Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

WG why did you remove 14k xp from my Lexington grind?

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
2,220 posts
13,691 battles

Just so happens that I keep a spreadsheet of ships that are top of each tree, so that I can decide which to grind in light of upcoming discounts etc. After my first game in the new Lexington I was surprised to discover I had less XP. So I made a couple of  calculations:

current xp - xp from battle = xp post update

xp post update - xp in spreadsheet = xp removed by update

& xp removed by update = 14000xp.

 

So despite

Quote

We’re guided by the underlying principle that players do not lose anything

after update 0.6.14.0 my Lexington had 14000 xp removed from it's progress towards the Essex.:Smile_sceptic:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COAT]
Member
1,182 posts
10,105 battles
2 minutes ago, keskparane said:

Just so happens that I keep a spreadsheet of ships that are top of each tree, so that I can decide which to grind in light of upcoming discounts etc. After my first game in the new Lexington I was surprised to discover I had less XP. So I made a couple of  calculations:

current xp - xp from battle = xp post update

xp post update - xp in spreadsheet = xp removed by update

& xp removed by update = 14000xp.

 

So despite

after update 0.6.14.0 my Lexington had 14000 xp removed from it's progress towards the Essex.:Smile_sceptic:

 

It becomes free XP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,220 posts
13,691 battles
14 minutes ago, Kim_JongMion said:

It becomes free XP

That doesn't make sense.

 

We were refunded the XP spent on upgrades. After the upgrades were researched there is 179k xp to grind to the Essex. There is no reason to remove 14k xp from the progress towards that amount.

Edited by keskparane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,220 posts
13,691 battles
8 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Contact WG Helpdesk, they should be able to adjust that.

I'm not that worried about it. I mainly raised it because I expect I'm not a random case. I expect it was the norm and that everyone got ripped. I just wanted to highlight it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,011 posts
7,430 battles
4 hours ago, keskparane said:

I'm not that worried about it. I mainly raised it because I expect I'm not a random case. I expect it was the norm and that everyone got ripped. I just wanted to highlight it.

Worried enough to start a whinge thread, but not worried enough to take it up with WG?

I guess you like whinging?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,220 posts
13,691 battles
1 hour ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Worried enough to start a whinge thread, but not worried enough to take it up with WG?

I guess you like whinging?

Your trolling needs improving.

 

You might consider it a whine. I consider it making people aware of what is being done to their accounts in contradiction to what they are being told is being done to their accounts.

 

Submitting a ticket to WG is more effort than 14k xp is worth in my case. It may be different for others, but first they would need to know it has happened...right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×