9 seems stale, and with not noticable improvment after advancing 

Roon, Baltimore and Neptune is the strong cruiser at T9. and have noticable Improvement from T8 ships

After gruelling edinburgh, which feel like have 0 improvement over Fiji. Neptune feel like the moment you step to Fiji from leander. its like 50% moar firepower

Same for Roon, the improvement after Hipper can be realy felt

Baltimore never feel strong until the 10s reload buff. which I can say realy made her feel enjoyable. and big improvement from T8

Edited by humusz

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I played ok on the Ibuki, mostly engaging in mid to max 19 km range (with the latest range & increase gun upgrade). With that engagement rule in mind, I can WASD haxx maneuver with Steering Gears Mod 2. Talk about survivability, I owe it to the [1] concealment perk & upgrade investment, [2] the maneuverability, and [3] the right moment to exploit battle scenarios. Regarding slow shell velocity, I had to agree with you there as I only fire in sequential in long range & it's only sufficient when the target is under 15km.

D. Donskoi, the issue I will be facing is the shift from DD hunting to support role due to concealment. Get detected before the radar range, unlike its predecessor which is the other way around & the role I enjoyed the most.

2,221 posts
13,691 battles

Well I can kinda agree in that the Ibuki has been my worst wr T9 cruiser. But it's still a T9 cruiser so I feel it's like having to go out with the ugliest of the 10 prettiest girls in the world, not really that bad.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,573 battles

good for you guys can get ibuki to work, there are so many ships to play i dont wanna waste anymore time

fxp to zao play one match and the difference is unbelievable lol

anyway play a little roon today and this is what i say fun, excellent ship that noob like me can play decently :Smile_teethhappy:

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,573 battles
On 12/10/2017 at 8:03 PM, icy_phoenix said:

My problem is not in getting a ship to work, my problem is to keep her working consistently.

let others have some glory alright, if you keep playing the best you can nothing left for us noobs lol

On 12/10/2017 at 8:37 PM, humusz said:

Atago is da best

WG puhlease give 30% discount on atago this coming christmas, i would buy it! lol

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Ibuki is basically a downgrade of Atago + 1 turret facing front, that's all

still one of the best ship to be SKIPPED right to the next tier

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles
6 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

Ibuki is basically a downgrade of Atago + 1 turret facing front, that's all

still one of the best ship to be SKIPPED right to the next tier

Downgrade? No , it is just a weak upgrade for a tier increase. Ibuki has a lot going on for it compare to Paytago , but most noticable is firing angle and maneuverability comfort. However , the upgrades are not worth the tier increase. Skipping ? Plausible , but then again skipping is for whales and not skipping will improve your hax skills anyway , it force you to improvise.

I find Ibuki is a lot more comfortable to zip around than a Paytago , mainly because of the battery arrangement and the ability to mount a range upgrade