You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

Choice of ships for T7 scenario?

Choose the most competitive ship(s) in the new T7 scenario  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Battleships?

• Nagato
    • Colorado
    • Gneisenau
    • Scharnhorst
    • King George V
    • Hood
    • Nelson
    • [WiP] Duke of York
    • [WiP] Lyon
    • I don’t find battleships useful
  2. 2. Cruisers?

• Myoko (and replica)
    • Pensacola
    • Indianapolis
    • Atlanta
    • Flint
    • Yorck
    • Shchors
    • Fiji
    • Belfast
    • Algérie
    • [WiP] Abruzzi
    • I don’t find cruisers useful
  3. 3. Destroyers?

• Akatsuki
    • Shiratsuyu
    • Mahan
    • Sims
    • Maass
    • Minsk
    • Leningrad
    • Błyskawica
    • Gadjah Mada
    • I don’t find destroyers useful
  4. 4. Aircraft carriers?

• Hiryu
    • Kaga
    • Ranger
    • Saipan
    • I don’t find aircraft carriers useful

37 comments in this topic

326 posts
10,532 battles

The ship I will pick for new scenario battle. Already test it on PT server & seems fit with my style.

BB - Nagato, Shiny-horse (AA build), Gneisenau (AA build), Hood (power creep)

Cruiser - Atlanta, Flint, Buyfast, Myoko & her sister, Fiji (AA power creep)

DD - Poi, Leningrad, Mahan, Wannabe-Gearing (Gadjah Muda)

CV - Any CV are fine to me.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

Took 3 attempts to get 5 stars.  It looks like the best combo is a couple of BB's, one CV and then the rest are CA with quick reload and  a mix of smoke and DFAA.  DD's don't really serve a use.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,774 battles
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Took 3 attempts to get 5 stars.  It looks like the best combo is a couple of BB's, one CV and then the rest are CA with quick reload and  a mix of smoke and DFAA.  DD's don't really serve a use.

DD's are notoriously bad at scenarios - they just don't have the dpm, especially at range, that is needed to kill lots of targets quickly.  Their main advantage of stealth and high alpha are not particularly useful.

354 posts
9,048 battles

During part 2 of the PT, after they fixed the Raptor bug, I got 5 stars on 1st attempt and it seemed pretty easy so I didn't try again. We had a KGV, 2 Gneisenaus, 3 Fijiis and a Shiratsyu. The Fijis filled top 3 places, followed by the BBs, with not a great deal of base xp to separate them. The dd was last, with quite a bit less xp. We killed all enemies and I don't remember being bothered at all by enemy planes. I don't think cvs or dds offer anything much - 3bbs and 4 fiji/Belfast would suit me fine. Most t7 bbs are probably ok, but speed can be a factor so nagato/gneisenau may be an advantage.

354 posts
9,048 battles

Just had my first attempt on the live server - a pretty easy 5 stars, with 'Tactical expertise' medals for everyone.5a1f7db332188_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2017_11.30-14_35_48_98.thumb.png.4a250588e73707f6e13905bb12a482d7.png

154 posts
345 battles
21 hours ago, ArchKongou said:

DD - Wannabe-Gearing (Gadjah Muda)

ITS T7 KHABAROVSK!!! PHEW PHEW PHEW!

i dont think Gadjah Mada will be usefull.... IT GOT LELWATER TORPEDO WITH INSANE LOOOOOOOOOOON COOLDOWN!

absultely need buff :cap_win: 45 sec torpedo reload will be fine.....

1,011 posts
7,482 battles

I have only played this on the test server, not on the main server. This is the hardest scenarios so far.

I don’t know why you say you don’t find BB’s or CV’s useful. Have to agree with DD’s, in this scenario stealth and speed are not as critical as raw firepower. Possibly a DD could help other ships with smoke, but well, may as well drive a Fiji.

I had one 5 star win on the test server. Our team had 1CV, 4 King Georges and 4 Fiji’s. I drove a Fiji and lived to the end of the battle. Team work was fantastic, ships helped each other, shared smoke and taking turn to get repairs.

BB’s are good to put down other BB’s, or cruisers - quickly.

A good CV really helps with some of the secondary tasks, sinking enemy carriers.

I have tried several T7 cruisers, I’d prefer the Fiji, because of smoke. Fiji is the only cruiser in which I have lived to the end of the mission.

As for BB’s, have tried the Nagato and King George. Fire seems the main issue, King George was superior because of the fantastic repair party, in my experience.

In Random I do like the Gneisenau, but I didn’t try it in this scenario yet. Gneisenau has speed and big calibre guns, but only 6 barrels. You have to be close and your aim has to be spot-on, I guess. On the other hand, Gneisensau has fast-ish reload, torps and good secondaries – really have to give it a go. I find it very hard to hit those bots with torps, by the way.

Have tried Blyskavyca, (wrong spelling, I know) but found that it was quite hard to have an impact on the battle.

Have tried Pensacola and Myoko, but not lived to the end of the mission often.

It’s a scenario, so just try a few ships and see what you like. It would be sad if every team had a Ranger, 4 King Georges and 4 Fijis, even though I think that would be a winning setup.

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles

The best ship for this is unfortunately hard to earn or is premium : payfast, atlanta , nelson, hood or blys.

Its all about killing ship as fast as possible while minimizing damage taken.

Long range dpm like schors is a good alternative.

BB would need to be tanky to kill raptor or to anchor the left portion of the map. Nagato is a good choice.

The german sister isnt as useful due to the wonky main guns that can troll you at critical time.

354 posts
9,048 battles
21 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

I have only played this on the test server, not on the main server. This is the hardest scenarios so far.

I don’t know why you say you don’t find BB’s or CV’s useful. Have to agree with DD’s, in this scenario stealth and speed are not as critical as raw firepower. Possibly a DD could help other ships with smoke, but well, may as well drive a Fiji.

I had one 5 star win on the test server. Our team had 1CV, 4 King Georges and 4 Fiji’s. I drove a Fiji and lived to the end of the battle. Team work was fantastic, ships helped each other, shared smoke and taking turn to get repairs.

BB’s are good to put down other BB’s, or cruisers - quickly.

A good CV really helps with some of the secondary tasks, sinking enemy carriers.

I've had 3 goes on the live server now - Fiji, Nagato and Gneisenau. All were 5 stars and pretty easy (and I'm not that good). I did best with the Gneisenau (1700 base xp) but these things are always a bit situational. We had a cv on 2 of them, but it got sunk really early on the last one and didn't really contribute anything to the result. I feel happier when I don't see a cv or any dds when this one loads up.

PS I sank the Raptor on 2 of these occasions and its dbs didn't present any problems - it does not appear to have any tbs.

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

Anything with rapid firing and fast paced re positioning with at least 2-3 ships having Monster AA. The Clan Battle format is really good. Just need 1 BB, 1-2 DD and rest with Atlanta + Fiji.

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles
2 minutes ago, FinbarAu said:

Would the Sims be any good as a DD for this? Given it at least has DFAA

No.Atlanta is a lot better choice. Besides, sims AA is not particularly strong. You wont be able to save those fortresses with sims dfaa.

381 posts
9,957 battles

Love this operation so far, seems really decent for credit grinding if you have high dpm ships like Atlanta/Belfast/Flint/Shchors/Fiji- better than Aegis tier for tier as they added some BB to Aegis recently :Smile-_tongue: 

The following image is from a 5 star win (2,4k base xp) which gave me 700k gross credit in Flint. My first try where I only achieved 2 stars and 1k5 base xp was 580k credit.

Personally I think the best setup is 1-2 BB, 4-5 CA and 1 high speed gunboat like Blyska/Leningrad/Minsk/GM. The lone gunboat will rush to kill Raptor at around 4-5 mins timer after most enemy CA are killed. It is okay to swap a CV in place of the gunboat if you prefer to spot Raptor for your BB to kill from afar but I don't think it's as effective as a DD.

flint 5 sao 1.png

423 posts

I've done this 3 times on the live server, (Gni, Nagato, ARP clone).  It seems to me that the hardest part is hoping you get a BB player who is willing to chase the Cleveland and Atlanta, to save the planes.  I think once the frustration comes in from the 2 players put into the base, it will get a lot harder when they don't take one for the team and kill those 2.  (Everytime I did it, and the bb who did when I was ARP, we all got low base xp cause we weren't getting into the big fleet.) 

354 posts
9,048 battles
1 hour ago, BunnyDragon said:

I've done this 3 times on the live server, (Gni, Nagato, ARP clone).  It seems to me that the hardest part is hoping you get a BB player who is willing to chase the Cleveland and Atlanta, to save the planes.  I think once the frustration comes in from the 2 players put into the base, it will get a lot harder when they don't take one for the team and kill those 2.  (Everytime I did it, and the bb who did when I was ARP, we all got low base xp cause we weren't getting into the big fleet.) 

Agree completely, every game when I've been in a bb (6-7 times) it's been me that ended up going for those ships - and I'd like to pass it up sometime and try for higher damage against the main fleets. Consequently, the Gniesenau is my favourite bb because of its speed (although its aa, secondaries and torps also make it a good choice).

Maybe we should have an unwritten rule that the eastern-most bb has to go for those cruisers (as if that would ever work :Smile_smile:)

Edited by Moldavia

326 posts
10,532 battles

Play a lots of ship yesterday - Fiji, Atlanta, Belfast, ARP Myoko, Leningrad, Mahan, Shiratsuyu, Sharnhorst, Gneisenau, Nagato, Ranger & Hiryu.

Result so far: 4x 3 stars, 5x 4 stars, 3x 5 stars.

For me, the main point to ensure success in the scenario is:

1. To know where the enemy ships will spawn.

2. Kill enemy Atlanta at 1o'clock the map - secure allied plane as much as u can. The more the better, especially when they will help us to kill enemy ships later on.

3. Kill the enemy cruiser which has great AA & DPM as fast as u can. (especially enemy Atlanta at 1 oclock, the Pensacola, New Orleans & Cleveland). So our allied plane or our cv can assist us to kill the enemy.

4. Kill enemy Ranger A.S.A.P. Her plane pretty annoying and can outgun friendly or cv fighter plane. As somebody to scout so the other can kill it as well. U can ask friendly cv the send the plane to scout it.

5. Kill high priority target in the game (the ships with a red target circle on her)

6. Smoke pretty useful in here

7. Intel about enemy whereabouts is a must. If u play div, this is really help a lot. Again, if u have cv in the game, ask the to send a squadron plane to scout.

8. Finally, don't afraid to damage ur ships. There is repair area so try not too far from it. Take turn who's gonna repair & who's will suppress fire.

Edited by ArchKongou

[LBAS]
163 posts
3,931 battles

I played it three times yesterday.

Time 1 was with no reading the play guides or anything, just relying on in game briefing.

In a Fiji. Well, I got on the wrong side of the big island at the start. Meanwhile, the rest of my team hung back and let me spot.........everything.

I died fast. The rest of the team made up for my noob behaviour to win with 5 stars.

Second time, I gave the Belfast a shot. 5 stars, no ships in our side died, 12 kills for me, it was awesome. Everyone played well, we covered for each other, when the DD got hammered, 2 CA's went in and protected it while it ran for the healing zone. The team was 1 CV, 2 BB, 1 DD and the rest CA/CL. Honestly though, we didn't need the DD except for when the CV was busy and couldn't spot for us.

The third time, I gave my Colarado a try..... oh boy. By the time 3 minutes had passed, the CA's finally left the spawn area. In the end, I sunk their CV, but died under the combined fire of something like 6 DD's and a half dozen CL's. I was one of 2 left alive by this point. 

It was shameful.

Overall, I agree, fast firing CA's are needed. Teamwork, positioning and thinking about others is needed (aside from that being almost impossible in SEA). With those, a decent CV, a pair of clued' in BB's and the mission is exciting, but lots of fun and feels almost like Halloween in that it was a total slaughterfest.

[LONER]
60 posts
2,591 battles

I’ve played this four times so far. Twice in the Pepsicola, and once in the Gneisenau and Scharnhorst. 

Pepsi is a poor choice for me. I don’t do well in it. Too slow dealing damage, too quick taking damage. I’m going to give my Yorck a shot, though I’m not expecting great things either. 

Those German battleships though! The speed to relocate, the armour to take a punch, decent AA, and the torps to punish anyone who gets too close. :-D

Edited by luftkopf

414 posts
9,259 battles

BB - Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, and KGV

CA/CL - Belfast, Atlanta, Shchors. (Myoko is fine, but fast firing CA/CLs are most welcomed)

DD - Blyskawica and Sims

CV - Pretty much all except Ranger

1,068 posts
3,847 battles
5 hours ago, luftkopf said:

I’ve played this four times so far. Twice in the Pepsicola, and once in the Gneisenau and Scharnhorst. 

Pepsi is a poor choice for me. I don’t do well in it. Too slow dealing damage, too quick taking damage. I’m going to give my Yorck a shot, though I’m not expecting great things either. 

Those German battleships though! The speed to relocate, the armour to take a punch, decent AA, and the torps to punish anyone who gets too close. :-D

Tried Yorck last night on NA,if you know how to play it well give it a go.Did well in it and got second top score ,although died near the end after sinking a Pensacola and Cleveland.Nearly got the Colorado that spawned with them as well ( torped it as it killed me,and flooded out most of its health).

At the start I lost most of my health I to the AA Cleveland because I got to close,and needed to repair though.So try to keep your distance and out range it if you end up going near it.