You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BunnyDragon

Can we talk about laws or law discussion that may impact the game?

9 comments in this topic

423 posts

Topic heading.

Just wondering before starting a topic, as I've been reading about Belgium and there WTF to a certain other company and their issue.  Some of what I've been reading might effect our game.

Or is this too political? 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Can you discuss the scope first? Maybe the scope of the discussion is about Law and NOT the political ideology then this thread should be fine. Unless someone derailed it & continued to argue from there then good luck.

As far as I know, the only law that had an impact on this game is the German Strafgesetzbuch (Criminal Code) section 86a. Prohibits the distribution or public use of symbols of unconstitutional groups—in particular, flags, insignia, uniforms, slogans, and forms of greeting.

423 posts
35 minutes ago, Mingfang47 said:

Can you discuss the scope first? Maybe the scope of the discussion is about Law and NOT the political ideology then this thread should be fine. Unless someone derailed it & continued to argue from there then good luck.

As far as I know, the only law that had an impact on this game is the German Strafgesetzbuch (Criminal Code) section 86a. Prohibits the distribution or public use of symbols of unconstitutional groups—in particular, flags, insignia, uniforms, slogans, and forms of greeting.

http://www.pcgamer.com/belgium-says-loot-boxes-are-gambling-wants-them-banned-in-europe/

Belgium is either at the moment looking to ban loot boxes (crates) in video games at the moment, because EA Games pissed off their player base with their latest game release and the loot box micro transactions.  I'm just wondering if our game would be impacted by this.  But before I get strikes on my account, I want to make sure we can discuss this, as this may be breaking politic rules and definitely talking about other games. 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I believe..... World of Warships should respond as well. Because WG is most likely be next in somewhere in the on-going controversy period.

I mean, looking at the Yamamoto containers that are for sale in ASIA Premium shop. A discounted bundle of 55 pieces Yamamoto container costs US$100.

Capture6.thumb.PNG.8bd6faea13dce92445fd56efebc20e4e.PNG

1,493 posts

Can't everyone JUST LEAVE OUR [redacted] GAME ALONE ?!?!?!

currently, we have more people who don't play  (or only very casually do so) influence, change or control the direction, performance, look, behavior & what is displayed in our game, than us players !!!!

Some Chinese man didn't like the Taiwanese flag, it gets changed to please him, some other gaming company stuffs up the in game reward crates, so everyone is threatened, other people object to other historical (& current) flags being shown, so they are removed..... These are some examples.

Yet, it seems like every scrap of input received from ACTUAL DEDICATED, PAYING PLAYERS IS IGNORED !!!!!

The latest debacle about the latest mission, & the clan wars bad times is clear evidence of this.

Why doesn't WG start listening in house, to its players,  instead of listening to :etc_swear: that are NOT caring about the game, & are only interested in self gratification ??

When will this weak knee'd acquiescence to outside influences stop??

WG, LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYING, PAYING CUSTOMERS FIRST !!!

:Smile-angry:

Ordrazz

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles
On 23/11/2017 at 5:29 PM, BunnyDragon said:

http://www.pcgamer.com/belgium-says-loot-boxes-are-gambling-wants-them-banned-in-europe/

Belgium is either at the moment looking to ban loot boxes (crates) in video games at the moment, because EA Games pissed off their player base with their latest game release and the loot box micro transactions.  I'm just wondering if our game would be impacted by this.  But before I get strikes on my account, I want to make sure we can discuss this, as this may be breaking politic rules and definitely talking about other games. 

WG will abide be the regulator requirements.

If they change then WG will adjust the game to suit.

423 posts
11 hours ago, dead_man_walking said:

WG will abide be the regulator requirements.

If they change then WG will adjust the game to suit.

Yeah, they will, but will the new regs hit them?  Cause I don't think the containers we get in game would classify as gambling, (buying from the shop, yeah, that's most likely gambling right there).  Would they have to remove the daily ones from the game? That's what I really want to ask. 

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles
11 hours ago, BunnyDragon said:

Yeah, they will, but will the new regs hit them?  Cause I don't think the containers we get in game would classify as gambling, (buying from the shop, yeah, that's most likely gambling right there).  Would they have to remove the daily ones from the game? That's what I really want to ask. 

We won't know until the regulations are enacted.

Until then, we don't know the full impact, leave it for the scum  lawyers to figure out ;)