Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Atago - my first premium

7 comments in this topic

325 posts
4,679 battles

I spent some time thinking about which ship to buy, and shortlisted Scharnhorst (so pretty!), Dunkerque (different, cheap!), and, eventually, Atago.

Got Atago. A bit early on in my WoWS career since I am still about a week away from unlocking Myoko, but I rationalized it... you know, like you do.

1. I am enjoying IJN cruisers Furutaka and Aoba.

2. I figured since I had Mogami in my sights as the final boat in the line to grind out, it would make some sense to stop at Myoko and get Atago instead. The tougher economics at T8 make having a premium there more 'useful' than at lower tiers.

3. Ship has a pretty good rep.

After sea trials in the Co-op kiddie pool, I headed out to my first Random. MM was kind: T6-T8. Our team won, I came middle 7/12, 35k dmg and 3500 XP and 350k credits. Wait, what? Oh wow ... premium multiplier! I feel richer already!! :cap_win:

I find her a comfortable ship. Like a very small, very violent Furutaka. A Furutaka with double the torps, double the gunpower, 2 km more reach ... combined with a tiny profile and insane 9 km concealment. I was so used to Furutaka's 12 km that I didn't take advantage of the extra stealthiness at first, but I look forward to making the most of it in future. 9 km detection and 8x 10 km torps ... oh the possibilities!

Edited by Rina_Pon

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

Congratz man. She is a fantastic ship and you will love playing her. Be careful though. Atago torps are a bit different. First launcher set can only drop forward while the second one drops backward. You still will have to show a lot of side to be able to use both sets on same ship.

Most important feature on Atago is her heal.

What I cannot stand about her is the loooooooong reload. But if you are into heavy cruiser gameplay, she is one of the best even when uptiered, simply because of that heal.

Edited by icy_phoenix

326 posts
10,550 battles

Congratz mate. She's a lovely ship to play.

Atago quite a good ship to make other peoples salty whenever in mid or high tier & got heal as well. Just be careful since she a bit fragile. Other than that, she's truly astounding. 

Which remind me, she my first premium ship as well.

Back a year ago, I bough Atago +  2k doubloons, right after install the game. Then jump to high tier random match; with no captain on my ships, no experience to play the game, only have tier 1 ships in my port & just ruin the game like nobody business; a.k.a total noob (really make me laugh for what I did that time).

Spoiler

shot-16_05.02_01_55.56-0386.thumb.jpg.72bfac20e2a924fb7a48e6c2d64ea322.jpgshot-16_05.08_21_21.29-0732.thumb.jpg.6b32ea7de34f288d4700d760dcd8281f.jpg

Come to think again what I'm doing back then, I just want to play this game because the anime & manga series I like (Arpeggio of Blue Steel) & wanna get a hand with ARP Kongo. 

Edited by ArchKongou

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles
2 hours ago, ArchKongou said:

Back a year ago, I bough Atago +  2k doubloons, right after install the game. Then jump to high tier random match; with no captain on my ships, no experience to play the game, only have tier 1 ships in my port & just ruin the game like nobody business; a.k.a total noob (really make me laugh for what I did that time).

Lol, you are not alone, that's exactly what I did with Kutuzov too :P

Sign in to follow this