You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nishthedestroyer

Montana vs GK vs Yamato

48 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles

If you mean Random , Conqueror beat them all.

Yamato serves little use on this server. Its overmatch niche is not useful now that there is a ton of hard counter ready to spit on it.

Goku simply hide in a corner at the terror of AP bombs and deep water torp that she has little in the way of dodging , esp when hydro is on cool down.

The only one left is Montana , hands down best BB for this server meta. Best broadside weight , accurate enough , strong penetration and good enough fire arc. Extremely good AA suite and AP bomb proof.Citadel below the waterline. Its only glaring weakness is the weak torpedo belt that keep it from being OP.

But then it get a good HP pool to take hits.

Montana is the best in my opinion at shredding cruiser and dd , simply because of her 4x3 gun layout and SHS AP that shit on mild angling cruisers. While it doesnt enjoy the overmatch perk of Yamato , it has more shells to put to the table and arguably better maneuverability

185 posts
584 battles

So is Montana the best even though I play random?? 

11 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

If you mean Random , Conqueror beat them all.

Yamato serves little use on this server. Its overmatch niche is not useful now that there is a ton of hard counter ready to spit on it.

Goku simply hide in a corner at the terror of AP bombs and deep water torp that she has little in the way of dodging , esp when hydro is on cool down.

The only one left is Montana , hands down best BB for this server meta. Best broadside weight , accurate enough , strong penetration and good enough fire arc. Extremely good AA suite and AP bomb proof.Citadel below the waterline. Its only glaring weakness is the weak torpedo belt that keep it from being OP.

But then it get a good HP pool to take hits.

Montana is the best in my opinion at shredding cruiser and dd , simply because of her 4x3 gun layout and SHS AP that shit on mild angling cruisers. While it doesnt enjoy the overmatch perk of Yamato , it has more shells to put to the table and arguably better maneuverability

Also what Is the max secondary range of the Montana?? 

Edited by Nishthedestroyer

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles
On 2/12/2017 at 10:59 AM, Nishthedestroyer said:

So is Montana the best even though I play random?? 

5 km stock , but Montana secondary is quite meh , the high firing arc , low nbr of secondaries , low accuracy when target is at max range generally hurt her DPM secondary output. The fire chance is good , but dont bet your chance on it. Secondary spec Montana has to get suicidal close to work

Conqueror is the best choice for random right now , her HE is just insane

683 posts
7,358 battles

Well, it depends on how will you want to support your team..

Alright I think I will try to put it in this way. Just my personal opinion and everyone is free to correct me.

Main guns

Montana> yamato > GK

I found that Montana guns are the most reliable ones. Good dispersion, good penetration, and 12 of them. Downside I guess would be sometimes the shells will bounce off on certain ships

Despite the best sigma and good dispersion with correct mod, and... largest calibre in game in which can over match most of the ships bow, but it's only 9 guns, and most of the time, you use only 6 of them.

GK... Well, German dispersion kinda unreliable. Especially at range > 15km. Good thing is her turrets turn fast enough for you to consider reload mod while still maintain a descent turret traverse speed.

Anti air (cos CV wave is coming)

Montana> GK > yamato

But this depends on your captain build.

Tank and push:

GK > montana > Yamato

German secondaries and GK health pool plus hydro making her a good pusher, of course such action always need backup, no matter which ships.

I choose montana over yamato in pushing as now montana less likely to be citadeled, fairly ok turret traverse speed (no reload mod + seagul captain).. yamato... she acts more like a fortress mod range from the hot spot.

Survivability

This much depends on your build and which stat you sacrificed. For instance Flamu, one of the community contributor, loves "tank" build for GK (full concealment, fire prevention, faster DCP reload etc) while giving up on secondaries. Some players go for full secondary build, thus not as tanky. The same goes to Montana, Yamato.

My personal experience

GK: situation looks good, can.be a very good pusher. Difficult to fend off planes. Okish against BB, cruisers. DD? Well, around 7km is sort of a "no no" zone for them, but very difficult to hit them with main guns

Montana: super big heavy cruiser. Support from.medium range, easier to fend off planes.

Yamato: err... no much of experience yet, but realised her guns punched very hard if they do hit. Need more patience with her.

Hope this help a bit. 

Edited by Darkworld_2015

683 posts
7,358 battles
1 minute ago, legionary2099 said:

5 km stock , but Montana secondary is quite meh , the high firing arc , low nbr of secondaries , low accuracy when target is at max range generally hurt her DPM secondary output. The fire chance is good , but dont bet your chance on it. Secondary spec Montana has to get suicidal close to work

Conqueror is the best choice for random right now , her HE is just insane

And yes, sorry about forgetting Conqueror. I think she is the easiest to play BB in tier 10 now. Super good HE means you fire nothing but HE. Super good.concealment allowing you to engage and disengage at your heart's delight (hoping no DD shadowing you). Super heal as long as you time yourself properly, Conqueror is very difficult to be sunk.

Video Contributor
2,265 posts
10,789 battles
12 minutes ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

Well, it depends on how will you want to support your team..

Alright I think I will try to put it in this way. Just my personal opinion and everyone is free to correct me.

Main guns

Montana> yamato > GK

I found that Montana guns are the most reliable ones. Good dispersion, good penetration, and 12 of them. Downside I guess would be sometimes the shells will bounce off on certain ships

Despite the best sigma and good dispersion with correct mod, and... largest calibre in game in which can over match most of the ships bow, but it's only 9 guns, and most of the time, you use only 6 of them.

GK... Well, German dispersion kinda unreliable. Especially at range > 15km. Good thing is her turrets turn fast enough for you to consider reload mod while still maintain a descent turret traverse speed.

Anti air (cos CV wave is coming)

Montana> GK > yamato

But this depends on your captain build.

Tank and push:

GK > montana > Yamato

German secondaries and GK health pool plus hydro making her a good pusher, of course such action always need backup, no matter which ships.

I choose montana over yamato in pushing as now montana less likely to be citadeled, fairly ok turret traverse speed (no reload mod + seagul captain).. yamato... she acts more like a fortress mod range from the hot spot.

Survivability

This much depends on your build and which stat you sacrificed. For instance Flamu, one of the community contributor, loves "tank" build for GK (full concealment, fire prevention, faster DCP reload etc) while giving up on secondaries. Some players go for full secondary build, thus not as tanky. The same goes to Montana, Yamato.

My personal experience

GK: situation looks good, can.be a very good pusher. Difficult to fend off planes. Okish against BB, cruisers. DD? Well, around 7km is sort of a "no no" zone for them, but very difficult to hit them with main guns

Montana: super big heavy cruiser. Support from.medium range, easier to fend off planes.

Yamato: err... no much of experience yet, but realised her guns punched very hard if they do hit. Need more patience with her.

Hope this help a bit. 

I disagree about main guns

Yamato with sigma 2.1 and 460mm can punch everyships while head-on and fore end lower than 32mm in horizontal can penetration 

While 457mm of Conqueror cannot penetration while head on because

460/14.3=32.1

457/14.3=31.9

420,419/14.3=29.3

406/14.3=28.3

It's from WG wiki machine about penetration 

Montana should be 2nd place 

Montana sigma is worse than Yamato by 0.2 

683 posts
7,358 battles
5 minutes ago, Onlinegamer said:

I disagree about main guns

Yamato with sigma 2.1 and 460mm can punch everyships while head-on and fore end lower than 32mm in horizontal can penetration 

While 457mm of Conqueror cannot penetration while head on because

460/14.3=32.1

457/14.3=31.9

420,419/14.3=29.3

406/14.3=28.3

It's from WG wiki machine about penetration 

Montana should be 2nd place 

Montana sigma is worse than Yamato by 0.2 

Yup, I do agree with you. I put Montana in front of Yamato in terms of main guns depend on my personal experience. Maybe because I didn't play enough Yamato :)

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles
11 minutes ago, Nishthedestroyer said:

So u guys say that for random the conqerour is the best?? 

Yep best, noob friendly, insane heal, insane HE. You can forget about AP and laugh at angled ship

185 posts
584 battles

Here's my situation 

I don't mind minotaur because I am almost t6 

USS bbs t4

British bbs haven't even started 

Ijn cruisers t5 almost t6

Kriegsmarine t5

And I love dd playstyle but I also love BB playstyle 

So can you'll please tell me in the current meta what I should play 

Thanks! 

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles
Just now, Nishthedestroyer said:

Here's my situation 

I don't mind minotaur because I am almost t6 

USS bbs t4

British bbs haven't even started 

Ijn cruisers t5 almost t6

Kriegsmarine t5

And I love dd playstyle but I also love BB playstyle 

So can you'll please tell me in the current meta what I should play 

Thanks! 

Current meta favors anything that can survive being burned to death.

That said , BB isnt in the best place right now , esp on ASIA server that house some of the best cruiser player base. Plus a sizable CV population and overcrowding of POI weaboos , your future isnt bright.

Be warned though , UK BB is pretty meh and not very fun at low tier. Things only get bright after tier 8 , with Lion and Conqueror.

US line on the otherhand is fun throughout the ride to 10 with maybe Iowa as an exception since Misery outclass her by a huge margin

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles
Just now, Nishthedestroyer said:

So should I go Zao or Minotaur 

Since u said cruisers are favoured these days and also I love both line 

And sorry for jumping topics

Yeah Zao is pretty damn fun , so is Mino. But Mino has a high skill floor so be warned.

Both lines eat citadels for days. Tread carefully

185 posts
584 battles

Yeah thank u guys soooooooooo soooooo much I cannot say how much it means to me specially u legionary I am gonna continue the brits line 

Once again thank u and good luck on the battlefield

1,107 posts
7,844 battles
2 hours ago, Nishthedestroyer said:

you can get 9.1 km

Even though her secondary is not impresive. you not losing much to get it since montana unlike other BB can slot secondary range module with reduced dispersion module/faster reload

you can made ok-ish secondary suite with her, without sacrificing gun accuracy, and still have powerfull AA suite.

she might only have mediocre trait on all front. but she is very versatile

Edited by humusz

Super Tester
7,557 posts
7,993 battles

Montana is a Cruiser killer, that has a lot more impact than Conqueror who spams HE at BB to farm useless damage.

So yah, only even for this, Montana is still the best. Conqueror may be noob friendly, doesn't mean it is best or effective.

Agree with darkworld here. She is the best. SEA is kiting meta. GK has no use. And Yamato is overrated. Only think you cannot do in a Montana is bow tank a Yamato, but why would you do that anyway.

162 posts
3,319 battles
2 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Montana is a Cruiser killer, that has a lot more impact than Conqueror who spams HE at BB to farm useless damage.

So yah, only even for this, Montana is still the best. Conqueror may be noob friendly, doesn't mean it is best or effective.

Agree with darkworld here. She is the best. SEA is kiting meta. GK has no use. And Yamato is overrated. Only think you cannot do in a Montana is bow tank a Yamato, but why would you do that anyway.

Lets be honest. If a yamato has their sights set on you you're screwed unless you can find a way to block their sight or shells fast.

That being said having the best ship doesn't mean you're guaranteed to do well. It still takes practice and skill to make the best out of the potential in a ship. Learn from the tiers before (T8 North Carolina and T9 Iowa) and you'll do just fine when you get there