Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kongman

idea for torps

8 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
105 posts
428 battles

That's a definite buff for the IJN since theirs were the only torpedoes that were reliable for much of the war :teethhappy:

They had a habit of exploding fairly easily though, so a torpedo rack hit would be a one hit kill for them.

The USN iirc had torpedoes that didn't explode if they hit the target with dead-on with no angle. Something about the impact fuses breaking upon impact. Yeah I don't know either.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,969 battles

torps during the war  were notorious for not detonating or being duds  , this should be put into the game .

And German tanks were notorious for breaking down.  Do German tanks randomly stop moving in World of Tanks?  No?

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

Therefore IJN Heavy Cruisers should have the risk of rolling over due to being top heavy. 

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Too much RNG, it will make torps even more annoying than they are now.

Id prefer if the things just failed to fuse on extreme impact angles, Im rarely a happy man when a torp manages to clip the rear of my ship at an insane angle and detonates anyway.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

And German tanks were notorious for breaking down.  Do German tanks randomly stop moving in World of Tanks?  No?

lol german tank myth they broke down alot is false , they broke down just as much as allied tanks , when they did break down it was during times of alot of stress , eg during combat  when the final drive was under alot of stress , the thing that compounded this was the lack of spares by Germany because of the allied bombing . 
Edited by kongman

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

That's a definite buff for the IJN since theirs were the only torpedoes that were reliable for much of the war :teethhappy:

They had a habit of exploding fairly easily though, so a torpedo rack hit would be a one hit kill for them.

The USN iirc had torpedoes that didn't explode if they hit the target with dead-on with no angle. Something about the impact fuses breaking upon impact. Yeah I don't know either.

i have not read alot on that , my background is i was in the army for 10 years armoured corp , so im not an expert on ships

Sign in to follow this