You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nikolaevna

Just received two premium ships for rent

16 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
392 posts

shot-17_12.04_23_53.17-0501.thumb.jpg.7c476d15ae5b15ef648ada3395a7d409.jpg

shot-17_12.04_23_55.37-0131.thumb.jpg.09bf08508f42e60ab05b58baaa9dcda0.jpg

As did a few of us it seems. Fair play to them for trying it out in co-op first before jumping into random battles.

shot-17_12_05_00_05.16-0244.thumb.jpg.0c38713dc02179bd2429cc94a475f4a5.jpg

Personally I'm not interested in Okhotnik. Wish WG Asia rented out Imperator Nikolais instead. But out of curiosity, how do you buy it? I don't see an option.

Anyone else also got a rental ship (not the clan rentals)?

Edited by Nikolaevna

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles
13 minutes ago, Nikolaevna said:

shot-17_12.04_23_53.17-0501.thumb.jpg.7c476d15ae5b15ef648ada3395a7d409.jpg

shot-17_12.04_23_55.37-0131.thumb.jpg.09bf08508f42e60ab05b58baaa9dcda0.jpg

As did a few of us it seems. Fair play to them for trying it out in co-op first before jumping into random battles.

shot-17_12_05_00_05.16-0244.thumb.jpg.0c38713dc02179bd2429cc94a475f4a5.jpg

Personally I'm not interested in Okhotnik. Wish WG Asia rented out Imperator Nikolais instead. But out of curiosity, how do you buy it? I don't see an option.

Anyone else also got a rental ship (not the clan rentals)?

Why do i never get to try any of the rental event :I.

Glad you get yourself a free ride.

WG could sell more premiums if the plebs could  get a taste of whats it like to ride a premium

Alpha Tester
392 posts
29 minutes ago, Teostra said:

how do you get these rental ships? because i didn't recieved any

I was just playing co-op and then Okhotnik appeared when I returned to port. Played one PvE operation and then Scharnhorst appeared.

1,347 posts
8,872 battles

Got the Okhotnik for rent too. Put in my Udaloy captain and took it out for a spin in a Random Battle.

Not impressed. It would be a fun gunboat DD if not for that godawful turret traverse. Good thing I managed to try it for rent, because that is one ship I now know for certain I am not going to buy. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Thyaliad

322 posts
4,672 battles

I got both today as well. 3 day rental. I suppose I'll take Scharnhorst out for a spin this evening. Not too keen about buying a bunch of modules for her ... I'm not sure if I'll lose credits on the mount/demount and unwilling to find out.

I have no idea what the criteria are for getting the ships, or what the deal is as far as WG is concerned. (I'm filing it under mild diversion/amusement.)

283 posts
3,587 battles

I have the Scharnhorst, do you have to use doubloons to convert the XP to free XP though?  And make sure you have no slots left in the commander barracks :cap_book: BTW I got my Scharnhorst after having a monster game in the Nicholas, 86k dmg with 6 kills so maybe if you do good in a game you get the ships?

*For some reason my laptop has no internet but WoWs seems to work fine and am using my desktop for this so I cannot get the screenshots :(

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,506 battles
3 hours ago, ellofiend said:

I have the Scharnhorst, do you have to use doubloons to convert the XP to free XP though?  And make sure you have no slots left in the commander barracks :cap_book: BTW I got my Scharnhorst after having a monster game in the Nicholas, 86k dmg with 6 kills so maybe if you do good in a game you get the ships?

*For some reason my laptop has no internet but WoWs seems to work fine and am using my desktop for this so I cannot get the screenshots :(

You always have to pay dubloons to convert XP to free XP.

I got both these ships, did not enjoy the Schrnhorst, with the BB heavy meta these days those 11" guns just aren't enough. Some games only see one or two cruisers. And I admit my aim in BBs is pitiful.

I thought I would hate the Ohotnik, played a couple of games, when top tier OMG that alpha strike. Got a 19 point trashkent captain in it, so that obviously helped a lot. Will play a few more games but I might be tempted. The turret traverse isn't t that awful as they do rotate 360. So you can kinda drive it like a Nikolai and wiggle side to side.

Alpha Tester
392 posts
On 12/6/2017 at 5:47 AM, ellofiend said:

And make sure you have no slots left in the commander barracks :cap_book:

Duly noted. An extra captain slot is always welcome.

On 12/6/2017 at 9:26 AM, j0e90 said:

I got both these ships, did not enjoy the Schrnhorst, with the BB heavy meta these days those 11" guns just aren't enough.

Did you try her in the T7 scenario?

Alpha Tester
392 posts

Well my rental ships have been removed. There was no offer to buy either ship, even though I played Okhotnik 30 times. On the bright side, perhaps they will put up more premium ships for rent, particularly my coveted Imperator Nikolai? It's not like I will get to keep the ship permanently anyway, just for three days. As a PvE player I'll only be using her in co-op, so no seal clubbing intended. Fingers crossed.

@Spotter @amade @dead_man_walking

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,506 battles
15 hours ago, Nikolaevna said:

Duly noted. An extra captain slot is always welcome.

Did you try her in the T7 scenario?

Yes, quite a few BBs in that scenario, I really struggled to get Scharnhorts s AP to work. had much better luck with high ROF cruisers like the Fiji. Like I said, I am crap when it comes to aiming BBs. Actually aiming in general, but if you can throw enough mud in the air some of it will stick ;)