You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SIntreaper

CV balancing poll

5 comments in this topic

18 posts
24 battles

I thought my next poll would be later this month on the topics of IJN AS, USN CV changes, and the Saipan, but I guess not.

Seeing how it's the hot topic out right now, I created a poll to judge two proposed changes to TBs by different users.  

The threads in question:

Stopping stacked TBs: 

Introducing RNG to TBs: 

Poll: https://goo.gl/forms/HM04jN8PtG87nsNo1

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles

RNG on drop pattern ? NO. Why ? Because you have a 2 min cool down minimum between strikes , targets that are not dumb will not eat all the torps , fixed pattern award skill.

Stacked drops are bread and butter , if you cant avoid it , go and pray to eurobeat. And you got it wrong , USN drop pattern is not straight except for Saipan , there is gap to dodge or eat only 1.

CV wait 2 min atleast for movement and reload and maybe more while avoiding AA and FT  , lowering damage potential is stupid. CV contrary to popular belief has very low DPM and has to outwit people to rack up damage

Super Tester
7,553 posts
7,993 battles

Even though I DO NOT play CV, and I hate CV so much that I go full AA even on ships with no AA guns, I chose "NO" for both cases. Because I think having fixed drop patterns helps both the CV player and the enemy to predict and prepare for strike / evading strike. At the same time, I do not think drop patterns should be so tight that it devastates DDs in one go, that is purely stupid.

1,346 posts
8,860 battles

Ah, I remember reading that stacked TB thread on the NA forum. That was some facepalm worthy.

Sure why not make it that you can't salvo fire your main guns too. Oh and DDs cannot fire their torp launchers one after the other. It is only fair isn't it? I don't like it when I am in a cruiser and I get dev-striked by some BB, or when a DD pops out from behind an island and launches their entire load of torps into the side of my BB. :Smile_facepalm:

And and the one about RNG - how about no? Contrary to what most people think, CV players do have to put up with RNG too just like other players - especially AA and DBs. Not to mention surface ships can no longer predict drop patterns when it comes to dodging TBs. WoWs as a whole could do with less RNG, not more.