You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rwasknum

what is DD main role?

36 comments in this topic

154 posts
345 battles

Free XP to Gadjah Mada is indeed biggest mistake. i am almost never play DD, and ultra nobob in it. since there is two kind of DD (GunBoat or TorpBoat), this Gadjah Mada have good gun but also decent torpedo. its have low concealment and very fast rudder shift. the problem is i actually have no idea for what to do......

0. since the Gadjah Mada is new, youtube video is rare..... only flamu ROFLstomping enemy team.... what is ship have similiar playstyle?

1. how to gunboat? just phew phew like khabrovsk? or smoke and phew-phew? 

2. how to torpedo boat? getting closer but high risk (higher chance of hit) or stealth torp? or release and then phew phew? what is optimum range for release torpedo?

3. spam all torpedo at once, or firing it one by one?

4. do you think Gadjah Mada need AFT?

5. what DD should do to carry the game? focus on delete enemy team? or support team? or what?

6. seriously i dont fear Radar or CV spot, BUT CV torpedo.....  since i play CV, just be honest here.... i am almost never miss my torp.... even when DD pop new smoke.... except there is AADF...

7. how to smoke the team efficiently....??

8. do people really think Gadjah Mada is a threat? i got 4~7 people targeting me when spotted..... also the Saipan and Ryujo try to kill me in our base instead of CV nearby...

9. is that normal for DD creating lemming train? the moment i push, everyone just follow me and enemy seems running away.... this is not good since the other SHIP FROM OTHER CAP is also move....leaving their cap -_-

10. if enemy running away (especially BB) what should i do? phew phew them? or keep stealth? or go to another cap?

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
52 minutes ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

Main role?get devastating strike by radar ships or torps and be burden to the team by deducting team score

you forgot - absorb all the neg karma points

114 posts
3,889 battles

just asking, did you re roll your account because i dont see how you can play cv and consistently hit dds with 162 games played 

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles
25 minutes ago, Exiaa said:

just asking, did you re roll your account because i dont see how you can play cv and consistently hit dds with 162 games played 

Maybe his account got banned or wanted to try a new leaf or something.

154 posts
345 battles
39 minutes ago, Exiaa said:

my last account is Skarhabek, just if you wonder. did you know, DD cannt dodge incoming well placed cross IJN CV (saipan too) torpedo.... even when i am noob and just use auto drop, 1 can hit...... that is why DD always fear the CV..... not only DD, almost everyship fear CV. that is why i am playing CV!

when i got Taiho and all module except hull researched, its empty.... i dont have credit so i go back playing low tier with Algerie and La Glass... since everyone use navigator mod to help aim, i am using it too..... and its obviously legal! [my friend installing it for me]

one day someone ask if WG let someone use aim bot.... i though navigator mod name was aim assist.... so.....

then i post something like this :

"i am using aim assist and still noob"   << got banned OMG!!!!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, KongouHime said:

Maybe his account got banned or wanted to try a new leaf or something.

yes it got banned...... and the reason for that is really silly....

DD is the most ship i hate to play! if there is no Gadjah Mada, i dont event care about DD :cap_yes:

24300936_519697231743851_147016748351692

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,110 battles

The PADD are unique with the deep water torps and you need at least some experience in playing either the US or RU DDs.   Their strengths lie is their concealment and guns.   I wouldn’t recommend them to someone who hasn’t done the DD captain thing before.

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles
3 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

The PADD are unique with the deep water torps and you need at least some experience in playing either the US or RU DDs.   Their strengths lie is their concealment and guns.   I wouldn’t recommend them to someone who hasn’t done the DD captain thing before.

Why isnt there a simple difficulty parameter added to prevent noobs jumping the gun to the line i wonder

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,853 battles
2 hours ago, Rwasknum said:

one day someone ask if WG let someone use aim bot.... i though navigator mod name was aim assist.... so.....

then i post something like this :

"i am using aim assist and still noob"   << got banned OMG!!!!!!!!!!

inb4 another one coming for you just because.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Do I think Gadjah Mada is a threat? Nope, I would look at the player's name, not the ship's name. If you see it is driven by players like Melon, stay away from that DD even if it is the shittiest DD of the entire game.

For all these "How to " questions, the answer is, "it depends on the situation".

How to carry team?

1. Kill enemy dd

2. secure caps

3. defend caps

4. spot for team

5. don't wonder around map border

6. don't leave caps empty

7. don't leave caps empty

8. don't leave caps empty

Got it?

1,011 posts
7,430 battles

Do you know about this: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Gadjah_Mada

The wiki generally gives you some rough info and recommendations on captain skills and flags to fly. If there are videos, the wiki often includes a link.

You say you don’t play DD and are noob at it. That means that it does not make much sense to give you “detailed theoretical advice”. You have to develop the basic skills for each ship or class of ships before you benefit from this kind of input.

I started with IJN DD’s, and I hated the US DD’s when I first started grinding them because my IJN DD tactics didn’t work. Now that I have worked it out, I actually prefer gunboats over the stealthy torpedo DD’s, you often die, but as long as you live, it’s fun and never boring.

The playstyle similar to Blyscawyca should work because the Blys has good guns, good speed and (just) stealth firing torpedos. Use your speed and (ok) concealment to scout. Learn to use the map with “last known position” switched on to manoeuvre yourself into position for torpedo attacks. Or use islands for ambushes, either with torpedos or guns. Check if a BB points the guns your way, or away from you. When guns point away or the BB just fired a salvo, that’s the best time to open fire, the BB cannot shoot back for a while. Learn to put BB’s on fire, staying out of their secondaries range. 

Probably better to avoid “knife fights” with same or higher tier gunboat type DD’s in a Gadja Mada.

To use any DD effectively, you have to know gun ranges, secondaries ranges, if ships can have radar. Best way to learn other ships strengths and weaknesses is to play them. Do that for a while and you will learn when to engage and when to run… errr, chose tactical withdrawal.

154 posts
345 battles
34 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Do you know about this: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Gadjah_Mada

The wiki generally gives you some rough info and recommendations on captain skills and flags to fly. If there are videos, the wiki often includes a link.

what do you guys think?

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000001001010001000000001119&sid=4182652112

the smoke boat build, i have pick every core build like the wiki said. as long as i got the core build, the other skill can be spent for other because the Gadjah Mada is flexible. 

Core : Priority target, last stand, survivability expert, and concealment expert.....

RDF : for threatening another DD, also can be used for predicting incoming torpedo when inside the smoke.

Superintendent : more smoke, 6 charge of smoke is just simply awesome..... more spood beest, this ship feels like snail

smoke expert : more bigger smoke, make world of warship smoke great again!.....

there is gunboat and torpedo boat.... this pan asia DD should be SMOKE BOAT!

1,011 posts
7,430 battles
2 hours ago, Rwasknum said:

Core : Priority target, last stand, survivability expert, and concealment expert.....

RDF : for threatening another DD, also can be used for predicting incoming torpedo when inside the smoke.

Superintendent : more smoke, 6 charge of smoke is just simply awesome..... more spood beest, this ship feels like snail

smoke expert : more bigger smoke, make world of warship smoke great again!...

Priority target and last stand are good. IMO, from T6/T7, survivability expert gives you a noticeable HP boost for 3 skill points.

Concealment expert, a must especially for DD’s.

RDF, hmm, have you ever used that skill? It is not like this would actually spot for you, you get this half-circle symbol pointing to the closest enemy ship that is not a carrier. Especially a well concealed DD will spot enemy ships before being spotted. By all means, get and try RDF, but it’s more a psychological weapon than an actual advantage for a DD.

I’d drop smoke expert, no use for a DD. I had smoke expert on a few of my RN cruisers, before 6.0.14, because I often overshot the smoke screen. With the new upgrade and smoke now 15s instead of 7s, smokescreen expert is not very helpful. Even without, you can share smoke with several other ships.

I’d add preventative maintenance, only one skill point.

Adrenaline rush, torpedo armament expertise, jack of all trades - all worth considering.

But, seriously, distributing 19 points? Do you have a 19 point Pan Asian captain, or otherwise, what are you smoking?

154 posts
345 battles
19 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

RDF, hmm, have you ever used that skill? It is not like this would actually spot for you, you get this half-circle symbol pointing to the closest enemy ship that is not a carrier. Especially a well concealed DD will spot enemy ships before being spotted. By all means, get and try RDF, but it’s more a psychological weapon than an actual advantage for a DD.

yes i have used that skill on French Cruiser, and its pretty good.... there is a lot of situation when RDF is very usefull,

- when there is only few ship left and enemy DD is nowhere to be known.... this skill prevent team from getting stealth torped by enemy DD 

- chasing enemy DD and killing it

- prevent you from GETTING spotted by running away at opposite direction

- fooling the noob that i got radar :V...... may be work since Pan Asia DD T8 and above really get radar 

- detect ship camp behind island, specifically BB or Cruiser trying to ambush

i must agree this skill is not usefull in every ship, but people just understimate RDF because they have no idea how to use it.

note : CV cannt use RDF, but can still be detected by RDF. Those explanation on wiki is wrong lel

22 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

I’d drop smoke expert, no use for a DD. I had smoke expert on a few of my RN cruisers, before 6.0.14, because I often overshot the smoke screen. With the new upgrade and smoke now 15s instead of 7s, smokescreen expert is not very helpful. Even without, you can share smoke with several other ships.

Adrenaline rush, torpedo armament expertise, jack of all trades - all worth considering.

But, seriously, distributing 19 points? Do you have a 19 point Pan Asian captain, or otherwise, what are you smoking?

i will replace the smoke expert with Adrenaline Rush then, more faster torpedo reload? since ITS TAKE SO LOOONG and MY HP is always less than 50% when gunboating.

btw, i am only play Pan Asia DD. so its not that hard getting 16~17 point in a 1~2 month. with the new signal, getting 20K commander XP in single battle is really posible.

1,011 posts
7,430 battles
36 minutes ago, Rwasknum said:

yes i have used that skill on French Cruiser, and its pretty good.... there is a lot of situation when RDF is very usefull,

- when there is only few ship left and enemy DD is nowhere to be known.... this skill prevent team from getting stealth torped by enemy DD 

- chasing enemy DD and killing it

- prevent you from GETTING spotted by running away at opposite direction

- fooling the noob that i got radar :V...... may be work since Pan Asia DD T8 and above really get radar 

- detect ship camp behind island, specifically BB or Cruiser trying to ambush

i must agree this skill is not usefull in every ship, but people just understimate RDF because they have no idea how to use it.

note : CV cannt use RDF, but can still be detected by RDF. Those explanation on wiki is wrong lel

i will replace the smoke expert with Adrenaline Rush then, more faster torpedo reload? since ITS TAKE SO LOOONG and MY HP is always less than 50% when gunboating.

btw, i am only play Pan Asia DD. so its not that hard getting 16~17 point in a 1~2 month. with the new signal, getting 20K commander XP in single battle is really posible.

“yes i have used that skill on French Cruiser, and its pretty good.... there is a lot of situation when RDF is very usefull,”

Well, use RDF on your ships as much as you like, totally up to you.

Just be aware, most players have to decide if they get RDF or CE, until they have a 15 point captain. Experienced captains will choose CE over RDF. It is no only usefulness of one skill in isolation, but weighing up one 5 point skill with benefits of other skills you spend 5 points on.

You have to develop your own style and then select captain skills accordingly. For example, I rarely take last stand, but depending on the ship, prefer rudder or engine modification. Remember, you have camos, flags, upgrades and captains skills.

Adrenalin rush is low on my priority. If you have a Ghadja Mada with 5 sec reload and you lose 50% health, your reload is 4.5 sec. I’d pick jack of all trades or high alert over adrenalin rush in many ships.

Also torpedo armament expertise is low on my priority, except for CV’s. For CV the 20% servicing time makes a big difference. For a 70 sec torp reload, that’s 10% = 7 sec less. Again, I think I’d go jack of all trades or high alert. But that’s my personal preference, doesn’t mean that’s best for you. I have never seen you play, you know.

Yeah, fair enough, with stacked flags, camos and daily win bonus, I have seen 20k command XP a few times. Over 10k is not unusual.

But one or two months? Good luck to you!

If you are happy to spend coin, you can re-arrange your captain skills anyway.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,110 battles

Sharkbait and RDF are like a WOWS trademark.  Despite it being one the shittiest skills available and there is not one person who would chose it instead of CE as a DD captain skill.

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles
7 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Sharkbait and RDF are like a WOWS trademark.  Despite it being one the shittiest skills available and there is not one person who would chose it instead of CE as a DD captain skill.

I actually pick RDF for z 52 and khaba you know.

RDF is very powerful in clan war where a search and destroy could break a push or ambush net.

In random it is annoying more than a threat, but in CW it is deadly

1,338 posts
8,823 battles
2 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

RDF is actually pretty good if you are building your ship as a dedicated DD hunter.

But yeah i would still take CE as the first 4 point skill, meaning I will have to wait until a 14 point captain at the very least.