Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

[shytpost] Is superheal OP?

Is RN high tier BB heal OP?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Lion?

• Yes
    • Meh
    • No
  2. 2. Conqueror?

• Yes
    • Meh
    • No
  3. 3. Nelson?

• Yes
    • Meh
    • No

7 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Keep in mind this thread is just about the heal consumable and survivability of high tier RN BB, not about their HE performance or any other aspects

Before the discussion

1. I have never played Conqueror, not in ASIA and not in PT.(working on credits farming) But I did own Lion(pre-nerf) and played a few games on her

2. Due to my recent T10 sickness (every one of my T10 is now a coop queen after a huge lose streak), I have yet to take the full stress of fighting a Conqueror, but I do enjoy grabbing some damage off the Brits in my T8 premium

Theoratical numbers

Conqueror HP:82,900 Heal: 2.0%/sec, 20secs, up to four uses

GK HP 105,800 Heal: 0.5%/sec, 28secs, up to five uses

This will allow Conqueror to have

82900+0.02*20*82900*4*1.2=242,068 HP

And

105800+0.005*28*105800*5*1.2=194,672 HP

These numbers are the theoretical maximum HP these BB can take. (With 1.repair party flag 2.premium consumable 3.superintendent captain skill, but no survivability expert due to this skill being somewhat noob indicator for BB)

From this simple calculation it is clear that Conqueror can theoractially take about 47.3k more damage than GK.

And for a “opps wrong decision bye bye cruel world” situation (HP pool+1 heal)

GK:123,574(.4)

Conqueror: 122,692

The theoretical numbers seem pretty close

However, anyone who have enough experience with RN CL Edinburgh and above can tell you only the first one or two superheal works wonder, the later ones’ performance degrade significantly. This is due to how heal works. You see there are three types of damage

Light: DOT, AP over-penetration and ramming. HP lost to these type of damage can be 100% restored.

Medium: AP/HE normal penetration, torpedo hitting non-TDS area. 50% for normal heal and 60% for high tier RN

Heavy: Citadel and torpedo hitting TDS. 10% for BB heal regardless of nationality. 33% for regular cruisers, and IIRC 50% for high tier RN CL.

Due to high tier RN ships have a huge reserve pool to HP ratio, the reserve HP drain effect is significant. For regular BBs this hardly ever present much of a problem if one uses heal scientifically (i.e. use it once the grey indicator doesn’t look abnormally short) Paired with good positioning, a GK can easily live up to the promise of 194k. This is not the case for Conqueror. She, like the cruiser counterparts, will meet this “reserve drained” problem and can hardly take the full 242k as calculated.

Also GK is far better protected against HE spam and small-mid caliber AP, while just a bit behind Conqueror in terms of taking large caliber AP. This results in Conqueror taking far more damage from the same amount of shell hits.

TL;DR: IMO superheal is not as wonderful as it seem to be

bonus: pre nerf Yamato (dated back to 2015): 0.75%/sec, 28secs, up to five(for one major patch,0.5.2) 97200+0.0075*28*97200*5*1.2=219,672, and that was for a BB with adequate T10(as opposed to T8 of Conqueror) TDS and weather deck

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

imho conq loses HP at such a fast rate that the RN teabag heal is actually needed to keep the ship floating long enough to DOT it's way to victory

Beta Tester
647 posts
3,515 battles

Lion is kek for Superheal but when it comes to T7 - T9 Match like example, i am KGV and hes Lion ( Enemy ) .

If he tries to use Balls on 2.0 Repair , let me give him extra fire HE damage ( if you score x2 Fire damage and he spam his Damage Party too fast ) . That negates his SUPER REPAIR . (Same applies to Nelsonchan and Kekqueror(If Monarch)  ).

326 posts
10,519 battles

Do u know the best way to against RN BB (even they using "Super Heal") is by burn them with FIRE.

RN BB less hp and easy to get burn. Fight Fire With Fire.

They use "heal", we burn them back again.

No heal can win against fire. That's the rule since the beginning......of this game of course.

Edited by ArchKongou

381 posts
9,957 battles

It's more of a problem with armor scheme. If you have to fight and push against multiple HE spamming ships (such as in CW) the heal won't be enough to offset 4-5k salvos landing everywhere on your ships. On the other hand if you can force an enemy (especially BB) to fight 1v1 with you the heal is super OP. The super heal combined with 32mm plating combo is situational enough and does not need further rebalancing. 

Sign in to follow this