You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puteralanun

Remove CV fighters

15 comments in this topic

218 posts
3,788 battles

Is it feasible? Just concentrate on TB and DB loadout only. I think many ships, especially at high tier, already has a very formidable AA suite anyway. Fighter only complicate matters. And seem's most CV players are not very fond of AS loadout anyway.

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,438 battles
5 minutes ago, Puteralanun said:

Is it feasible? Just concentrate on TB and DB loadout only. I think many ships, especially at high tier, already has a very formidable AA suite anyway. Fighter only complicate matters. And seem's most CV players are not very fond of AS loadout anyway.

No , you get it wrong. What I and maybe some CV hardcore want is not the removal of FT at all. What we want is a sufficient , small number of FT. It should be a limited resource and a side focus , not the main focus of the show. It should supplement other plane type , not the other way around.

AS loadout break that modus operandi by heavily focus on shooting down planes , which is not the main concern of the game. It is also boring , antagonizing both cv players in a match and achieve little DIRECT result ? What's the point in getting the sky clean when your potato will lose it anyway ? It is a mean to and end atmost.

Fighter main job :

- Meatshield  (honarary mention)

- Plug gap in AA defence

- Deterrance against strike

- Scout

With high tier super level of AA screen , there exist a small number of gaps or ships that do not get such cover and FT job is to plug that hole

Again , meatshielding and fighting other FT is to neutralize the defence on the spot

Scouting should also be a concern with FT inability to provide direct action against ships ( atleast for now)

As you can see , some jobs can only be done a FT , so CV needs some FT , but not too much to take over the whole  air defence of the fleet.

Air Supremacy is a skill that many , including me want to be removed from the game and replace with an active or more balanced skill. +1 FT/ 1 DB make or break games and is just too influential due to in game mechanics. We need fixed squadron numbers for the current mechanic . ( 6 US FT vs 8 IJN FT is better than 7 US FT vs 10 IJN FT , you get the picture , numbers mean alot )

Super Tester
2,725 posts

So how you gonna defend yourself from carrier sniping then?

Oh sure, ask a teammate to cover you. If no teammate to cover, what you gonna do? Go back to forums & ask to bring back fighters because "I can't defend myself & my teammates don't often give me cover"?

As much I hate to check the player for their battle record, but your battle record explained the very reason for this humorous proposition. Saying that fighter plane complicates matters, then you only barely understand the gameplay of the carrier with that battle record you are carrying. 

Edited by Mingfang47

671 posts
1,508 battles
9 minutes ago, LunaStinger said:

Well if you remove "fighters" from the title I'd agree with you :Smile_teethhappy: Surface ships players hate CV as much as CV players hate going against AS loadout.

I play the Cleveland and I can say I love carriers. Planes are a delicacy for American cruisers

30 posts
1,080 battles

wargaming wants game balance so any ship can go 1 vs 1 (including CVs)

you sound like you want more strike groups but it won't happen, because if there are 100 planes in the air on both sides that meant 200 aircrafts.

wargaming might burn down it's server and you will break you computer or use too much internet

I think wargaming does want game balance , because it the real world simply a cv without essort could tear up a fleet of battleships , cruisers, or destroyers.

look up in

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Ocean_raid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Ten-Go

In these battles no warships have AA strong enough to tear apart hundreds of aircrafts .So wargaming has maximized the effectiveness of AA Defense

it is true also that BB vs DD they say dd will win?

I can only say it isn't weird  but annoying

Edited by world_of_war_battle

245 posts
5,809 battles
On 03/12/2017 at 8:16 PM, Puteralanun said:

I think many ships, especially at high tier, already has a very formidable AA suite anyway.

There are still many ships which do not have good AA. IJN DDs for example (expecting “IJN DD ar garbage, don’t play” comment). Fighters are the only reason why CVs do not keep their planes hovering over the caps all match to spot DDs, this already in a meta where DDs are more reluctant to cap. And even decent BB AA cannot defend against everything, especially after a few volleys from a Conquerer knocking out AA.

And if you’re expecting ally support, AA ships sailing with you in randoms? Remember which server you are playing on.

112 posts
2,960 battles

Impressive Necro.

Fighters are fabulous scouts and I appreciate having a good cv player on my side.

I'm a poor multi-tasker.