You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kanna_The_Goldammo_Eater

Anyone knows to NOT get citadel'ed in Japanese ships?

34 comments in this topic

26 posts
628 battles

Just like title said, I got citadel'ed by enemies in my Japanese ships almost every match. So I may ask you an advice for how to NOT getting citadel'ed by enemies (especially by American ships).

Edited by Field_Marshal_Abe

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles

You will have to live with getting citadelled often until you reach the Zao, which is literally the only ship that is not proned to getting citadelled EVEN when angled right.

The position you shold assume before open fire from stealth should be a kiting position AKA butt front, angled and moving away.

Resist the tempt to use all your guns when there are multiple guys aiming for your life. Sometimes 2 to 3 turret firing is better than getting deleted. I have done it countless time to careless cruisers.

Even when angled right there is a chance a 16 inches+ shell will punch through the butt or bow and hit the citadel. This is the RNG part , you have little control over it and have to live with it till the Zao.

IJN cruisers have slow turret traverse, dont open fire willy nilly. Let camo kick in and save you instead of shooting everytime reload is completed.

556 posts
8,197 battles
2 minutes ago, Field_Marshal_Abe said:

I swear I will not play non-Japanese ships.

That's what I said regarding the KMS but now I have more U.S. and IJN premships than German ones.

154 posts
345 battles
21 minutes ago, Field_Marshal_Abe said:

play CV then.....

even battleship Yamato got CITADELED BY HENRY4

i repeat.... HENRY4! its a cruiser!

here is my pro tip :

1. got priority target and concealment expert

2. always keep conceal, shoot enemy when enemy BB is already firing its main gun

3. GET BEHIND BB if they are pushing

4. play like a ultimate coward real ninja...... Naruto is REALLY VERY BAD-BAD EXAMPLE OF NINJA! there is no stealth and JUST YOLOOOOO

btw, every cruiser got their citadel easily explode...... so dont expect more

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles
23 minutes ago, Field_Marshal_Abe said:

AHOY! WELCOME ABOARD MATE !

Weaboos rule the world!!!

POI POI POI ! So tired ... but still POI :Smile_trollface:

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles

Getting citadel'd require many things to happen.

A) You made some mistake

B) Enemy is good with aim and exploited your mistake.

So the answer is simple, do not make mistakes. You think this is specific to Japanese ships? Try playing Omaha.

This is what you need to do:

Do not show broadside. Learn the angle requirements vs enemy ships. Many can cit you through the bow, so do not get close to them unless there are no other options. And most importantly, Sacrifice a lamb each week.

[1AN-E]
106 posts
14,422 battles

If you really want to stay with the IJN cruisers, then read what @legionary2099 and @Rwasknum posted, and do that. They gave you excellent advice

For me, I stopped grinding the IJN cruiser branch of the tech tree a while ago, when I got to the Aoba. I love the IJN DDs and CVs and BBs (except the Izumo sad face). But the IJN cruisers were not so enjoyable - for same reasons as you write about. I did start my grinding in the IJN first, so my skillz were terrible. Now I expect to be better, if I went back to the Aoba, because I learned a lot from the other cruiser tech trees. What did I learn? Really, not much except what legionary2099 and Rwasknum wrote above.

But really, don't say you won't do any other cruisers ... I have very much enjoyed the Russian, US, German and French cruisers. In these, I have Tier 8-10. Probably I enjoyed these more than IJN, because my skillz improved, by learning the same info that legionary2099 and Rwasknum wrote.

Still, all cruiser lines can get citadel hits from many ships, especially if you show any side of your ship to the enemy. Because they are cruisers, so their armour is not so good, compared to say a BB.

And even BBs can get citadel hits from cruisers, so it's not surprising that cruisers are worse at tanking than a BB.

So just accept that RNG will kill you sometimes, and do what you can to reduce or eliminate RNG from your game. This will make it more fun for you, I am pretty sure. Good luck!

154 posts
345 battles
3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

So the answer is simple, do not make mistakes. You think this is specific to Japanese ships? Try playing Omaha.

try la glass... its belt armor is so thick that can shatter 203mm ap and richocet 380mm....

but....when BB shell hit..... normal pen....

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

you learn to gid gud, bowtanking and kiteing for starters, then how to WASD hack, how to control the terms of engagement, spacial awareness, the right distence and angle to bounce shells

tldr

dont broadside like a moron and you'll be fine

Edited by drakon233

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles
34 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

you learn to gid gud, bowtanking and kiteing for starters, then how to WASD hack, how to control the terms of engagement, spacial awareness, the right distence and angle to bounce shells

tldr

Bowtanking , did i read that wrong 0_o. That is the very thing that get overconfident patriotics wrecked by 16 inches sledgehammer

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
21 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Bowtanking , did i read that wrong 0_o. That is the very thing that get overconfident patriotics wrecked by 16 inches sledgehammer

i dont mean it as in "sit still and shoot", you bowtank in a CA to minimize your ship profile

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
2 hours ago, Rwasknum said:

try la glass... its belt armor is so thick that can shatter 203mm ap and richocet 380mm

i call bullshit on that, it's called la glass for a reason

154 posts
345 battles
29 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

i call bullshit on that, it's called la glass for a reason

lel i am serious, when i hit La Glass with Algerie AP it went SHATTER... when i am using bismarck, 1 of my shell did richochet.....

but of course, its weird why La Glass HAVE THE LOWEST HP..... La Glass Armor should be thinner so BB shell just overpen instead normal pen.....

2 hours ago, drakon233 said:

you learn to gid gud stealth, bowtanking and kiteing for starters, then how to WASD Q&E hack, how to control the terms of engagement, spacial awareness get RDF if you noob, the right distance enemy BB sweet range and angle to bounce shells make BB hard to aim at you

DODGE EVERY SHELL and you'll be fine

fix it for you :v

realize this after a hell of playing La Glass

RDF is very usefull for shitty cruiser..... not everyone have IQ or experience to track every enemy movement.....

also why RDF? enemy DD will usually spot you. if you know where is closest enemy, you can predict where is enemy torp will coming or GET AWAY FROM THERE to avoid being spotted.

RDF+French Cruiser = catch DD with speed boost or avoid ninja torpedo!

nyiaahahhaa

980 posts
12,617 battles
2 hours ago, Rwasknum said:

lel i am serious, when i hit La Glass with Algerie AP it went SHATTER... when i am using bismarck, 1 of my shell did richochet.....

but of course, its weird why La Glass HAVE THE LOWEST HP..... La Glass Armor should be thinner so BB shell just overpen instead normal pen.....

fix it for you :v

realize this after a hell of playing La Glass

RDF is very usefull for shitty cruiser..... not everyone have IQ or experience to track every enemy movement.....

also why RDF? enemy DD will usually spot you. if you know where is closest enemy, you can predict where is enemy torp will coming or GET AWAY FROM THERE to avoid being spotted.

RDF+French Cruiser = catch DD with speed boost or avoid ninja torpedo!

nyiaahahhaa

Shark bait is that you? 

26 posts
628 battles
On 25/11/2017 at 8:18 PM, legionary2099 said:

AHOY! WELCOME ABOARD MATE !

Weaboos rule the world!!!

POI POI POI ! So tired ... but still POI :Smile_trollface:

Yea, I hate those filthy westerner ships.

On 25/11/2017 at 9:20 PM, cplbao said:

Rename yourself to fleet admiral and get cit less often

Well, look at my profile pic and guess what is my next in game name.

21 hours ago, drakon233 said:

tldr

Thanks, you [content removed] unicum, I'm playing ship not fokin tanks. Even I headed forward I still getting citadeled. Also didn't count how Japanese ship is extremely flammable like floating raft pouring with gasoline.

Profanity. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

154 posts
345 battles
16 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

Shark bait is that you? 

what?  isnt i already told everyone? :cap_hmm:

15 hours ago, Field_Marshal_Abe said:

Also didn't count how Japanese ship is extremely flammable like floating raft pouring with gasoline.

it depend who is shooting you

British BB

French cruiser

RUSSIAN DD (specifically Khabarovsk line)

they got most flammable shell in the game....

btw, what is [content removed] meaning?

Quote updated.

Edited by amade