You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gesterbein

I want to know why they remove USN AS

18 comments in this topic

208 posts
8,210 battles

Hey guys, its my first thread in forum...
since 0.6.14 maintenance info already out 
link : https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-06_14-patchnotes/
Well first I appreciate what WG done to USN CV...

but i just want to know, why they remove USN CV AS mod ? 
is it to "anoyying" for IJN CV or strike CV player ? 
well if im not wrong after midway lose her 1 squad TB they suggest us to play AS since they buff USN HE to 1000 lbs...
now lets go to T7 Ranger : this CV already underpowered, now ranger lose what she can do best, her AS mod...
1/1/1 old mod still viable vs saipan "if" saipan player dont know what to do...  but if you face decent saipan player, uh sorry its pretty hard....
for example if you 1 squad got wiped out by saipan/hiryu/kaga your re-arm time become double and no one can protect your bomber except AA ships (if your team had AA ships or in Division) and now they change it to 1/1/2 (its just 1/1/1 with bonus 1 RNG Bomb kek)
and T8 Lexington.... uh its hard to say something since i only play her less than 5 time lol i think the problem is same with ranger especially She's facing 2 fighter squadron and 1 squad with 9~10 planes (GZ)..
I hope in future or next patch after they got some data after this change, they buff ranger and lexington to make the competitive not gitgud CV  :Smile_honoring:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good Luck and Fair Seas

Edited by Gesterbein

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Is AS fun to play?

You're literally dedicating 100 matches to trying to ruin someone's day. You're not doing any meaningful damage to the enemy team, you're not contributing to kills, you're just spending the entire 20 minutes trying to cuck the enemy CV by bruteforcing his planes.

Is this fun for the AS player? Is this fun for the CV on the enemy team? Is this fun for the AS player's team? Is this fun for the enemy team?

[LNA]
1,667 posts
10,498 battles
1 minute ago, Gesterbein said:

well if im not wrong after midway lose her 1 squad TB they suggest us to play AS since they buff USN HE to 1000 lbs...
now lets go to T7 Ranger : this CV already underpowered, now ranger lose what she can do best, her AS mod...
1/1/1 old mod still viable vs saipan "if" saipan player dont know what to do...  but if you face decent saipan player, uh sorry its pretty hard....
for example if you 1 squad got wiped out by saipan/hiryu/kaga your re-arm time become double and no one can protect your bomber except AA ships (if your team had AA ships or in Division) and now they change it to 1/1/2 (its just 1/1/1 with bonus 1 RNG Bomb kek)
and T8 Lexington.... uh its hard to say something since i only play her less than 5 time lol i think the problem is same with ranger especially She's facing 2 fighter squadron and 1 squad with 9~10 planes (GZ)..
I hope in future or next patch after they got some data after this change, they buff ranger and lexington to make the competitive not gitgud CV  :Smile_honoring:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good Luck and Fair Seas

Have you ever heard of the Bogie controversy ? It give cv newbie a heart attack and drive newcomers away from trying CV. Not everyone play RTS b4hand and some are not that good as they are learning.

Or try the Essex 302 that will completely shut down a Taiho in about 10min into the game?

Lexi and ranger 202 is kinda okay when AA isnt stronk so you have loophole to strike.

Midway vs haku is a skill game since haku has enough squadron in the air to bypass 3 FTs and still connect for results.

Inde 201 will grind a 311 down assuming equal cpt skill, but then again you are useless with one pathetic DB to tickle enemy ships.

AS is a controversy as it doesnt accomplish the primary objective : killing anything that sail or get points.

Scouting, air supremacy is a sideshow to accomplish the main goal. You can still lose even if you do fine with the sideshows because of how powerful high tier AA can be and how useless your team could be

[LNA]
1,667 posts
10,498 battles
Just now, benlisquare said:

Is AS fun to play?

You're literally dedicating 100 matches to trying to ruin someone's day. You're not doing any meaningful damage to the enemy team, you're not contributing to kills, you're just spending the entire 20 minutes trying to cuck the enemy CV by bruteforcing his planes.

Is this fun for the AS player? Is this fun for the CV on the enemy team? Is this fun for the AS player's team? Is this fun for the enemy team?

Thats evil fun. It may give you a change of the air and say : serves you right weaboo cvs.

But then again , de fun dont last long and you carry on.

208 posts
8,210 battles
6 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Have you ever heard of the Bogie controversy ? It give cv newbie a heart attack and drive newcomers away from trying CV. Not everyone play RTS b4hand and some are not that good as they are learning.

Or try the Essex 302 that will completely shut down a Taiho in about 10min into the game?

Lexi and ranger 202 is kinda okay when AA isnt stronk so you have loophole to strike.

Midway vs haku is a skill game since haku has enough squadron in the air to bypass 3 FTs and still connect for results.

Inde 201 will grind a 311 down assuming equal cpt skill, but then again you are useless with one pathetic DB to tickle enemy ships.

AS is a controversy as it doesnt accomplish the primary objective : killing anything that sail or get points.

Scouting, air supremacy is a sideshow to accomplish the main goal. You can still lose even if you do fine with the sideshows because of how powerful high tier AA can be and how useless your team could be

i agree for T5 bogue AS is remove its pretty anoyying, and i agree they change it to 111
for indi i still can outplay ryujo 311
and what make me more concern is  ranger honestly and lexington.... WG need to do something for them...
well for Essex and Midway i cant comment anything honestly since i dont have them ... :))

Edited by Gesterbein

[LNA]
1,667 posts
10,498 battles
Just now, Gesterbein said:

i agree for T5 bogue AS is remove its pretty anoyying, and i agree they change it to 111
for indi i still can outplay ryujo 311
and what make me more concern is  ranger honestly and lexington.... WG need to do something for them...
well for Essex and Midway i cant comment anything honestly since i dont have them ... :))

Then i will tell you the horror :

Essex 302 will absolutely destroy a Taiho 8-10 min into the game assuming you are not a completel chicken. It doesnt matter what mod Taiho is running as you have more reserves than him and 3v3 you will still grind through him. But then again AA play the absolute factor in wether clearing the sky or not is necessary. You clear the sky and cant scout cause AA >> you are useless.

The AA screen on your team is stronk >> FT dont need to do anything >> useless. You are at the absolute mercy of MM wether or not you are needed.

Midway 302 vs 422 : you will destroy him with time , but time is a luxury you dont have. He will deal far more direct damage than you do. If your team dont push , you are forever lost.

vs 233. You will nice and easily chew through him , but you cant do anything to your dying team as he will always bypass you. AA is the king of tier X, you live and die by it. It will decide wether you are useful or a waste.

I have had games where both CV stare at each other for 12-16 minutes , dancing around while trying figure out the meaning of life. You can eat and watch anime and nothing will happen : AA do the rest.

Sniping cv is no longer an option. You will need at best 6 min to snipe from first contact to 2nd follow up assuming you do everything correctly. That leaves your team with 6 min of opening in a risky gamble that will make or break early game.

You can rest assured that Lexi will fair quite well even against 312 Shokaku due to how fragile Shokaku planes are. But Ranger will bite the dust

208 posts
8,210 battles
3 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Then i will tell you the horror :

Essex 302 will absolutely destroy a Taiho 8-10 min into the game assuming you are not a completel chicken. It doesnt matter what mod Taiho is running as you have more reserves than him and 3v3 you will still grind through him. But then again AA play the absolute factor in wether clearing the sky or not is necessary. You clear the sky and cant scout cause AA >> you are useless.

The AA screen on your team is stronk >> FT dont need to do anything >> useless. You are at the absolute mercy of MM wether or not you are needed.

Midway 302 vs 422 : you will destroy him with time , but time is a luxury you dont have. He will deal far more direct damage than you do. If your team dont push , you are forever lost.

vs 233. You will nice and easily chew through him , but you cant do anything to your dying team as he will always bypass you. AA is the king of tier X, you live and die by it. It will decide wether you are useful or a waste.

I have had games where both CV stare at each other for 12-16 minutes , dancing around while trying figure out the meaning of life. You can eat and watch anime and nothing will happen : AA do the rest.

Sniping cv is no longer an option. You will need at best 6 min to snipe from first contact to 2nd follow up assuming you do everything correctly. That leaves your team with 6 min of opening in a risky gamble that will make or break early game.

You can rest assured that Lexi will fair quite well even against 312 Shokaku due to how fragile Shokaku planes are. But Ranger will bite the dust

so in short T9 and T10 is worst place to use AS....

okay understandable...
for T8 its 50-50 i think, but is there any player use 312 shoukaku ? lol
and T7 it mean for ranger player you need to gitgud so Hard 

[LNA]
1,667 posts
10,498 battles
Just now, Gesterbein said:

so in short T9 and T10 is worst place to use AS....

okay understandable...
for T8 its 50-50 i think, but is there any player use 312 shoukaku ? lol
and T7 it mean for ranger player you need to gitgud so Hard 

Yes there are, but they are not the majority. 312 shokaku will almost always come with 2 powerful AA platform and you can rest assured that those match will leave you with PTSD even if you win. Fishing division is a thing from tier 8+ from strong clans

381 posts
9,957 battles

Well they finally added 1/1/2 option for Lexington and Ranger which had been asked for like 1,5 years.

I strongly dislike the uniformity though. Why can IJN CV choose between 2 loadouts while USN are only allowed to use one fixed loadout? All they need to change is to replace a DB with FT for strike loadout on Ranger and Lex. For Essex and Midway, just change 3/0/2 to 3/1/1 and we'll have an usable AS loadout - or split up the single TB squad of the stock loadout to 2x3 like Saipan is also a viable option.

Forcing Essex/Midway players to use inferior FT/TB is not a good idea. From my experience, the speed difference between t8/9 FT and TB is massive and finally comparable to IJN line which makes playing t9/10 much more comfortable than Lexington.

208 posts
8,210 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

snip~

off topic qustion, isnt that PP ur using the male master from FGO?

originally he is domon kasshu but someone edit his pict. and make him looks like gudao XD

46 minutes ago, LunaStinger said:

Well they finally added 1/1/2 option for Lexington and Ranger which had been asked for like 1,5 years.

I strongly dislike the uniformity though. Why can IJN CV choose between 2 loadouts while USN are only allowed to use one fixed loadout? All they need to change is to replace a DB with FT for strike loadout on Ranger and Lex. For Essex and Midway, just change 3/0/2 to 3/1/1 and we'll have an usable AS loadout - or split up the single TB squad of the stock loadout to 2x3 like Saipan is also a viable option.

Forcing Essex/Midway players to use inferior FT/TB is not a good idea. From my experience, the speed difference between t8/9 FT and TB is massive and finally comparable to IJN line which makes playing t9/10 much more comfortable than Lexington.

in short USN Fighter T9 doesnt exist and USN TB T9 and T10 Doesnt exist too.... pretty weird lol

7 minutes ago, stratmania said:

Because USN AS at certain tiers was useless. Look at Bogue, Indy, and Midway. Those AS loadouts are only good for planefarming and almost nothing else.

yep for bogue,Indi 201 its useless because 1/1/1 setup its already balance... dunno for midway
still im more concern in ranger place T7 its very unhealthy place, with ranger >70% always meet Saipan....

i can do decent with 1/1/1 and can do well against saipan in 202....
but for new USN CV met i hope i can do something in ranger 1/1/2 :Smile_sad:

0 posts
2,422 battles

I always screaming when I got 201 Bogue on enemy team but I have a 012 Bogue.

Play 012 Bogue and win the game. (just kidding)

201 Bogue is fun, but when I once played Zuiho, it is not fun at all to me.

So AS loadout for US CVs are.... well.... If you only want to Make America Great Again, It must be left.

But there should be chances for IJN CV users, right?

By the way, IJN AS loadout - 3/1/2 still left, really WG do love US CVs.

208 posts
8,210 battles
29 minutes ago, HighFleet said:

I always screaming when I got 201 Bogue on enemy team but I have a 012 Bogue.

Play 012 Bogue and win the game. (just kidding)

201 Bogue is fun, but when I once played Zuiho, it is not fun at all to me.

So AS loadout for US CVs are.... well.... If you only want to Make America Great Again, It must be left.

But there should be chances for IJN CV users, right?

By the way, IJN AS loadout - 3/1/2 still left, really WG do love US CVs.

WG said by sub_octavian, they love current IJN CV now and dont plan to change them...
so~~~ no plan to remove IJN AS 

0 posts
2,422 battles
9 minutes ago, Gesterbein said:

WG said by sub_octavian, they love current IJN CV now and dont plan to change them...
so~~~ no plan to remove IJN AS 

??? : "It's historical" :Smile_glasses:

154 posts
345 battles

ITS TIME for another balancing!

1. ranger need 2/1/1 loadout!!! those pesky saipan will become more crab!

2. Hiryu need buff if ranger got 2/1/1. give hiryu T7 TB

3. Independence need buff in plane reserve

4. lexington have an option, 2/1/1 or 1/1/2 otherwise

5. if lexington got 2/1/1 option, shokaku need buff.... its fighter should be as strong as lexington.... and DB should have 30% HP increase

Graf zeppelin need buff too :

1. access to repair party

2. base 10km secondary

enterprise :

1. it carry T9 DB, other same

2. buff base secondary to7km

347 posts
7 hours ago, Gesterbein said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good Luck and Fair Seas

Ranger... no comment...

111 Lexington was OK the 1 FT is pretty good if you play it right against a shokaku but I don't know about GZ since I've already moved on to essex 112 Lex might work well but the fighter reserve is less now although 111 had more FT reserves than needed so it shouldn't matter.

I am 100% sure essex will be horrible - T8 FT can win a dogfight but is too slow for anything else afterwards like catching enemy bombers. TBs are too slow and will be destroyed by enemy AA for sure, It'll be "fun and engaging" to watch essex TBs getting shredded by a lone Gearing at least Midway might be worth it.

Beta Tester
660 posts
3,532 battles

Bogue Incidents to Innocent Zuiho? Are you serious fellas? Try say that to Ryujo , Hiryu , Shokaku and so on CV.

But when it comes to NEW Independence 111 vs Ryujo 311 < this is going to feel Kek .