You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Zhorphia

Kongo shooting

9 comments in this topic

3 posts
4,503 battles

I have been playing the Kongo for some time now,but I still couldn't understand the optimal shooting angle for it. Kongo has the lowest horizontal dispersion,but I think it has a higher vertical dispersion. Most of the time,at around 15km range,I shoot at the waterline,but I barely get 2 confirm pens. Where same with the NY ,or König,I get 4 and in good conditions upto 6 pens. Everyone loves the Kongo. I might be missing something,need help. 

154 posts
345 battles

its wasnt vertical dispersion.... its called "HIGH ARC SHELL"

its also happen on USN Cruiser. the shell is like falling from the sky..... so you need EXACT AIM

i find it annoying indeed.... maybe high shell arc is not your playstyle. some people like it because it can bypass island or create citadel hit againts german BB.

here is my advice, go get navigator mod to look where is your enemy movement. it will help a lo for high shell arc ship.

but be wary, dont call it aim assist.... i got 2 month ban because calling it aim assist

2,217 posts
13,673 battles

If the shells come down at too steep of an angle you need to try pen through the deck rather than the side.

Edited by keskparane

326 posts
10,505 battles

I love Kongo & I'm often to play her (especially ARP Kongo & Haruna).

One thing u need to know about her is never snipe from max range. The best distant for her to shoot the enemy around 14km & below. 

Her 1st, 2nd & 3rd turret pretty good but 4th one is a meh. 

Other than that just try angle when shoot ur enemy (1 o'clock or 11 o'clock angle).

shot-16_08.11_20_54.50-0204.thumb.jpg.5b95a701ea602b1d254e44071c415f62.jpgshot-16_08_08_21_40.07-0181.thumb.jpg.55790056ef134b147e013605b7e56094.jpg

Hunt cruiser instead of BB & u will be fine. If u still insist to fight enemy BB, aim to their superstructure - instead aiming on their waterline. U may not citadel enemy BB, but u can deal heavy blow when aim their superstructure.

Edited by ArchKongou

36 posts
941 battles
7 hours ago, Rwasknum said:

here is my advice, go get navigator mod to look where is your enemy movement. it will help a lo for high shell arc ship.

but be wary, dont call it aim assist.... i got 2 month ban because calling it aim assist

wait, didnt you just told everyone not to use that mod to be safe?

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

Yes, Kongo is quite inaccurate. Also, 15 km is pretty far in terms of Tier 5 ships. Get a bit closer, like 12 km. You will feel the same again in Izumo. I would accept horizontal dispersion over vertical any day.