You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AntifoulAwl

Cap siren?

14 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

There is the advisory commentary for the domination battles, but nothing for the base capture battles. 

Due to tunnel vision and/or sensory overload, sometimes the team loses (or wins) without the players even being aware that there are ships on the cap circle. Frustration levels hit the roof when team mates don't realize the drama unfolding back at our cap. Maybe a cap siren could be implemented, thus alerting all team members that bad stuff is happening and urgent action must be taken.

It would need a sound that impresses upon team members the critical situation that is occurring. Something like...

Alpha Tester
3 posts
14 battles

Would have to agree with this. The graphical representation is nice, but a more invasive audible warning would be handy.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

There's an audible warning. Most people just ignore it. I agree that it should be more invasive...

Its not really the most noticeable thing. Even seeing the cap go down, you often wont notice the siren. Definitely needs some work.

Beta Tester
10 posts
652 battles

I agree Anti. But that domination mission just sucks anyway. Most people it seems don't even know whats going on with it. Scrap it. So many fun battles ruined by that silly mission. no one wants it get rid of it.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

If people cant see the Orange Bar that's on the screen, I doubt they have the mental capacity to hear anything, regardless how loud or annoying it is. Learn this from WoT.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

I agree Anti. But that domination mission just sucks anyway. Most people it seems don't even know whats going on with it. Scrap it. So many fun battles ruined by that silly mission. no one wants it get rid of it.

Domination doesnt have a siren, he's talking about encounter or regular battles. Can you imagine Domination if it did have a siren? Nothing but blaring noises every few minutes as the DDs cap and countercap.

Beta Tester
72 posts
114 battles

By the time when someone actually notices their enemy is capping, either DDs are all gone or other ships are too slow to reach the caps.

So yes, definitely they need to make it much louder and noticeable for players who tunnel visions a lot.