You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PeterMoe1963

How to achieve flooding - Mission: Get ready for pan-asia

26 comments in this topic

991 posts
7,403 battles

I'm stuck at the last stage of "Get ready for pan-asia"

Not too hard to achieve 20,000 HP damage with torps, or win a battle.

I struggle to get 2000 HP flooding damage. Had a fair few flooding ribbons, but flooding damage is often 0, not more than a few hundred.

Have tried mostly T5 and T6 DD's, have also the relevant flag mounted "Julliet Whiskey Unaone" = +15% chance causing flooding

481 posts
7,592 battles

Getting flooding damage isn't as much about the flooding chance (it is partly of course) but more about the timing of getting a flooding.

The reason you are only getting several hundred flooding damage is that the target has damage control active and can fix the flooding immediately or close to immediately, hence the low flooding damage.

You need to land torps (and get a flooding) after the target ship has used damage control to put out fires or repair flooding, and after the damage control is no longer active and is on cool down.

When you get a flooding/s on a target who cannot use damage control, because it is on cool down, you will get massive flooding damage and potentially sink the target if they cannot stop the flooding before damage control comes off cool down and becomes active again.

1,329 posts
8,812 battles

I do not condone it, but don't forget your ship can be a torpedo too.:Smile_izmena:

Ramming always causes flooding so if you are really desperate to get that 2nd flood off you can suicide yourself. Just make sure you don't kill the target in the process.

Personally I couldn't be bothered trying to complete this mission. Not worth it for just a few pieces of camo.

Edited by Thyaliad

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles
On 25/11/2017 at 5:28 AM, PeterMoe1963 said:

I'm stuck at the last stage of "Get ready for pan-asia"

Not too hard to achieve 20,000 HP damage with torps, or win a battle.

I struggle to get 2000 HP flooding damage. Had a fair few flooding ribbons, but flooding damage is often 0, not more than a few hundred.

Have tried mostly T5 and T6 DD's, have also the relevant flag mounted "Julliet Whiskey Unaone" = +15% chance causing flooding

My advice is use an IJN dd armed with torpedo reload booster and pace your torpedoe waves exactly 15-20s apart depending on who you are aiming for. This will allow you to net both requirement in 1 go.

Next mission is 50k flooding though.....

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,189 battles
2 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

My advice is use an IJN dd armed with torpedo reload booster and pace your torpedoe waves exactly 15-20s apart depending on who you are aiming for. This will allow you to net both requirement in 1 go.

Next mission is 50k flooding though.....

Smoke up, set fire then torpedo

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles
3 minutes ago, spacesloop said:

if only we could do the missions in co-op...

Its hard, but with the right ship it should be doable.

Kudos to those who dont have an armada to select from in their port.

Trying to do this mission set with low tier us dd or soviet dd will greatly shorten your life span

991 posts
7,403 battles
7 hours ago, FishyPower said:

Smoke up, set fire then torpedo

Yeah, fair enough, but what ship do you recommend for that?

IJN is good for torpedos, but their guns totally suck, hard to set a ship on fire.

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles
Just now, PeterMoe1963 said:

But where do I find someone who can tell me what the right ship is?

Well i can tell you the following ships :

Shiratsuyu , Akatsuki , Kamikaze R are the best choices to do these missions. Honorable mention include Kagerou and Yugumo.

Esp Akatsuki and Shirat due to TRB or the super fast torp reload of Akatsuki.

US dd include the Fletcher or Gearing and for Germans the tier 8 9 10.

991 posts
7,403 battles
Just now, legionary2099 said:

Well i can tell you the following ships :

Shiratsuyu , Akatsuki , Kamikaze R are the best choices to do these missions. Honorable mention include Kagerou and Yugumo.

Esp Akatsuki and Shirat due to TRB or the super fast torp reload of Akatsuki.

US dd include the Fletcher or Gearing and for Germans the tier 8 9 10.

OK, I have a few of those, will try. Thank you!

312 posts
10,043 battles
14 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

II struggle to get 2000 HP flooding damage. Had a fair few flooding ribbons, but flooding damage is often 0, not more than a few hundred.

you forget iowa-class torpedo is a gigantic torpedo,
you ram a full-health T10 BB, easy!

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles
Just now, Minifirefly said:

you forget iowa-class torpedo is a gigantic torpedo,
you ram a full-health T10 BB, easy!

Missions can only be done by tier 5+ dd in a random match

154 posts
345 battles
1 hour ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Isn't it supposed to be ship torpedos?

Cannot connect to the server right now, something wrong there...

ah sorry, i thought its just flood.

ok, then... i think i complete it with emil bertin instead.

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

This missions are best done in lower tiers, for obvious reasons. I finished them with tier 5 destroyers. At late night you usually get top tier matches with tier 5 ships. And at late night / early morning, players aren't usually very good. Very easy to exploit. If you focus solely on completing mission, this is how I do it:

Set a fire on a BB and keep closing the distance. Or simply keep closing up to a BB that is already burning. He usually puts it out. Then torp him from pretty close but not too close to devastate him. 10k to 20k flooding damage is very easy to get, and one battle is usually enough for the required amount.

991 posts
7,403 battles
2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

This missions are best done in lower tiers, for obvious reasons. I finished them with tier 5 destroyers. At late night you usually get top tier matches with tier 5 ships. And at late night / early morning, players aren't usually very good. Very easy to exploit. If you focus solely on completing mission, this is how I do it:

Set a fire on a BB and keep closing the distance. Or simply keep closing up to a BB that is already burning. He usually puts it out. Then torp him from pretty close but not too close to devastate him. 10k to 20k flooding damage is very easy to get, and one battle is usually enough for the required amount.

Yeah, as I said, I tried T5/T6, pretty much every DD I have.

Specifically, what DD do you suggest for that?

I mean, US/russia has the guns to set fire, IJN has the torps. 

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles
28 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Kamikaze, Mutsuki etc. Long range torpedoes.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
385 posts
14,933 battles
16 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Akizuki. Smoke, spam HE, set all the fires. Get them to repair and YOLO charge from your smoke to land a couple of torps.

991 posts
7,403 battles
On 11/27/2017 at 3:46 AM, Bex_o7 said:

Akizuki. Smoke, spam HE, set all the fires. Get them to repair and YOLO charge from your smoke to land a couple of torps.

That is the first sound and practical advice, thank you.

I have tried similar tactics, with other DD’s, but just never got enough flooding. I find it easier to do a Kamikaze run and sink the ship. Making only one or two torps hit, so there is flooding, I find rather hard.

I wonder how people apply the “shoot two waves of torpedoes 10s apart” technique. I tried that too, but I find ship hit by first torpedoes will change course or speed, so the 2nd wave doesn’t do damage.

Anyway, I think I missed the boat, Stage 1 ends today and I have no time to play.