You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
INSDESTROYER

Unable to see certain Graphical Aspects of Game Play while playing world of warships. Need advice regarding the same

6 comments in this topic

36 posts
7,019 battles

Hello 

I am enjoying world of warships game. There are certain issues i noticed in game play graphics which i need help. 

I am using Windows 7 64-bit with Intel graphics Card. 

Default settings - Low graphics with Direct X 9 

I am unable to see effects - like ship on fire, smoke emitting from ships - which is used as guide to aim accurately, unable to see AP shells landing on ships that are far away (white trace is not visible as clearly as HE shells yellow trace), white pillar of water that is seen when shells hit water. I saw these effects in videos uploaded on You tube. 

When i switched to direct x 11 i saw these effects but then the game crashed mid-way of the battle. I read on another forum that PCs with Intel graphic card will lead to game crash due to heavy memory consumption. 

So i wanted to know settings options where i will be at least able to see AP shell traces and ship smoke so that i can at least improve my aiming which sucks at the moment. 

(I am not blaming the graphics or my PC for my performance)

Any help in altering the Game Settings - Graphics without game crashing, will be appreciated. 

Thank You.

P.S - i have checked out the settings related video from WOW official You Tube channel although it is good guide but it was not useful to solve my problem

[SGC]
197 posts
10,285 battles
On 11/29/2017 at 9:26 PM, INSDESTROYER said:

I am not blaming the graphics or my PC for my performance

You should.

In fact, you need a new PC or at least upgrade it, to be frank.

Have a good day.

36 posts
7,019 battles
On 2/4/2018 at 2:33 PM, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

We probably need a bit more information about your system

What information do you need about system Mr Super Tester ? 

36 posts
7,019 battles
On 2/4/2018 at 1:51 PM, seiji09 said:

You should.

In fact, you need a new PC or at least upgrade it, to be frank.

Have a good day.

Thanks for the reply

May be when i retire or something (buy new one) or if this one breaks down - i am not frequent gamer as such - only logging in because of number of events that are going on currently - Viva la France {completed with 13/18 items and 12 duplicates} and Aigle Marathon {9/10 - currently struggling with 70K and win mission} 

Found ways to sort some issues - its long time since i posted this forum 

There is a Mod Pack - Aslan Mod Pack 

1. Shell Landing and tracing problem - there is this Mod that changed color to Red for HE and Blue for AP - so i do see where they are landing, accompanied with x 3 zoom mod)

2. Smoke Problem (smoke from ship chimney to guess its speed) - there is Mod that highlights the ship with colored circles - green moving forward, red stopped, purple moving back - although it gives no idea about speed of ship as chimney smoke would do - it is certainly helpful. I was giving lead in front to my shots when ship was going backwards (when in binocular mode) - x 3 Zoom mod also helps to see the ship up close and personal giving idea about ship direction changes and speed (based on observation from multiple hit and miss salvos) 

3. Ship on Fire Issue - well i just look at that ship's hp - if it is draining away then it is either flooding or on fire 

After these little adjustments my aim has improved (simply from the fact that i am hitting citadels more frequently)  - although sites like warships today or wow stats and numbers still classify me as "Bad" rated player :)

(That is more down to my impatience - the tactics of hit-run-hide - repeat or patiently moving with team mates - is something that i am not yet used to - i start off with real patience but then get that urge to yolo Pirates of Caribbean style)

Anyways these are my current graphic settings - the game runs fine without any freezing. Any suggestions or tweaks would be welcome

current wow settings.jpg

36 posts
7,019 battles
On 2/24/2018 at 1:36 AM, INSDESTROYER said:

current wow settings.jpg

Viola !

Changed only one thing in above settings - Effects Quality set to High - now i can see the smoke, fire and pillars of water (after shells land in water) - so no need of mods anymore. 

Just played around with above settings and hit the jackpot. 

Although there is some drop in performance (drop in FPS) more noticeable when ships very close to each other and firing at each other, but it is playable. 

Thank You for all those who provided their valuable input. 

Edited by INSDESTROYER
Grammar error correction