You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HighFleet

DO NOT APPLY Air Supremacy on 4, 5 tier CVs

13 comments in this topic

0 posts
2,422 battles

Hi. Nowadays I'm playing Zuiho, and I really got mad because my fighter squadron only has 4 planes but the enemy Zuiho always has 5 planes.

We all know that WG deleted manual attack on tier 4 and 5 CVs because of some "high level" players who enjoy to play low-tier, win the game and improve thier ratings. But why, why WG left air supremacy on tier 4, 5 CVs? 

6 planes can't win 7 planes without AA support or manual attack. However, in low-tier games, few of ships have good AA for support the ally. So in fact, there must be unfair game between "good players" who have the tier4 skill, and "bad players" who don't.

This system blocks low-tier players or novices to play CVs. Is this for their own affort that plays sucks or HAVE TO play sucks?

I think this problem should be referred to public opinion for the beginners. Thank you.

Edited by HighFleet

1,340 posts
8,832 battles

Air Supremacy is one of those skills that I would like to see replaced.

With the removal of manual attacks at low tiers it is even worse than before. At least previously you can counter the skill with some smart strafing.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

At lower tier, AS is double edge sword. If you are good, you can do wonders, if you are bad, you deplete your reserve even faster. Also, low tier dive bombers are too much hit and miss and they barely do any damage. Using exclusive AS captain on low tier is waste of skill points unless on a Bogue.

2,221 posts
13,691 battles

I'm not so sure. 

If you are patient and careful you actually have the advantage because there is no exit strafe. This means that if you can lock his fighters over your AA he loses the whole squad and you end up with a numbers advantage which pays off later in the game.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, keskparane said:

I'm not so sure. 

If you are patient and careful you actually have the advantage because there is no exit strafe. This means that if you can lock his fighters over your AA he loses the whole squad and you end up with a numbers advantage which pays off later in the game.

This only works for bogue. You will still lose to a bogue without AS while having AS on your zuiho. At low tiers, the CV fighter difference is SO MASSIVE that it doesn't really matter if you have AS or not. Outcome is same.

0 posts
2,422 battles
7 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

At lower tier, AS is double edge sword. If you are good, you can do wonders, if you are bad, you deplete your reserve even faster. Also, low tier dive bombers are too much hit and miss and they barely do any damage. Using exclusive AS captain on low tier is waste of skill points unless on a Bogue.

AS users can intentionally do the low-tier match because it is Tier 4 skill. Also, I saw many Zuihos having a AS skill and whatever I tried, I can't win or barely win on the fighter's fight. I could win with my Bogue against AS Zuihos, But I never seen winning between AS Langley and non-AS Langely, AS Hosho and non-AS Hosho.

They, who has AS captain and enjoy rating works, play Tier 4 CV with AS. This made me frustrated when I played with my brand-new Tier 4 CVs.

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,123 battles

There's usually 2 CV a side in low Tier match,and low Tier CV has a really,really small hanger.

Cooperation is more important than that skill(If you and your ally CV killed a reinforced enemy FT squad together,then the planes he left is less than a normal squad)

Also the skill need 4 point which can be changed by concealment expert,also very useful for CV.So IMO it is not a serious problem,just a fair exchange.

(BTW Zuiho's FT is more often used as a decoy in order to protect your TB squad,not go toe to toe(it can't match Bogue's American fire power anyway))

Edited by Kim_JongMion

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles
10 hours ago, HighFleet said:

AS users can intentionally do the low-tier match because it is Tier 4 skill. Also, I saw many Zuihos having a AS skill and whatever I tried, I can't win or barely win on the fighter's fight. I could win with my Bogue against AS Zuihos, But I never seen winning between AS Langley and non-AS Langely, AS Hosho and non-AS Hosho.

They, who has AS captain and enjoy rating works, play Tier 4 CV with AS. This made me frustrated when I played with my brand-new Tier 4 CVs.

pfft, i remember when T4/5 still had manuals, a certain *cough abougectionist cough* farmed entier enemy teams even in bottom tier matches

0 posts
2,422 battles
2 hours ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

Engage brainless 201 bogue when you're in 110?air-supremacy could be one of the potential ways to deal with it,I somewhat agree that air-supremacy maybe a bit overpowered for high tier usn cv

I mean there are "smurfing" users use AS to beginners for their credits or ratings. If I could get AS, I could win too.

Besides, how can I beat 14 planes if 201 bogue has AS either? I can't use strifing, just my watch planes gone, and that's all.

Can anyone blames to newbie team mate for not having AS? or take a thinking about problems by some smurfing users.

This is related to problems of match-making. I sometimes got match with ranked players in tier 4 CV battles and I did my best, but I could not win. 

In conclusion, I'm not talking about Air Supremacy it self. I just trying to make announce that High-Ranked Smurf Users use AS on low-tier CVs, and that makes game sucks for newbies, like me.

381 posts
9,957 battles

The skill itself is detrimental to the game and should be removed. I never understand the point of putting mandatory skills like CE and AS at 4th row except as a barrier to new players. The situation is even worse after the manual attack removal because now it's pure RNG when it comes to air fight at tier 4/5.