Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KingDestroyer21

List of improvement that i think of V2

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
47 posts
552 battles

Continuation of the previous listed improvement.

6. Controlling scout planes

From my perspective, scout planes are actually not at all useful to use. When a scout planes launch, normally the role of a scout planes is to scout enemy location. The role is there, dont get me wrong, but having the planes scout around the ship with limited distance from the ship feels very weak in its role. From what i seen, the scout planes from a battleship seems to be a 5-10 km distance from the ship while for cruiser at least for me, the aoba, seems to be 3-5km of distance. A battleship can see twice as far as that of a scout plane and can easily spot ship at its range minus destroyers. So, maybe the scout planes is use to scout destroyer and incoming torpedo. Yes, probably, i would say it help the spotting of the big treat like the destroyer although it would help if the scout plane would scout at one area instead of scouting the entire circle where theres nothing on the other side.  What i mean is that, if the enemy is coming on the right side where the spawn is, then u would want to scout on the right side. It is useless to scout on the left side where is nothing there or even outside of the map where no ship can go in. My suggestion is to have the scout planes to be control like how aircraft carrier control their planes. Press t to launch and set it on a position to go like the aircraft carriers planes, and press t again to plot a new location. The difference is it will still have the cooldown so once the cooldown is done, it will return back to the ship. Now the balancing factor that i come up with is that the refitting cooldown will not start until the scout planes return to the ship. Meaning that, the farther the planes is, the longer it will take for it to arrive to the ship and start its refitting cooldown.

7. Remove the upgrades for credit also instead of only piasters/golds

Avoiding pay to win scenario or at least cutting one part out. It is better to have the option to removing the upgrades that doesnt require to use real money on it since there are limited slot in your garage or shipyards so in order to get new ships, u have to get rid of the old ones or ship you dont want. But you may think the ship is useless to have afterwards, the upgrade isnt, if it were, then there no reason to buying it. So my suggestion is to have the ability to remove the upgrades of the ships by paying half of the full price, not paying full price for removing, if so then it is no different then buying a new one. This is to help people to use more on upgrades than to have only pay to win people buying because they can remove it all they like.

8. Having a distance indicator for the horizontal line

If you press alt when u r in sniper mode, u can see the distance and the time of the gun it is pointing at which is very helpful information but what it doesnt show is the distance of the guns from the target ships in a horizontal standpoint. Basically when u r facing a moving ship and both of the ships are on each other flanks, then u have to have your guns slightly or very far away from the ship depending on the speed and class of the ships. For naval player expert, it is child play to almost not missed any of your shots. But some player arent expert and do not know how much they need to lead their shot and could face a battle with not a single shot hit. Having this can help increase the chance of actually getting a hit with the additional of the vertical distance and the time the shot will reach there. Although, this will not help all the player because u have to be a math or a physic expert to find this easy to master but it still a good information to know when battling.

9. Show reload timer on secondary armament

Do not think it is necessary to show the timer for aa guns because they fire every second but for secondary armament, it is nice to show reload timer for those because they take a while to reload also. Doesnt influence that much how you play because you cant technically control them but it nice to have as a good feedback towards the player.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I think the scout planes just boost your detection at a flat rate around your ship, or at least that's what I've noticed. Seems a bit hard to control scout planes like carrier squadrons, though.

Edited by Syanda

Beta Tester
47 posts
552 battles

I think the scout planes just boost your detection at a flat rate around your ship, or at least that's what I've noticed. Seems a bit hard to control scout planes like carrier squadrons, though.

I dont think it will be hard to control them like aircraft carriers planes because one thing is that they dont attack, their sole purpose is scouting so u basically just need to put a waypoint and thats it or even better put a pathway of different waypoint to predetermined its route which could save time and less hassle to use. From my idea, the way i think is, first, you press t to launch the scout planes, it will scout around your ship because u havent put a route. Then second, press t again, it will give you the entire map that is similar to the autopilot map when u press m, once there just click wherever place you want it to scout or make a patrol route, quite simple from the looks of it but then again it is words. It is a good way to do it out of battle of the second phase because at the start of the battle, ships especially battleship will have nothing to do until they meet some action, so before that happen they can sent some scout plane and plan its route to spot before battling out.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Honestly, the maps aren't really big enough that we'd need that sort of thing. It's already easy enough to scout, detect and track enemy ships. The biggest issue is that a lot of players commit to one side, and leave a flank wide open. Considering most people can just look at the minimap and see enemy ships coming down an unguarded flank, the problem doesn't lie in detection but more in players just not wanting to turn around to guard the flank.

Beta Tester
47 posts
552 battles

Honestly, the maps aren't really big enough that we'd need that sort of thing. It's already easy enough to scout, detect and track enemy ships. The biggest issue is that a lot of players commit to one side, and leave a flank wide open. Considering most people can just look at the minimap and see enemy ships coming down an unguarded flank, the problem doesn't lie in detection but more in players just not wanting to turn around to guard the flank.

If that is the issue, then they really nothing they can do. They cant change what is the community fault. It like people complaining about "oh i just kill by torpedoes from a destroyer that is 10 km away, get rid of the torpedo aim assist, it is breaking the game". No, you just suck at driving the ships. Its your own fault for staying at your path for so long without changing, not the game fault, lower the speed or turn the ship, at least do something, if not then it is basically your own fault. My suggestion help player to get more info than they now have but doesnt mean it 100% give them a brain. Its up to the player how they want to do, the game does not take all your rights, if all the players go to one side, its their fault, if a battleship run straight to a pack of ships bow first and die badly, then it is his fault. Suggestion are made to come up with idea and see if it can improve something that they think would prove a good help to the community, but it doesnt mean it would fully change all the community playstyle. You can have as many suggestion as you want but it is very difficult change what the player will do and how will do. It is up to them to think straight and be a good player or an expert, not the game, the game give you a push but u have to walk by yourself in order to move forward.

As for the scout argument, yes it might be easy to scout,detect, track and what not on enemy ships but you forgot about carriers. Carriers dont normally get spotted until the team carrier planes or ships are close enough to spot it, but normally its around mid game, they are spotted. Very rarely, they can get spotted in early game unless they are bad and move it in the frontline or the team carriers planes scout on their own and killing a carriers early on is a huge advantage to have and keep the ships safe for the moment. But, the way i see it, the carrier planes are mostly the scouts even though they werent design for it, a fighter is a fighter, a torpedo bomber is a torpedo bomber, they shouldnt be the one scouting for the carriers, their role is to attack, it should be the scout job to scout. This suggestion not only help people to do better but also fulfilled their own role more better than to have something more useful that it make it almost useless to even have.

Edited by KingDestroyer21

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

7. Remove the upgrades for credit also instead of only piasters/golds

Avoiding pay to win scenario or at least cutting one part out. It is better to have the option to removing the upgrades that doesnt require to use real money on it since there are limited slot in your garage or shipyards so in order to get new ships, u have to get rid of the old ones or ship you dont want. But you may think the ship is useless to have afterwards, the upgrade isnt, if it were, then there no reason to buying it. So my suggestion is to have the ability to remove the upgrades of the ships by paying half of the full price, not paying full price for removing, if so then it is no different then buying a new one. This is to help people to use more on upgrades than to have only pay to win people buying because they can remove it all they like.

They're only maintaining uniformity with their previous games. In World of Tanks, you can only dismantle equipment using gold.

It's not like they're forcing you to use gold, so it isn't pay to win. In WoT, you can destroy the equipment for free if you want to free the slot, and in WoWS you can sell ships with upgrades attached by using the drop-down box when prompted.

Dismounting using gold isn't pay to win, it's pay to grind less. You choose either to lose less silver credits by paying some gold, or you choose to remove the item for free, however losing it in the process.

Sign in to follow this