Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

I tried to troll MM but MM trolled me back

6 comments in this topic

323 posts
4,672 battles

Since I had 20k XP left to get my Furutaka captain to 10 points, and since I also had was down about 20 games on my Furu's win/loss stats, I decided to go all-in on a little "experiment".

I played 12 games straight in Furutaka with no premium consumables, no camo or flags, to see if Wargaming would start throwing me on potato teams to encourage me to spend more in-game assets. Instead, MM not only proved me wrong, but the opposite: As far as I can tell I was given more wins than I deserved.

Out of 12 games, my team won 10, yet I was only in the top half the leaderboard on 7 of those 12 occasions. On average my team performed better than I did, which logically, if it's all random, there is no reason for the rest of my team to be better than my opponents. Weird huh?

notes:

Battle 3: Fault Line, Domination, T5-7, I was stuck alone in the middle "guarding" B, everyone seemed to be at A and C so I got bored and tried capping B. Got air spotted, 3 ships took pot shots at me for a few minutes while I unsuccessfully tried to cap. I gave up and retreated, badly damaged, as the cavalry came up from A. Enemy Fiji decided he /really/ wanted me dead so I had to hide behind an island for the rest of the game while he pounded shells into the rocks. I like to think I played an important role as a decoy/distraction.

Battle 7: I played well, but just too many potatoes. Archipalego, Domination. We'd capped B and C, looked really solid, when 2 BB and 2 CA went off and chased a lone enemy BB back to the 9 line while the enemy team all swept up from A to demolish me and the rest of the team. Despite me asking them not to run off. Sometimes it's just hopeless.

Battle 11: 4 CV battle, our team's CVs got completely outplayed so we were 100% spotted in our spawn, with zero spotting on our side. It was a turkey shoot. I think we've all been there: the entire remaining team balled up in the spawn around the CVs, zero caps. Pathetic.

General comment: I hate Clevelands. I hate Atlantas. But most of all I hate Clevelands. 

WoWS Furutaka.png

Edited by Rina_Pon

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles

Fun fact, this had nothing to do with your consumable usage.

;)

Low tier Cruisers are usually low impact class, and furutaka doesn't make much difference with consumables. Besides, mm is a program, not something mythical.

323 posts
4,672 battles
On 11/21/2017 at 10:57 PM, icy_phoenix said:

Low tier Cruisers are usually low impact class, and furutaka doesn't make much difference with consumables. Besides, mm is a program, not something mythical.

I just realized you called me "low impact". ... hey!!

You're probably right tho :-D

A T5 cruiser like Furu dealing 20-30k damage isn't doing much more that pulling it's own weight, which is why I was surprised at the high W/L ratio over the 12 matches. Either my cooperative, team-oriented playstyle was having an outsized influence on the match outcome, or MM, program or not, was giving me an easy time of it.

Edited by Rina_Pon

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles
9 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

A T5 cruiser like Furu dealing 20-30k damage isn't doing much more that pulling it's own weight, which is why I was surprised at the high W/L ratio over the 12 matches. Either my cooperative, team-oriented playstyle was having an outsized influence on the match outcome, or MM, program or not, was giving me an easy time of it.

Well, that's cruisers at low tier for you. However, that was a general thought. You can be a lot more effective than the server average by carefully choosing who you deal damage to. 20k on a T5 ain't much against BB, but a lot of damage against multiple DDs. So it matters how you inflict the damage. By low impact, I mean, it is not easy to carry as a cruiser for general pop.

Sign in to follow this