You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

HAMS Vampire get!

16 comments in this topic

232 posts
1,876 battles
19 hours ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

That’s right, just one day after the event begun, I finished the mission and got the boat!

Oh I love you scenario and coop

Didn't see this post. 

Sorry HMS_Swiftsure.

B_T23

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

154 posts
345 battles

meanwhile :

a) CV KS....

Rasknum : hahaha a broadside shining horse will eat my lel water torpedo....

Lexington >> send TB to finish it first -_-

b) someone else fire.....

Rwasknum : hohohoho 2 fire caused on Amagi and its almost sunk

Amagi get killed by someone else fire.... Da HELL!!

c) devastating strike

Kutuzov hide behind smoke.... launch lelwater.... devastating strike! 

WHERE IS THE KILL??

Leander and Bayern hide behind smoke... launch lelwater.... devastating strike! 

WHERE IS THE KILL??

d) another DD story

phew-phew vs Maass..... Maass got more than half HP chunked... some BB/CA shell insta kill it

a wild mutsuki appear with 2K HP! launch salvo! missed... someone else killed it.....

e) Yugumo vs lelwater torpedo...

Yugumo hide behind smoke in the cap....

... launch lelwater....

no effect -_-

Edited by Rwasknum

[LBAS]
4,591 posts
26,024 battles
9 minutes ago, Rwasknum said:

meanwhile :

Spoiler

a) CV KS....

c) devastating strike

WHERE IS THE KILL??

WHERE IS THE KILL??

d) another DD story

phew-phew vs Maass..... Maass got more than half HP chunked... some BB/CA shell insta kill it

a wild mutsuki appear with 2K HP! launch salvo! missed... someone else killed it.....

... launch lelwater....

no effect -_-

Vampire KS stories :Smile_teethhappy:

2,254 posts
13,967 battles
4 hours ago, Rwasknum said:

meanwhile :

a) CV KS....

c) devastating strike

WHERE IS THE KILL??

WHERE IS THE KILL??

d) another DD story

... launch lelwater....

no effect -_-

ikr.

in a scenario game and a leander next to me was about half a second ahead in his firing cycle. each time my shells must have been within about 50mtrs as i had about 6 kills robbed.

1,050 posts
7,778 battles

Got Vampire last night. The history of this ship and the “scrap iron flotilla” means this ship is close to every Australian’s heart, ie take an old tin-can, fix it up with wire, and then make Jerry’s life hard!  Definitely a collector's item and a good looking ship, regardless of its qualities in the game.

As the missions can be done in co-op and scenarios this time, I saved my money. Not hard to do the “win 7  battles” and “destroy 20 ships” in co-op. 25k XP and 750k damage is easy in scenario.

Yeah, speed, manoeuvrability and stealth – all fairly underwhelming. Got to keep one eye on the map at all times when you drive Vampire.

I figured Vampire’s role would be “gunboat” and distributed the 6 captain skill points accordingly. Played only a few games, but found the guns are fairly ineffective against cruisers/BB’s, also not a good “fire starter”. I guess “destroyer hunter” describes Vampire’s role best.

In one game with a CV, Vampire’s AA started hammering away and to my surprise, it shot down a plane! Not that common you win “shot down plane” ribbon with a T3 DD.

There are similarities with Clemson, in the good and the bad department. Clemson is the better ship, IMO, but Clemson is T4, so I guess Clemson should be better. I feel I hit less with Vampire’s guns, compared to Clemson. Especially wiggling DD’s dodged a lot of my shells. Maybe it was getting a bit late for me, haha.

Super Tester
7,765 posts
8,043 battles

Your first mistake is comparing any DD with Clemson. Only thing that will probably beat a Clemson in her range is a Gremyachy and that's the most op tier 5 DD. Vampire is a fine tier 3 DD for me.

[MEGA]
4,670 posts
17,961 battles
15 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Your first mistake is comparing any DD with Clemson. Only thing that will probably beat a Clemson in her range is a Gremyachy and that's the most op tier 5 DD. Vampire is a fine tier 3 DD for me.

the hunter and nicholas both would give clubson a fairly hard time

1,050 posts
7,778 battles
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:20 PM, icy_phoenix said:

I guess that was a reply to my post? Whatever you consider a mistake or not, when I played it, this was my impression. I'm not bringing tier in at all, it's the general way I felt the ships can be played well.

Of course you are free to disagree, or call that a mistake. People cannot agree all the time.

1,386 posts
8,351 battles
32 minutes ago, FrankTheShip said:

so would be handy if we could get the flag as well.

You can get the bundle after getting the ship from mission, the duplicate ship would be compensated for with doubloons. (If you finish the mission with Vampire in port, you will only get credits compensation)