Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kanna_The_Goldammo_Eater

The Final Rant about Pan-Asia flag drama (Super Salty topic alert)

11 comments in this topic

26 posts
628 battles

Okay, even I decided to quit this game, I still had something that I think that I MUST do before I quit.

Yet, This is another topic about Pan-Asia flag drama.

I write this topic to speak for those non-Chinese who feel offensive by this flag change.

I've heard about the Pan-Asia flag drama in World of Warships on Steam. as there's full of PR Chinese people said that they're unhappy to see that the game mentioning "Republic of China" (and some of them triggered because they saw the ROC flag)

So, to keep those PR Chinese players on Steam WoWs, WG decided to removing EVERY naval jacks of EVERY ship in Pan-Asia line in EVERY client of WoWs. then replacing it with generic Dragon flag.

Yes, This change makes those PR Chinese happy. but not those people from other nations that got their flag replaced (Thais,Indonesians,Koreans) who seen a random generic Dragon flag flying on their ship instead of their naval jack.

Did someone ever mentioned that the Steam server where the drama has begun is the ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SERVER

from the rest of the world? WHY DID WG APPLY THESE CHANGE TO OTHER SEVERS FROM THE REST OF THE WORLD WHERE PR CHINESE NORMALLY DIDN'T PLAYED IT!?

Also that the Wiki page of Pan-Asian ships also removes the history section of ALL OF THE NATIONS THAT MADE UP THE PAN-ASIA LINE.

Using this Dragon flag for mention the whole Pan-Asia is fine, But using this flag to hanging on non-Chinese nation ships is absolutely disrespectful for those people who see the Chinese Dragon flag hanging on their ship.

And, if someone says "You can still restoring those flags via mods" then listen. Although the flags.dds (the texture file of flag texture) still contains texture of original Naval Jack. You needs the specific scripts that changes the flag of Pan-Asian ships into original flags. Now we hope that someone made a script to restoring the flags. This shouldn't happen on the server where PR Chinese didn't handed on it.

Some of you might says "Even German Reich and IJN flags is censored, and those PR Chinese are unhappy to see those flag, why you're so mad about it?". You need to know that those nations aside of ROC/Taiwan that also get their flags removed didn't do horrible things to PR China. So there's no point to censoring them in the first place.

Enough of ranting, Hope WG fix this mess so all of us will be cool with it.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Hear hear. 

There was another related thread about this & members (purposely or not??) derailed with politics then got it locked.

Honestly, the China server should have those issues covered & resolved. Why should other servers bother catering?

[KGHSF]
3,224 posts
6,072 battles

Honestly those DD which use Flying Dragon flag will be considered belong to "People Republic of China™" 

ฺBefore I or thread owner get red crayon I wanna show my standpoint

A week ago WG still promised will give some flag to own nation due the PADD flag poll 

especially  Royal Thai Navy for HTMS Phra Ruang but WG turning back didn't to give in players demand 

Yes at this rate I will considered that HTMS Phra Ruang not belong to The Kingdom of Thailand but PRC under Flying Dragon flag

and other SEA DD will shared the same thing 

80 posts
455 battles

That has got to be one of the fanciest complaining i've ever seen. as indo here, yeah i think it'll be a nice touch if Gajah Mada can get the indo naval jack up. the only politics that should be in a game is the politics in the game itself, but i doubt the dragon is politics-related since WOT has a china tree with china flag (country flags are only censored in chinese KZ servers due to their ever befuddling laws). IMHO the dragon flag is WG's attempt to put the Pan Asian ships under a banner, but i do agree that even thought a dragon banner seems awesome, the red-gold color scheme is an obvious lead...

26 posts
628 battles

Okay, so this is my proposed fix.

Returning the Thai, Indonesian, and Korean flag.

Then using the Dragon flag for Chinese ships (Both PRC and ROC) so those PRC will happy to see ROC ship under the same flag as them.

[COAT]
1,186 posts
10,200 battles
On 2017-12-1 at 10:44 PM, gurragurrajosh said:

What make me realy sad is not just the flag. But the ship commander. Its full of chinesee! None of them even have other than Li ching chong or wu.

WG need work more crative with this!

https://sea-group.org/?p=3613&lang=en

333.PNG.73dd50ebe0ce91f3b1a4e9c58c649ea1.PNG

There are Thailand/Indonesian/Korean Commanders.Probably WG just forgot to put them in?

16 hours ago, THAI_THIEF said:

Take that This is not Thai's ship

It is because of the MOD(Tech Tree MOD) the player used(I also used that before,it changes flags too).

80 posts
455 battles

"forget". and if you give me a pint of ale i'd spit it right back at yer face

at best they're unused material for now. does indo captains even use white uniforms?

[KGHSF]
3,224 posts
6,072 battles
On 3/12/2560 at 11:51 AM, Kim_JongMion said:

333.PNG.73dd50ebe0ce91f3b1a4e9c58c649ea1.PNG

There are Thailand/Indonesian/Korean Commanders.Probably WG just forgot to put them in?

BWOAH INCORRECT LIST

They are Indonesian/Thai/Taiwanese and S.Korean captain

Here the rank insignia correspond on 4 captain on that pic

Spoiler

indo.thumb.PNG.a84addbad209d1656ef361e7d3f4f892.PNG

thai.thumb.PNG.5e77a9169e82f83b9c4087907eb04d97.PNG

taiwan.thumb.PNG.7a98bd3e5b13e97c1e59f9b59229f4a8.PNG

korean.thumb.PNG.cc399e2cb476f95103b603f537729500.PNG

Edited by THAI_THIEF

Sign in to follow this