You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legionary2099

CV changes are good, but it isnt fun

4 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,671 posts
10,500 battles

Well , taking Midway out for a spin and trying out official AP bombs. The bombs are extremely accurate , even without manual aim do moderately good damage on BB , but not spectacular. I seemingly cant deal more than 14k+ average on a perfect drop on common BB like Montana and Conqueror , Yamato is okayish , nothing major and GK is no where to be found.

The bomb can deal major damage to cruisers , but that rely alot on CA not dodging in the first place and it is entirely useless against dd.

To me, atleast at present time , HE bomb is still the better choice since dd flood the MM trying to do PA dd line.

The torpedo 2x6 is horrible , it will be caught by FT since it is too slow and it drop like flies to almost anything. Since it is 2x6 i cant complaint about that since it do very good damage.

Now the unfun part , im trying to keep it civil here , but i my mind i really want to spit out a lot of toxic words.

Fishing division is still there , it doesnt change anywhere, but 4x DFAA on DD mean CV no longer can dominate or atleast try to fight at cap. It is just not possible. Ridiculous amount of AA still prevent CV from having fun. Im not talking about speccing AA , im talking about the amount of DFAA available. In all of my games , i never EVER was able to bait all DFAA. There was just too many, leaving me looking around uselessly.

So many DM and memetaur around also reduce the amount of fun i have. When there is like 2-3 of them all over the place i cant do anything , like really.

TL;DR : nice change devs , thumbs up but still need tweaking. End game is still the same , nothing change to CV at tier 9 and 10 , it still isnt fun even when you are fishing.

This is my experience first thing on the morning of 0.6.14. Changes are good , but it personally doesnt make CV play more fun to me at tier 9 and 10

P/s : off topic , deep water torp and AP bomb has scared the hell out of BBabies. Even more campy environment has been found

Edited by legionary2099

381 posts
9,958 battles

I really dislike the 2x t8 TB setup. Against targets with weak AA or no DF (IJN/KM DD/Edinburgh) it would be a guaranteed one-shot. Then in matches with heavy AA they only act as AA meatshield and turn you into a tier 10 AS Lexington.

[LNA]
1,671 posts
10,500 battles
2 minutes ago, LunaStinger said:

I really dislike the 2x t8 TB setup. Against targets with weak AA or no DF (IJN/KM DD/Edinburgh) it would be a guaranteed one-shot. Then in matches with heavy AA they only act as AA meatshield and turn you into a tier 10 AS Lexington.

It is a trade off for having better DB. However , AP bomb is overhyped and it doesnt live up to its reputation of BB killer. It still cant replace a good torp drop

154 posts
345 battles

this is the most easy balancing CV to do :

1. return the manual aim, Remove Strafe

2. can exit DOGfight, without strafe... but if enemy fighter keep chase... it will act like fighter chasing bomber. the chaser deal DPS, and the running fighter wont deal any DPS.....

3. DOUBLE THE HP of plane....

4. empty bomber speed wont be reduced when chased by fighter, so it can escape easily....

5. ALL AADF multiplier should be halved now! like 3x become 1.5 and 4x become 2x

6. the HE bomb will deal 1/3 damage and AP bomb will deal 1/2 WHEN HIT CITADEL

7. Torpedo Damage is based on percentage againts target plus fixed damage. 

..............AND HALF THE FIRE AND FLOODING CHANCE!

>>>> for example  (before torpedo reduction)

each IJN Torpedo Damage 

BB/CV = 4% + (200*Tier of CV)

CA = 8% + (200*Tier of CV)

DD = 20% + (200*Tier of CV)

each USN Torpedo Damage 

BB/CV = 6% + (300*Tier of CV)

CA = 12% + (300*Tier of CV)

DD = 30% + (300*Tier of CV)

lets compare!

before >>> Kongo got hit by 1x torpedo of Hosho = 8000 damage..... 14% of HP

After >> Kongo got hit by 1x torpedo of Hosho = ((4%*54000)+1200) = 3360 damaga...... 6.2% of  HP

before >>> Montana got hit by 1x torpedo of Hakuryu = 8000 damage..... 8.3% of HP

After >> Montana got hit by 1x torpedo of Hakuryu = ((4%*96300)+1200) = 5852 damaga...... 6.07% of  HP

see the difference? the CV damage deal is LOWER for lower tier, BUT basically the same for higher tier.

if you lazy to read : the IDEA is to make CV MORE ACTIVE BOMBING ENEMY without worry too much about AA. BUT at the same time REMOVE CV insta KILL!