You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bengal_Tiger23

Activating in Game Replays

10 comments in this topic

191 posts
1,723 battles

Hi Guy's and Gal's

I have tried 3 ways of activating the in game "replay function". 1st from "Jingles" YouTube video. 2nd from instructions found on this forum. And finally I downloaded the "WoWS_Replay_Tool".

The problem is, I cannot control camera movement or any other function with the Keyboard and also, the replay ends with a crash with lots of Error notices and no results screen.

Can you tell me which is the correct method too use. And do you think I may have corrupted the game in some way and would a complete Reinstall be a good idea.

The game itself works perfectly with no problems at all.

Thanks for any help.

Alex

B_T23

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

191 posts
1,723 battles
21 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

i had this problem once a few patches ago, it solved itself after the new patch arrived

Hi drakon,

Thanks for the reply mate. Yes, I thought the last patch may have corrected this issue, but the crashes are a little worse. I am thinking that if this coming patch (tomorrow) doesn't correct it, then I will reinstall and see if that does the trick. 

I am wondering which of the above methods to activate the replay function people have had success with.

Thanks mate,

Alex

2,222 posts
13,720 battles

I made this to enable replays. Just create a file with a .vbs extension and run the script.

'@description: Enable Replays for World of Warships
'@author: keskparane@gmail.com

Dim filePath
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Do	' loop until user selects a valid path or quits	
	wowsDir = BrowseForFolder("Locate the World of Warships folder", &H200) & "\"
	filePath = wowsDir & "preferences.xml"	
	If fso.FileExists(filePath) Then
		Exit Do			
	Else			
		response = MsgBox("Could not locate preferences.xml in " & wowsDir, vbRetryCancel, "Enable replays")
		If response <> vbRetry Then
			WScript.Quit
		End If				
	End If		
Loop
Set f = fso.OpenTextFile(filePath, 1)
lines = Split(f.ReadAll, vbNewLine)
f.Close
Set f = fso.OpenTextFile(filePath, 2)
lineNum = 0
numLines = uBound(lines)
write = True
written = False
For Each line In lines	
	If InStr(line, "</isReplayEnabled>") Then
		WriteNode()	
		write = True
		written = True
	ElseIf InStr(line, "<isReplayEnabled>") Then
		write = False
	ElseIf InStr(line, "</scriptsPreferences>") And Not written Then
		WriteNode()
		f.WriteLine line 
	ElseIf write Then
		If lineNum = numLines Then
			f.Write line
		Else
			f.WriteLine line
		End If
	End If
	lineNum = lineNum + 1
Next
f.Close

Function WriteNode()
	response = MsgBox("Enable replays", vbYesNo, "Enable replays")
	If response = vbYes Then
		f.WriteLine Chr(9) & Chr(9) & "<isReplayEnabled> True </isReplayEnabled>"
	Else
		f.WriteLine Chr(9) & Chr(9) & "<isReplayEnabled> False </isReplayEnabled>"
	End If	
End Function

Function BrowseForFolder(message, options)
	Set shell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
	Set dir = shell.BrowseForFolder(0, message, options, 0)	
	If dir Is Nothing Then
		BrowseForFolder = ""		
	Else 
		BrowseForFolder = dir.Self.Path
	End If	
End Function

Edited by keskparane

2,222 posts
13,720 battles

A few notes on replays:

My list of controls

UP ARROW forward
DOWN ARROW backward
LEFT ARROW left
RIGHT ARROW right
7 rise
9 fall
CTRL + RSHIFT + BKSP freecam
LSHIFT zoom
ESC esc
INS faster
DEL slower
NUMPAD + pan faster
NUMPAD - pan slower

Old replays won't work after an update. They will usually work after a patch though but perhaps a patch has broken some older replays?

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles
10 hours ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

Thanks for the reply mate. Yes, I thought the last patch may have corrected this issue, but the crashes are a little worse. I am thinking that if this coming patch (tomorrow) doesn't correct it, then I will reinstall and see if that does the trick.

If the replays are not from current version of the game, there is no guarantee that they will run. Better to use ShadowPlay and save them as video as soon as you can.

191 posts
1,723 battles

Hi keskparane,

Thankyou, Your script worked perfectly. I have reinstalled as well so a nice clean program.

Yes, I was aware of the fact that new patches affected replays so I record the ones I want to keep with the in built Windows/Xbox game recorder and clear the replay folders. I just have to remember too screenshot the results screen so that I can include the results with my video editor if I wish. lol

G'day icy. 

As you can see, I am still learning new things with the game.

Cheer's guy's and thanks again.

Alex

B_T23 :Smile_great:

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

I wish there were options for saving the end game scores as well. This one is probably the worst game in terms of managing game history. Once you are out of port, all the battle results are forgotten. Then they just get added to the vast pool of numbers named "averages" and often makes little sense.

Looks like you have started to record some games. Posting them in YouTube or somewhere else? You can always share here with us or in the Fan Zone.

2,222 posts
13,720 battles
10 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I wish there were options for saving the end game scores as well. This one is probably the worst game in terms of managing game history. Once you are out of port, all the battle results are forgotten. Then they just get added to the vast pool of numbers named "averages" and often makes little sense.

Looks like you have started to record some games. Posting them in YouTube or somewhere else? You can always share here with us or in the Fan Zone.

Seems all the info is there in the log file. I might whip s'thing up.

edit: apparently wg in there wisdom have decided to output totally mangled json in their logs. an easy job just got more complicated

Edited by keskparane

191 posts
1,723 battles
On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:10 PM, icy_phoenix said:

Hi icy,

Actually atm I am doing this just for my own education. Trying, lol,:Smile_teethhappy:, too pick out my mistakes and where I can do things better. (There may be hope for me yet). Also when my friends and family come for a visit, they some times ask what I have been up to with the game. Although they are just showing a kindly interest, they are quite impressed when I put on a video and crank up the amplifier. As well as that, I am just learning how to use the editor properly, and it is good fun. As for YouTube, weeelllll, we will see. Perhaps a private channel I can share with friends here and elsewhere. 

Hi keskparane.

That's a shame that wg have it set up that way. In the meantime, I will just use some screenshots of the results screen. 

Perhaps as the game develops, wg will eventually incorporate a replay system that can be accessed form either the Launcher or Port screen.:Smile_great:

Cheers

Alex

B_T23

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23