You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
epojokke

The Atlanta is OP

41 comments in this topic

50 posts
14 battles

Well maybe not really, but if you have lady luck on your side, you can get away with just about anything. Just look at how I bullied the BB around the 12 min mark. He ran and hid behind an island.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,110 battles

Atlanta is OP if the player knows its weaknesses and the enemy are stupid or blind.   If you 

let a Lolanta within 11km range and you haven't got your guns facing him then you deserve to sink.  It is certainly one of the most fun ships in the game.

1,011 posts
7,459 battles

I watched the video, quite entertaining.

Let’s say the enemy team had a good part in your success, mainly by skilfully straddling your ship with shells without hitting you.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles
1 hour ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Atlanta is the best Sub-machine gun Cruiser  Destroyer ever.

minotaur would beg to differ, her dpm is twice of atlanta's and has a much better concealment, plus very good torps

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles
38 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

minotaur would beg to differ, her dpm is twice of atlanta's and has a much better concealment, plus very good torps

But it also face big bear that could sink her even in smoke and a good ton of ships that have spotters to make her life miserable. I also believe that Mino shell arc is not as  high as Atlanta , leading her to be more vulnerable when hiding in some case.

Super Tester
7,538 posts
7,978 battles
2 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

But it also face big bear that could sink her even in smoke and a good ton of ships that have spotters to make her life miserable. I also believe that Mino shell arc is not as  high as Atlanta , leading her to be more vulnerable when hiding in some case.

Ah, we should not really compare Atlanta with a T10 Monster. Atlanta shells are scary to see come flying, once they hit your ship its 70% shatter. Also, it is much easier to get into position with a Mino. Getting shot in smoke is more like a bad luck thing on your part and good predictive skill on enemy. I think Atlanta requires a lot better player to be as successful compared to a player in Mino.

IMO Atlanta is one of the best example of good premium ship, unlike no brainier like Belfast.

Beta Tester
645 posts
3,511 battles
3 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Ah, we should not really compare Atlanta with a T10 Monster. Atlanta shells are scary to see come flying, once they hit your ship its 70% shatter. Also, it is much easier to get into position with a Mino. Getting shot in smoke is more like a bad luck thing on your part and good predictive skill on enemy. I think Atlanta requires a lot better player to be as successful compared to a player in Mino.

IMO Atlanta is one of the best example of good premium ship, unlike no brainier like Belfast.

Belfast is for Cowards whom prefer in a smoke-in-a-dragon-techniques-gimmicks-while-using-radar-and-sonar and shoot like a no cerebellum or cerebrum .

Atlanta is for some " Balls " who prefer to eat planes only and smoke DD at A B C or D cap zone while radar for the team to make DD eat lead.

3 hours ago, drakon233 said:

Do not Compare Minotaur with Sub machine gun , Tier Difference. So this ain't comparison . Revoked.

Super Tester
7,538 posts
7,978 battles
7 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Belfast is for Cowards whom prefer in a smoke-in-a-dragon-techniques-gimmicks-while-using-radar-and-sonar and shoot like a no cerebellum or cerebrum .

Atlanta is for some " Balls " who prefer to eat planes only and smoke DD at A B C or D cap zone while radar for the team to make DD eat lead.

I disagree on this part though. You have to play the ship to her strength. There is no such thing as cowardly play or ballsy play regarding smoke. Cowardly play is the only when you hang back afraid of getting shot at in situations when your presence is required. There is always a time for everything, sometimes time to be ballsy, sometimes it is better to hang back. Overextending is as bad as not extending at all.

Beta Tester
645 posts
3,511 battles
19 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

I disagree on this part though. You have to play the ship to her strength. There is no such thing as cowardly play or ballsy play regarding smoke. Cowardly play is the only when you hang back afraid of getting shot at in situations when your presence is required. There is always a time for everything, sometimes time to be ballsy, sometimes it is better to hang back. Overextending is as bad as not extending at all.

There is one time every " Pro " belfast players just sitting in Respawn, all they do is not helping a fellow " Pro DD " player to take over when there's 2 DD slaughtered one DD and Belfast not doing anything at all, because they're afraid their might getting citadel the first thing they see of. Belfast , Saipan and this ugly friend Sims already like i get to see cowardice. one time a " Unicorn " Level Belfast aren't trying to help a 5.4 Km Concealment build HSF Harekaze only to get rekt by a Chapayev when hes on full side and Belfast aren't doing anything fearing he might join the Citadelnanigans.

Now tell me, is Belfast is for cowardice? You may be true on play on her Strength But i tell ya every match every thing i see a Belfast on ours or theirs they just hug their waifu spawn base when THEY need their radar presence to attack DD in smoke. with PADD on the loose , Belfast players EEEEEEK that kind of part. Now i was a Maass and some allied ship of mine is Belfast . This belfast player is a unicorn level and he follows me around until i spot Gadjah Mada i told him to attack but he told me that he don't want his Belfast to get rekt by Deep Water. I so kek hearing this.

And Overextending is not the point for that one. People don't know what fear looks like is.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles
40 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

There is one time every " Pro " belfast players just sitting in Respawn, all they do is not helping a fellow " Pro DD " player to take over when there's 2 DD slaughtered one DD and Belfast not doing anything at all, because they're afraid their might getting citadel the first thing they see of. Belfast , Saipan and this ugly friend Sims already like i get to see cowardice. one time a " Unicorn " Level Belfast aren't trying to help a 5.4 Km Concealment build HSF Harekaze only to get rekt by a Chapayev when hes on full side and Belfast aren't doing anything fearing he might join the Citadelnanigans.

Now tell me, is Belfast is for cowardice? You may be true on play on her Strength But i tell ya every match every thing i see a Belfast on ours or theirs they just hug their waifu spawn base when THEY need their radar presence to attack DD in smoke. with PADD on the loose , Belfast players EEEEEEK that kind of part. Now i was a Maass and some allied ship of mine is Belfast . This belfast player is a unicorn level and he follows me around until i spot Gadjah Mada i told him to attack but he told me that he don't want his Belfast to get rekt by Deep Water. I so kek hearing this.

And Overextending is not the point for that one. People don't know what fear looks like is.

that's not being "pro", that's being a idiot

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles
10 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

CE first. IFHE wont help if you cant get into position first.

i would argue AFT/IFHE, because atlanta's range is so short you are bound to seen and spotted once the shooting starts, if you arnt in positions yet then that either means that you are either on a map where the islands are in hard to reach locations, in which case you are screwed, CE or not, or you dont know how to position your ship yet, in which case you are equally screwed

IFHE increases your damage output by a whole order of magnitude, and AFT is a must for the atlanta, i suggest takeing AFT-IFHE-CE, in that order

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
396 posts
14,960 battles
1 hour ago, ahwai82 said:

atlanta question

nearing 14th point, take CE or IFHE?

There's going to be all kind of advice on this one... my 2 cents... CE and AFT are non-negotiables. IFHE you take last because the reality is that it won't pump your damage numbers dramatically, in my experience. It mostly benefits you against T8 BBs and you're not always going to get that opportunity.

Super Tester
7,538 posts
7,978 battles
2 hours ago, drakon233 said:

i would argue AFT/IFHE, because atlanta's range is so short you are bound to seen and spotted once the shooting starts, if you arnt in positions yet then that either means that you are either on a map where the islands are in hard to reach locations, in which case you are screwed, CE or not, or you dont know how to position your ship yet, in which case you are equally screwed

IFHE increases your damage output by a whole order of magnitude, and AFT is a must for the atlanta, i suggest takeing AFT-IFHE-CE, in that order

2 hours ago, Bex_o7 said:

There's going to be all kind of advice on this one... my 2 cents... CE and AFT are non-negotiables. IFHE you take last because the reality is that it won't pump your damage numbers dramatically, in my experience. It mostly benefits you against T8 BBs and you're not always going to get that opportunity.

He did mention about a 14 point captain, that means he took AFT at 10.

Super Tester
7,538 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Actually that unicorn is an idiot or just scared.

You are telling us one side of the story, so no, may be, you assessed the situation wrong? 

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles
Just now, icy_phoenix said:

He did mention about a 14 point captain, that means he took AFT at 10.

you never know, i knew this guy who went full Rambo with his manlanta and traded CE with DE and a T1 skill