Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

who have 50%+ winrate in shimakaze?

8 comments in this topic

1,126 posts

oh and at 100+ match

shimakaze.thumb.png.21527c0672e10fbca02bd561ccba70cd.png

having shimakaze win-rate goes up beyond 50% is my life long dream (in this game)

but thing are not as easy as it's sound.

high tier seas these day are infested with radar and ultra-stealth gun boat that keep surprise me every time I try to do torpedo run or let my guard down even a second.

and it seem that radar will be standard consumable for almost every new ship line to come, thing are work against me.

did I just play her wrong or this is how she is?

T_T

Beta Tester
60 posts

1.png.3f5573ba33ba3e4adc9065f1fbc4b849.png

To me Shimakaze is just a entertainment ship.
like 2ndary build Großer Kurfürst

Hard to carry you team to win, so powerless.

iGroßer Kurfürst

146 posts
10,237 battles

I have all the T10 DDs and personally find Shima the strongest. Admittedly she is my most recent purchase and I've only played 37 matches but I'm happy with my stats (62%WR, 70k average damage). My only >250k damage match was in Shima and I love her. 

I play her very cautiously and usually try to scout a flank - I never push caps until I know where radar/z52s are - and I avoid them unless I have support. 

Tbh - I think her ostensible weaknesses force me to play carefully - which is good for me. In my Groz/gearing/z52 I play more aggressively and die more. 

783 posts
4,824 battles

~65% solo WR and 100k solo ave damage:Smile_hiding:~148 matches

A lot of things definitely tie in with experience and reading the map situation.
There are obvious improvements that tie in with MBH and Torpedo Hit Rate which you'll get used to over time.
But in my opinion, DD play in general rely on reading how the situations on each flank develops. And making the decisions with respect to it tilt your WR the most. For ships like Shimakaze however, you'll simply grow to like the fast speed it has to react to situations and escape dicey ones as long as you didn't make too bad a mistake. How she affects the match is also emphasized with Torpedo use, so getting the hang of knowing when to saturate an area, spread out your torps, stalk an unsuspecting CA or BB will do you a lot of good. Which, sadly, again ties in with experience and how much you get from each match.

[BOTES]
7 posts
6,443 battles

me not really dd captain, but radar cruiser captain.

shima player tend to go very far forward in early game, desperate to dump their torps.

1,126 posts

man... I wish I can keep cool head in match.

I can gather as many tactic I want in forum or anywhere else, but when in match, every thing seem to slip away

when match start, and I don't go full speed but 3/4 to made sure my team can catch up and ensure support, all cap are capped by enemy team DD first, and felt like it was my fault for not try to compete the cap for team...

feeling that, I end up head-on into cap, right into enemy radar range T_T

Sign in to follow this