Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
amade

Update 0.6.14 Feedback

35 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Pan Asia DDs are finally here!

What do you think of the new destroyers so far? Are they fun to play? Are the deep water torpedoes scary to go up against? Or perhaps you see the new DDs as XP piñata.

Along with update 0.6.14 is another new Scenario; this time, the Empire Strikes Back! Or not... since it is being forced to evacuate an airfield. The new scenario puts you on the Japanese side against the US.

The US carriers were also reworked in this update, with some minor survivability improvements and an overhaul to its Flight Control loadout.

As always, feel free to share with us your opinions and feedback on the new update.

 

NOTE: Please post all bug reports in the Bug Reports section, and follow the recommended format for bug reporting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Member
4,466 posts
25,606 battles

N1

Dear WG,

You need to show us how to mod Pan ASIA's flag for each ships << give us detail and tools too << We dislike Dragon flag on historical warships

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[AUSNZ]
Member
12 posts
9,845 battles

WG made if clear that

"In introducing the changes in the new Update, we'll be guided by the underlying principle that players do not lose anything. "

 

But now I have a Lexington captain for 013 build need respec. With the current skills he has, he is not ideal for 112 loadout in anyway.

 

I do think we should be given a chance to redistribute the capt skill points for free or at least with a significant discount. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
26 posts
6 hours ago, amade said:

Pan Asia DDs are finally here!

What do you think of the new destroyers so far? Are they fun to play? Are the deep water torpedoes scary to go up against? Or perhaps you see the new DDs as XP piñata.

Along with update 0.6.14 is another new Scenario; this time, the Empire Strikes Back! Or not... since it is being forced to evacuate an airfield. The new scenario puts you on the Japanese side against the US.

The US carriers were also reworked in this update, with some minor survivability improvements and an overhaul to its Flight Control loadout.

As always, feel free to share with us your opinions and feedback on the new update.

 

NOTE: Please post all bug reports in the Bug Reports section, and follow the recommended format for bug reporting.

apart from final frontier scenario, is there another scenario ? i couldn't find this empire strikes back scenario anywhere in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles
1 hour ago, don_WarDaddy_AVI said:

apart from final frontier scenario, is there another scenario ? i couldn't find this empire strikes back scenario anywhere in game.

My apologies, it was my weak attempt at doing a Star Wars reference. Imperial Japanese Navy = Empire. The Final Frontier scenario uses IJN ships as allies while the enemies are all USN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
392 posts
On 11/30/2017 at 1:26 PM, amade said:

Along with update 0.6.14 is another new Scenario; this time, the Empire Strikes Back! Or not... since it is being forced to evacuate an airfield. The new scenario puts you on the Japanese side against the US.

 

From my experience so far, this scenario is very dependent on gunboats to win. Once again DDs are a huge liability to the team (especially IJN DDs) and because bots can evade, their torpedo salvoes will only mess up our aiming. CVs aren't very useful either as most of the enemy ships have Defensive AA Fire. I lost all my torpedo bombers before the task to defend the aerodrome even started. My biggest problem with this operation is that it lasts way too long, always 19 minutes per battle (assuming you don't lose).

 

Overall I think the operation is ok, but it could've been better.

Edited by Nikolaevna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Member
4,466 posts
25,606 battles
1 hour ago, amade said:

My apologies, it was my weak attempt at doing a Star Wars reference. Imperial Japanese Navy = Empire. The Final Frontier scenario uses IJN ships as allies while the enemies are all USN.

soon the Rebellion shall be crushed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COAT]
Member
1,182 posts
10,103 battles
3 hours ago, don_WarDaddy_AVI said:

apart from final frontier scenario, is there another scenario ? i couldn't find this empire strikes back scenario anywhere in game.

There will be more,in future updates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Member
4,466 posts
25,606 battles

N3

Dear WG,

IJN flight mod need rework ASAP << overwhelming USN CV from T6->8 (if they use AS Flight mod T6-311; T7-312;T8-312)

Saipan :etc_swear:<< need heavy nerf now :etc_red_button:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
207 posts
8,178 battles

This feedback, are they really listen to us ? because 2 weeks PTS, so many suggestion or complain about USN CV change.... WG do nothing no respond...
okay back to feedback...
I hope you,  yes WG do something about PAN ASIA DD flag, do not use dragons flag !!!! change it to something else because that dragon flag si so chinese...
and do something about USN CV especially T7 and T8 its very nasty tier for USN CV....

Edited by Gesterbein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
65 posts
3,069 battles

the only thing I hate on this update is that the USN CV changes is absolutely unplayable.
From worst to more than worst
I hope you can come up with a better solution

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LNA]
Member
1,658 posts
10,425 battles

AP bomb is overhyped , it doesnt do good enough damage against BB other than German Science from my PoV even on a perfect drop on a dummy. 14k is nothing to write home about when HE bomb can deal 8k + fires and break modules , the alpha is not large enough to justify the specialization

US is vastly outclassed if IJN decide to use AS loadout, balance between premium and tech tree cv is out of the window esp for tier 7.

2x6 tier 8 torpedo is not good enough , esp against high tier AA. I suggest that tier 9 planes from old Essex is used and keep squad number to 2x5.

There should be the option to set individual dive bomber load out to allo mix and match of AP or HE bombs ( like consumables). Full AP bomb is just not viable in current meta.

I would love to listen to devs or mods feed back on the situation behind the 2nd part of the balance : mainly conforming IJN cv to new standard and plan for new AA mechanics should it be viable.

 

Starting from the patch , the load time for battle has significantly increased , esp the sync time when the net go bad. The game just wont get into the match ,you fully loaded and look at the loading screen for quite sometime before it get into the match.

 

Conqueror should get raised ( waterline ) citadel , its citadel sit so low that AP bomb cant penetrate. Also Conqueror should get a minor AA nerf to set it apart from Montana. There is simply no point in getting a Monty over a Conqueror in Random right now.

 

Side effect from deep water torp : BB community pretty much stop playing actively , all are very much stationary batteries somewhere 18-20km away from the nearest DD. Deep water torp and new AP bomb is making BB players too passive and too afraid to take risk.

This is giving a bad time on high tier meta where it is already alot passive , esp on ASIAN server

 

Pan asia dd is meh , balanced and not very exciting but i would like for their main batteries to be different from the parent ships. Ctrl+C ,Ctrl +V is making it look too much like a clone even with the cool new toys

The scenario is a blast , very fun to play , but the voice is dead , no voice is playing for me

Edited by legionary2099

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
643 posts
3,490 battles

Bad Feedback.

A-lot of people is complaining High Tier 8 - 9 USN CV meant for 013 Strike Spec had been in vain. Now we need to RELY on our 112? really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Member
4,466 posts
25,606 battles

N6

Dear WG,

Did you consider about Deep water Torp when it hit T1 Gunboats ?<< lightweight gunships similar to DDs  << how can Deep water Torp hit them?

 

shot-17.12.02_21.20.06-0025.jpg

Edited by MatterCore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COAT]
Member
1,182 posts
10,103 battles

The detectability of Tier 2 PADD Long Jiang's deep water torp is too much for its speed:49 knots but 1.1 km detection range.In comparison,V-25's is also 49 knot but has a detection range of 0.9 km.Umikaze's torp,48 knot,8km,detection range 0.8 km

Edited by Kim_JongMion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
183 posts
3,790 battles
21 hours ago, MatterCore said:

N5

Dear WG

WHy I cant recruit Thai Commander for my Phra Ruang?

Chinese names sounds more bad-ass anyway.

Makes me wish getting Zhang Ye is possible or Zhang Xuan for face smacking goodness.

19 hours ago, MatterCore said:

N6

Dear WG,

Did you consider about Deep water Torp when it hit T1 Gunboats ?<< lightweight gunships similar to DDs  << how can Deep water Torp hit them?

 

shot-17.12.02_21.20.06-0025.jpg

How the heck were you able to see T1s? I'm pretty sure they have their own MM. Also, they are cruisers that's why.

 

2 hours ago, Kim_JongMion said:

The detectability of Tier 2 PADD Long Jiang's deep water torp is too much for its speed:49 knots but 1.1 km detection range.In comparison,V-25's is also 49 knot but has a detection range of 0.9 km.Umikaze's torp,48 knot,8km,detection range 0.8 km

WG probably didn't bother since you'll get out of T2 in a few games anyway. Also, low tier ships are already too slow, having 0.8km detect is already too much for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
20 hours ago, MatterCore said:

N6

Dear WG,

Did you consider about Deep water Torp when it hit T1 Gunboats ?<< lightweight gunships similar to DDs  << how can Deep water Torp hit them?

 

 

 

Deep water torps not hitting shallow-draught ships is the fake sense that you get from the terms. In this game, if it says "Only hits cruisers, battleships and carriers", it means anything with cruiser classification will get hit.Since the game doesn't really have an actual depth (or height for that matter) parameter yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
183 posts
3,790 battles
3 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

 

Deep water torps not hitting shallow-draught ships is the fake sense that you get from the terms. In this game, if it says "Only hits cruisers, battleships and carriers", it means anything with cruiser classification will get hit.Since the game doesn't really have an actual depth (or height for that matter) parameter yet.

The game actually has a draft value. The first DW implementation checks the draft value. I believe ships like kuma couldn't get hit. WG decided that for clarity, they would rather make DW torps follow class restrictions instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
4 minutes ago, DonnerSushi said:

The game actually has a draft value. The first DW implementation checks the draft value. I believe ships like kuma couldn't get hit. WG decided that for clarity, they would rather make DW torps follow class restrictions instead. 

 

Yes I know. But the ships do not have fixed draft values throughout the length of the ship. It was just too complicated. That's way I said, there was no real measurement in the game that would make sense.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×