Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sulwind

Help Please - Critical Error Message

15 comments in this topic

[WORLD]
Beta Tester
26 posts
7,616 battles

After a recent Windows 10 update, WoWs launcher is failing to load game, I get the attached critical error message instead, does anyone know what this is and how to fix it.

Thinking it was a game related problem I uninstalled WoWs and reinstalled it, same problem still exist.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. 

Cheers

Sulwind.

Screen shot WoWS.png

[WORLD]
Beta Tester
26 posts
7,616 battles
7 hours ago, MatterCore said:

delete "preference.xml" and start game

if not, open launcher >> settings >> support >> check << wait for repair >> start game

Hi,

Thanks, I have searched for file 'preference.xml' its doesn't exist in any folder, also tried >>> check >>> repair etc...  still no joy

Are there any other things to try to fix this??

481 posts
7,606 battles
49 minutes ago, Sulwind said:

Hi,

Thanks, I have searched for file 'preference.xml' its doesn't exist in any folder, also tried >>> check >>> repair etc...  still no joy

Are there any other things to try to fix this??

preferences.xml should be right in the WOWS root folder wherever you have installed the game

1,106 posts
7,834 battles

I got this error last patch.

Its random though. once I got this error.

I cant back into the game - however after restrating pc WoW can be played again

so, Im not sure what went wrong either

Edited by humusz

[WORLD]
Beta Tester
26 posts
7,616 battles
1 hour ago, HobartAWD said:

preferences.xml should be right in the WOWS root folder wherever you have installed the game

I've search entire comp HD and this file cant be found anywhere, I've reinstall complete game so not sure what problem is, I've never had this before!

so so frustrating!!!

534 posts
49 minutes ago, Sulwind said:

I've search entire comp HD and this file cant be found anywhere, I've reinstall complete game so not sure what problem is, I've never had this before!

so so frustrating!!!

Turn off your pc and restart it after half hour,I've met this before and I lost credits by not moving to the front and join the fight

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
10 hours ago, Sulwind said:

so so frustrating!!!

This is what it looks like, you probably don't have extensions enabled, so just look for preferences in the game directory. NOT THE ENTIRE HD.

game.thumb.JPG.dde3fa86423aa35d4a5148db54810db5.JPG

1. Delete this file.

2. Run launcher.

3. Check for integrity.

4. Run game and play CoOp first to see if solved.

If not solved then sell your PC and buy a new one :Smile_playing:

Edited by icy_phoenix

[WORLD]
Beta Tester
26 posts
7,616 battles
3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

This is what it looks like, you probably don't have extensions enabled, so just look for preferences in the game directory. NOT THE ENTIRE HD.

1. Delete this file.

2. Run launcher.

3. Check for integrity.

4. Run game and play CoOp first to see if solved.

If not solved then sell your PC and buy a new one :Smile_playing:

I have searched for this file with extensions enabled and still cant find it! I have all file/folder as shown in your attachment  except 'preference.xml'

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
11 hours ago, Sulwind said:

I have searched for this file with extensions enabled and still cant find it! I have all file/folder as shown in your attachment  except 'preference.xml'

Then I guess only way to resolve this is to wait for next patch, but we are not having this issue. I tried both windows 8.1 and 10. One has nvidia and another has amd card. No issue at all.

[LBAS]
4,464 posts
25,606 battles
12 hours ago, Sulwind said:

give us the picture of your WOWS' folder

>>it should look like this

15 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

[WORLD]
Beta Tester
26 posts
7,616 battles
12 hours ago, MatterCore said:

give us the picture of your WOWS' folder

>>it should look like this

Here is pix of folder, as you can see I don't have this file to delete, I have completely reinstalled game (x3) yet this file doesn't seem to exist??

I install game on an older laptop not suited to playing WoWs and the file is there!?

I'm running Windows 10 (recently updated), Nvidia 930, i7, 2.6Ghz, 8 Gig RAM etc.

folder WoWS.png

Beta Tester
125 posts
6,162 battles

Looks like patch today might help, I'm having issues for the first time as well, but only on the module upgrade screen in port. Computer has been powering off as soon as I try and upgrade a module. Strange...

Edited by Obi1Kixbooty
Auto correct doesn't like the word module

[LBAS]
4,464 posts
25,606 battles
1 hour ago, Sulwind said:

Here is pix of folder, as you can see I don't have this file to delete, I have completely reinstalled game (x3) yet this file doesn't seem to exist??

I install game on an older laptop not suited to playing WoWs and the file is there!?

I'm running Windows 10 (recently updated), Nvidia 930, i7, 2.6Ghz, 8 Gig RAM etc.

extract and copy "preferences.xml" to your WOWS folder

Run WOWS as windows 7: right click Worldofwarships.exe (not launcher) >> compatibility >> run as windows 7 << as Administrator

preferences.zip

Edited by MatterCore

[WORLD]
Beta Tester
26 posts
7,616 battles
22 hours ago, MatterCore said:

extract and copy "preferences.xml" to your WOWS folder

Run WOWS as windows 7: right click Worldofwarships.exe (not launcher) >> compatibility >> run as windows 7 << as Administrator

preferences.zip

hey Mattercore,

Thxs, have followed your instruction etc....now unfortunately  I get the following [see image]. I have run repair and still have problem.....running out of ideas :(

screenshot.png

Sign in to follow this