Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HobartAWD

Pan Asian DD broken Co-op torpedo AI

18 comments in this topic

487 posts
7,619 battles

Anyone else playing Co-Op and noticing the sloppy programming of the enemy Pan Asian bot AI DD?

I run into cap as a DD and contest and meet Pan Asian DD. I kite away and use guns but enemy DD bot tries to torp me with deep water torps. Huh? Not a one off, as it happens every game I play when coming into enemy DD torp range.

WG seriously are you kidding me you didn't change the code for Pan Asian DD with deep water torps fighting other DD? :Smile_facepalm:

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles
5 minutes ago, THAI_THIEF said:

A.I most clever than some humans  they thought they were ordinary DD use everything for killing you :cap_book:

Exactly.....

487 posts
7,619 battles

At least I can make it safer for my cruisers to support capping (yeah I wish) as the enemy Pan Asian DD use all their torps on me :Smile-_tongue:

556 posts
8,197 battles
4 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

Anyone else playing Co-Op and noticing the sloppy programming of the enemy Pan Asian bot AI DD?

The programming for AI in Co-Op is atrocious for any ship with torpedoes. The moment they're loaded they fire them. I was in a game last night and a cruiser behind me fired its full load into an island behind it, and the target was 10km ahead of us. The whole AI coding needs a re-work, especially since I find them more of a threat than the enemy AIs.

487 posts
7,619 battles

Another weird thing I have noticed in co-op. When sailing towards an isolated enemy ship being undetected myself and getting into spotting range often the moment the target ship renders on my screen I see the ship unload all main guns into the water about 10 feet in front of the bow and if a cruiser also derp all torps into the nearest island. None of these ships had any targets detected. :cap_wander:

I completely agree that the co-op AI is a complete joke. Funny situations arise when there is a noob DD player who gets like 5 enemy ships all go lemming train after him to the far side of the map and he is screaming in chat for help not understanding why they are all picking on him. Meanwhile we claim all caps and win on points because bots have gone on an expedition to the far map corner.

I just find it a bit amazing that a new tech tree line of ships is released with these deep water torps but WG cant figure out they need to adjust the AI to use them properly.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles
20 hours ago, Torchwood5 said:

The programming for AI in Co-Op is atrocious for any ship with torpedoes. The moment they're loaded they fire them. I was in a game last night and a cruiser behind me fired its full load into an island behind it, and the target was 10km ahead of us. The whole AI coding needs a re-work, especially since I find them more of a threat than the enemy AIs.

The AI seemed to have gotten dumber lately with its use of torps,like what you described.

Had one the last week launch torps in my general direction after the enemy bot we were near was dead.And it not in a direction that would have been anywhere near it anyway.

Alpha Tester
28 posts
3,085 battles

Apart from breaking the AI on Co-OP they are going to drive alot of newer players either away totally or into PAN ASIAN DD's. There is next to no warning of their arrival, so you cannot out maneuver them, alone with the stealth of DD's its just plain stupid to add them to the game at tiers 2-6, and doesn't matter if you are changing speed, course etc, at 5.7km detect vers 12 for a BB they will always get their shots off without being observed.

H

[AE]
199 posts
9,466 battles

Shush. I am quite happy for the enemy AI DDs to try and torp me in a DD. I am also happy for teammate AI DD to try to torp enemy AI DD. MORE FOR ME.

Sign in to follow this