You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Commander_GALEN

New USN CV Load out, is it balanced? or not.

8 comments in this topic

68 posts
3,089 battles

Good day Everyone! 
I have this issue that there is something wrong with the new USN Carrier Load-out.
I just played USN CV Lexington against IJN CV Shokaku
Load out:
1-1-2 against 2-2-1???

Do you think Lexington have a chance? my answer is YES,  IF the Shokaku player is inexperience. but what if PRO vs PRO? :cap_fainting:

I wonder how can I bait those 2 fighter against my only one fighter. 
I don't know if the other line is okay on this new Load-out. 
Some says that Ranger (Tier VII) have a problem too, i just don't know.

Happy Gaming! 

[LNA]
1,662 posts
10,466 battles
9 minutes ago, Commander_GALEN said:

Good day Everyone! 
I have this issue that there is something wrong with the new USN Carrier Load-out.
I just played USN CV Lexington against IJN CV Shokaku
Load out:
1-1-2 against 2-2-1???

Do you think Lexington have a chance? my answer is YES,  IF the Shokaku player is inexperience. but what if PRO vs PRO? :cap_fainting:

I wonder how can I bait those 2 fighter against my only one fighter. 
I don't know if the other line is okay on this new Load-out. 
Some says that Ranger (Tier VII) have a problem too, i just don't know.

Happy Gaming! 

Tier 7 is balanced unless the enemy is a Saipan in which you are screwed hard.

Tier 8 is meh, it could work, then if the enemy decide to go 312 you are dead. But against 222 normally it is an even match.

At tier 9 Taiho is screwed as you will most likely win the air even against 322, problem is how to do damage given how powerful AA at this tier is.

Coming to tier X you have a Midway which is very evenly matched unless you face 422 Hakuryu in which case you better off ALT F4 and save your sanity.

The problem right now is that IJN still retain their AS loadout which shit on US single loadout while still capable of doing respectable damage.

AA is still powerful to be exploited by fishing division and AP bombs is overhyped. AP bomb simply dont do significant damage to anything non German science or is dumb enough to let you line up a strike. It still cant beat the terror of torpedoes air launched.

You never had to worry about your counterpart, but who he bring to the fight with. Facing AA division is simply not healthy for your mental health and i mean it , esp 8.6km AA memetaur and nep nep.

Another problem is right now BB is too scared to go anywhere within a reasonable strike distance. Deep water torps and AP bombs had scared them into stationary battery camping at base. They are simply too far away to be worthwhile target assuming you can evade AA and get there

68 posts
3,089 battles

Never played in Tier IX and X cause I stop playing in Tier VIII, it is unplayable and unenjoyable.
Good thing Tier VII is still balanced. my last played on tier VII is like 1 year ago and I find it enjoyable. But now on Tier VIII. Ugh! 
I Still prefer the Lexington 2-0-2 Load out, but the problem is, It just give you a small experience no matter how good you played on it.
In IJN CV, if you do a high damage, it will give you a large number of experience
But in USN CV, where the main focus of this line is Air Supremacy, no matter how many a plane you killed, it still give you a small amount of experience.
Thats why USN CV player need 1 load out of torpedo plane so that they can do damage.
If only WG can do something about this. :fish_aqua:
IJN CV = Ship Killer
USN CV = Plane Killer 
make the experience gain FAIR. 

Edited by Commander_GALEN

207 posts
8,197 battles

T6
Indi vs ryujo (122)= heck ez to set clear sky lol
Indi vs ryujo (311)= easy,  just focus deleting her fighter first, because ryujo only have 1 TB just leave that to you allies

T7
Ranger vs HIryu = Balanced dont have problem
Ranger vs Saipan (220)= Hard but still viable 
Ranger vs Saipan (301)= Very Hard need help form AA ships 
Ranger vs Kaga = So-so, just be aware "Coward" tactic like sniping in early game, you need put your fighter plane not so far from you...
so ranger need buff ? yes she need a bit in her fighter

68 posts
3,089 battles
53 minutes ago, Gesterbein said:

T6
Indi vs ryujo (122)= heck ez to set clear sky lol
Indi vs ryujo (311)= easy,  just focus deleting her fighter first, because ryujo only have 1 TB just leave that to you allies

T7
Ranger vs HIryu = Balanced dont have problem
Ranger vs Saipan (220)= Hard but still viable 
Ranger vs Saipan (301)= Very Hard need help form AA ships 
Ranger vs Kaga = So-so, just be aware "Coward" tactic like sniping in early game, you need put your fighter plane not so far from you...
so ranger need buff ? yes she need a bit in her fighter

Ranger vs Saipan (301) Very Hard! Yeah I agree with you, Well, Thats why she called Premium Ship. And I'm Okay with it. 

Edited by Commander_GALEN

1,342 posts
8,858 battles

The new USN CV loadouts are pretty balanced against the IJN strike CVs if you ask me.

One fighter squadron is not a real issue for me personally, as I have been using the stock/balanced loadout all the way up from Bogue.

The only problem is that the IJN still retain their AS loadout that will completely beat you in the sky while still retaining pretty decent strike power.

Perhaps they will be removed in future too?

Funnily enough I feel the new loadouts make the Ranger and Lexington even weaker against their Premium counterparts.

Without AS, the Saipan and Kaga can quite easily handle the Ranger.

Likewise for Big E and Lady Lex. I don't know about the Graf lol.

Edited by Thyaliad

[LNA]
1,662 posts
10,466 battles
On 2/12/2017 at 2:23 AM, Thyaliad said:

The new USN CV loadouts are pretty balanced against the IJN strike CVs if you ask me.

One fighter squadron is not a real issue for me personally, as I have been using the stock/balanced loadout all the way up from Bogue.

The only problem is that the IJN still retain their AS loadout that will completely beat you in the sky while still retaining pretty decent strike power.

Funnily enough I feel the new loadouts make the Ranger and Lexington even weaker against their Premium counterparts.

On current ST , Graf 9 plane FT squad will handily shit on Lex 7 last time i see the line up. There is no contest , a lock on fight the Lex will lose quickly every single time. Strafing from behind is about the only chance for Lex to deal with Graf

207 posts
8,197 battles
16 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

last time i match with GZ, i strafe him he only lost 3~4 planes....
your chance is only strafe dont dog fight him, Lex vs GZ is like Ryujo 122 vs Indi 111 lol