Jump to content
SIntreaper

Pan Asia Flag poll

68 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

759
[LEAK]
Member
2,500 posts
1,545 battles
19 minutes ago, Smokeyr867 said:

My vote is that in order to avoid offending anyone, we use the following flag on all vessels.

250?cb=20060616114019&path-prefix=en

 

 

I'm a simple guy, I woke up a couple of months ago and figured: "All this nationalistic nonsense doesn't go with my ideology of hating all humans equally."

Hence why every nation's ship I own flies these colours:

Spoiler

ofAXEaO.jpg

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
178
[POI]
Member
525 posts
7,946 battles
50 minutes ago, spixys said:

This is the world, and this is the game that caters everybody in this world, there are people who liked your idea and there will be as many people who get offended by it.

>this is the game that caters everybody
>removes other asian countries flags because of couple of chinese guys got their feelings hurts.
irony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
429 posts

I don't want to say this......

But I have to... because, chinese triggered.

If you don't like the game, just uninstall and go to your China No.1 world.

And don't even come to this world,

we don't accept you, and we don't need you. 

And WG plz don't listen to those.

They are just small players who ruin the Chinese reputation.

Further evidence?

Well, where were they when WG introduced Lo Yang premium ship, which has Taiwan Flag.

And nobody cared about it until now.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
603
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
926 posts
8,819 battles

It was never really about the flags, it was about a comment made by an EU staff member that referred to countries in a way that could offend some people (I have no doubt this staff member did not intend to offend).  After a complaint was made through the PRC embassy in the UK, WG clearly felt they had to give an appropriate response, so they apologised, removed the comment and decided to change the flag system to avoid any possible offence.

This seems like an appropriate response.  WG has no interest in being political, they just want everyone to be happy and enjoy their game, so clearly they will go out of their way to ensure they don't offend anyone.  The flag system change will ensure everyone can have the flags they wish on their ships.  I'm sure while introducing a new line (PA DD's) that represent many different nations, they just want people to enjoy the ships for their play style, as well as perhaps the in-game representation of a ship from their place of origin.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
803
[HMAS_]
Member
1,919 posts
13,290 battles
2 hours ago, humusz said:

 

6caa641727.png

 

 

I don't understand this meme, what is it supposed to portray ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
191
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
636 posts
5,721 battles
17 minutes ago, Skooma said:

>this is the game that caters everybody
>removes other asian countries flags because of couple of chinese guys got their feelings hurts.
irony

Indeed it is, And we have been told to respect these people.

 

Edited by spixys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
178
[POI]
Member
525 posts
7,946 battles
9 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

It was never really about the flags, it was about a comment made by an EU staff member that referred to countries in a way that could offend some people (I have no doubt this staff member did not intend to offend).  After a complaint was made through the PRC embassy in the UK, WG clearly felt they had to give an appropriate response, so they apologised, removed the comment and decided to change the flag system to avoid any possible offence.

This seems like an appropriate response.  WG has no interest in being political, they just want everyone to be happy and enjoy their game, so clearly they will go out of their way to ensure they don't offend anyone.  The flag system change will ensure everyone can have the flags they wish on their ships.  I'm sure while introducing a new line (PA DD's) that represent many different nations, they just want people to enjoy the ships for their play style, as well as perhaps the in-game representation of a ship from their place of origin.

they just removed Indonesian, Thailand and Korean flags. 
Those 3 countries doesn't even give a damn about Taiwan and China flag controversy, but they somehow got removed.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[LLBC]
Member
181 posts
8,521 battles
20 minutes ago, Kim_JongMion said:

It was never really about the flags.............

But it happened anyway... Thanks to you people :Smile_facepalm:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
191
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
636 posts
5,721 battles
21 minutes ago, Kim_JongMion said:

It was never really about the flags.............

But that's pretty much the maximum WG can do to prove its stance (even it is not necessary). So thanks to the Chinese there are more people getting upset.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,077
[MRI]
Member
2,220 posts
11,855 battles
56 minutes ago, BunnyDragon said:

I know, give the Chinese the option to hide the flags of other Asian nations. That way they don't have to see Taiwan. 

 

Hey, China, the rest of us keep politics out of the game like the rules say, keep yours out too. 

Spotter said in the pinned thread that WG is working on this feature, so hopefully we can the correct flags back.

 

41 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

 

I don't understand this meme, what is it supposed to portray ?

That's from Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour (one of the best RTS games I might add).

One of the factions is based off those religious militant groups you see in the news, so a lot of their units are low-tech suicide units and such.

But because of German censorship laws over terrorism and warfare or something like that, the German version of the game changes a lot of things, like replacing human units with cyborgs (like what is shown in the right picture) and suicide bombers with drones/remote-controlled bombs.

The left picture is from the International version of the game.

 

Anyway about the flag issue, though I disagree with WG's solution, I understand where they are coming from.

I don't know how much you all know about politics, but Taiwan is a very, very, very touchy topic in China. There is a reason why most respectable international media and news organisations avoid referring to Taiwan as as an independent country.

Edited by Thyaliad
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
671 posts
1,686 battles

What? No Indonesian flag?

That sucks, I won't be able to spam wkwkwkwk in chat while playing that ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
109
[ZUIUN]
Alpha Tester
463 posts

It was a mistake adding Pan Asian knockoffs to begin with. Greedy WG brought this down on themselves (stop pandering China already!). On the bright side, at least we won't see the communist China flag anymore. I wish this happened to the Soviet flag though.

Edited by Nikolaevna
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
7 posts
2,071 battles

[content removed] get back original flag

 

Derogatory. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
321
[SH0T]
Member
1,509 posts
9,087 battles
3 hours ago, spixys said:

Then what's the difference between this and modding the flags? Apart from official WG recognition?

oh thats diffrent

many player not using mod. for one

 

so to catter mainland Chinese player. thats not even on SEA server

we dont get to see our National flag represented on game ?

mod only affect your experience. not others

 

being able to express or share that with others is diffrent stuff altogether

thats not even being political

 

 

2 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

 

I don't understand this meme, what is it supposed to portray ?

its not meme

 

its german censorship. Tyland already answer your querry

 

some countries have censorship and stuff

for other example in China, game usualy not allowed to have skeleton and blood. Dota 2 for example use diffrent model than International one

Its same game, only In game asset were diffrent when you download it based on regions

 

 

Edited by humusz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
68
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
217 posts
4,462 battles

This kind of drama seem like even more ridiculous than the way they censor KM flag and IJN rising sun flag. Pan asia don't have any relevant with me, but this is ASIA server, not China sever. WG shouldn't change they policy just because random triggered ppl. If those guys don't like it, they can use mod. :cap_book:

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
191
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
636 posts
5,721 battles
1 hour ago, K135Blitzkrieg said:

This kind of drama seem like even more ridiculous than the way they censor KM flag and IJN rising sun flag. Pan asia don't have any relevant with me, but this is ASIA server, not China sever. WG shouldn't change they policy just because random triggered ppl. If those guys don't like it, they can use mod. :cap_book:

That random ppl actually went to post his disgust in letter to the Embassy (which is a very typical, Chinese approach), so WG has to do some response (Again, typical WG, well this time perhaps they actually feel the pressure to do so) with it.

They just wanted to maintain neutral over things in terms of politics - again, somewhat typical for many companies who trade internationally.

 

2 hours ago, humusz said:

oh thats diffrent

many player not using mod. for one

 

so to catter mainland Chinese player. thats not even on SEA server

we dont get to see our National flag represented on game ?

mod only affect your experience. not others

 

being able to express or share that with others is diffrent stuff altogether

thats not even being political

Then its time to Learn to use some, Japanese had been using it for 2 years, they either quit/modded/grieves/voice themselves over petition in similar matter.

And this issue has been somewhat political when that Random people post his letter to an random embassy no matter you really like to accept it or not - don't forget what WG did to the other historical flag - and this issue went beyond that.

Finally, its very unlikely but what happen if they have gather enough haters to prosecute WG? Go figure.

P.S. If you really want to go on about it pls feel free to do so, I had my opinion already.

 

 

 

 

Edited by spixys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
39 posts

Howling Sheet!

 

in Indonesia there is already anti-china sentiment..... the moment this news spread.... the new calamity will happen....

 

the click bait news be like :

"penghinaan terhadap NKRI, China ingin bendera merah-putih di KRI Gadjah Mada diganti bendera China"

translate : big insult to Indonesia, China want to remove Indonesia National flag from KRI Gadjah Mada

 

well, those people dont care about the real info or what the heck happened...... just something qualify as click bait, triggered.....

__________________________

lets see what happened next after the click bait news spread

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[LBAS]
Member
357 posts
5,854 battles

This is supposingly SEA server... we should not have to bear the political pressure but sadly the land of red and 5 yellow stars seem to exercising their democratic rights outside of their country.

 

Perhaps... WG should hold off introducing the Pan Asian line? I'm sure there are enough Indonesian, Thailand, Australian ships that can be reformed to build a usable line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
245
[BRU]
Member
2,725 posts
23 minutes ago, cplbao said:

Perhaps... WG should hold off introducing the Pan Asian line? I'm sure there are enough Indonesian, Thailand, Australian ships that can be reformed to build a usable line.

 

 

Ahhhh nope. Ships from major WW2 powers with their own modification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
321
[SH0T]
Member
1,509 posts
9,087 battles
59 minutes ago, spixys said:

Then its time to Learn to use some, Japanese had been using it for 2 years, they either quit/modded/grieves/voice themselves over petition in similar matter.

And this issue has been somewhat political when that Random people post his letter to an random embassy no matter you really like to accept it or not - don't forget what WG did to the other historical flag - and this issue went beyond that.

Finally, its very unlikely but what happen if they have gather enough haters to prosecute WG? Go figure.

P.S. If you really want to go on about it pls feel free to do so, I had my opinion already.

what you talking about, german ship have kriegsmarine flag on their ships. and japan still have their national flag on japan ships 

its represent acknowledgment for origin of the ship

 

AFAIK in China WoW those Japan flag. is replaced by something else (from reddit)

 the countries become fictional "factions" with their flag partially reflect the real world.

the second thing is about IJN ships. The USN and Soviet navies retain their ship names, just translated into Chinese. While ww2 era IJN ships is apparently more sensitive, so all the names are modified. The DDs are renamed to plants, from "Grass" to "Sakura", CL/CAs renamed to animals, from "Mouse" to "Elephant", BBs renamed to fish, from "Salmon" to "Whale", CVs renamed to (fictional) birds, from "Pheonix" to "Dragon". It was really an LMAO for me when I see the premium shop puts the "Dog " cruiser (Atago) on sale with those large characters and images.

 

there is 2 diffrent Client already

so, my oppinion were just stick to what they planned for International/SEA version. since China version of WoW is already diffrent than everyone else

 

PS: I not pro Taiwan or pro China. But for my Nation or any SEA nation got underrepresented because of matter we do not involved for. is just  wrong

and I do not acknowldge WG action for doing what they did - quite simpe isn't

 

Edited by humusz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,330 posts
13,500 battles

wrote a report ticket to WG that hope them to change the Pan-Asian flags(At least Thailand,Korean and Indonesian's anyway) back,and clarified some misunderstandings in detail,hope it works.

Edited by Kim_JongMion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
73
[LGND]
Member
346 posts
10,186 battles

seriously pls give back our flag will ya.....
i dont want use mod, last time using mod my game client is always crash and i dont want use  mod anymore just for a flag....
pls WG if you want change, just change chinese ship flag 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
39 posts

imagine if this dispute really trigger WW3...... because the hate sentiment grow larger,.....

....... every country in SEA will park their warship on southern china sea

.......... since Indonesia rename a bit part of south china sea into northern natuna sea (link news)

............. some country also follow it by rename a bit part of the sea

.................. ..... ..... too bad there will be no naval combat, since they are just park there......

 

the news spread and WG copy the ship look like by photo and.......and.....

and here come some premium T11~T12 each SEA country DD....... LOL

special consummable : Radar Jammer, bye Des Meme and Moskva!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
74
[VEU]
Member
381 posts
11,844 battles

I don't think the problem is the flags. According to Spotter's post it seems like WG actually violated the "One China" policy that both mainland and Taiwan agree to maintain by putting Taiwan (which is considered a province of the whole China nation not only by the PRC government but also the ROC government) equal to China (which is the name of a country containing Taiwan province).

 

IMO, as long as WG do not use the word "Taiwan" to represent a different nation from China it should be fine because ROC hasn't formally declared its independence yet. But they were too scared and went as far as unifying flags from multiple nations into one just to satisfy some snowflakes.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×