Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
etot146

Historical Battles Query

7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
17 posts
2,697 battles

Hi WG,

Just got in the Beta testing, loving it and much thanks. I really can't wait until the devs start churning out maps for historical battles. Most especially for the PTO, like the Battles of Midway, Coral Sea, Leyte Gulf and Philippine Sea, just to name a few. Which I'm sure a lot of people will also be interested in. Just thinking of playing as one of Taffy-3's destroyers is already getting my mojo curdling. A chance to re-live or re-write history, albeit just in-game. But, think about it, what if Kurita did push through and broke the Taffy guard? What if Halsey did stay with the battle group at Leyte? 

Another hit for WG for sure once it goes open. More power to you folks and thanks again.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Man..... who would play Historical battle if the players doesn't have a certain ship for certain historical battle. Or worst, everybody wants to be Carrier or Battleship instead of being other classes required on the battle.

It reminds me one of the WoT's historical battle, everybody wants to play Tiger instead of Pz. III, IV, or etc. or doesn't have Pz. III, IV, etc.

Beta Tester
17 posts
2,697 battles

That's true indeed. But why kill an idea just because it didn't work in WOT? Why not try it first and see if it does work? And I'm also suggesting the maps as well.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

I've said this before,

IMO one of the reasons historical battles in WoT didn't work properly is that the tank battles IRL were not played out with just tanks alone.

There were other arms, like infantry, engineers, air forces, etc. They all played a part in the battles. Sometimes decisively.

With these WoWs battles, we are closer to the real thing. All the arms that were in the real battles could be replicated here, with the exception that the number of ships in the actual battles would not fit in to the allowable teams.

I'm all for historical battles. Bring it on.

Sign in to follow this