SIntreaper

Pan Asia Flag poll

68 comments in this topic

18 posts
24 battles

Hello everyone, I'm back with another poll, this time on the contentious subject of Pan Asia DD flags.

As you all know, Chinese players were recently angered by WG's decision to display the flags used historically on each ship. So, they wrote to various embassies, and WG decided to make all of the Pan Asian DDs have the Pan Asia flag as the main flag. This poll is attempting to gauge how the community feels about these Pan Asia flag changes.

Please answer truthfully and seriously.

Also, I don't want this to turn into a flame war, so please keep it civil down there.

Link is here: https://goo.gl/forms/Kj9jGHzWTYGSPWAw1

2,221 posts
13,691 battles

I can't understand why you would change them.

However a precedent has been set. Flags of other nations have been changed.

For me I just see it as a flag in a game and it doesn't bother my too much, although it disappoints me that the truth cannot be represented.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

They found the complainant (Shisuru_CN) and his lengthy but deleted reddit content. But the whole copy has been saved by someone.

He suggested to change it to neutral flag so he & his 1.4 billion people won't be offended or in rage by the flag. 

What's funny on his statement and I quote: "And personally, I cannot find a better solution than what WG just provided".

So ummm bro? USE GAME MOD

Beta Tester
907 posts

WG should make it display pan asia as default and let the nanny states lock themselves into that. 

Then have a setting to allow others that want it to display the true flags for those respective ships. 

1,107 posts
7,844 battles
33 minutes ago, Mingfang47 said:

They found the complainant (Shisuru_CN) and his lengthy but deleted reddit content. But the whole copy has been saved by someone.

He suggested to change it to neutral flag so he & his 1.4 billion people won't be offended or in rage by the flag. 

What's funny on his statement and I quote: "And personally, I cannot find a better solution than what WG just provided".

So ummm bro? USE GAME MOD

well there is national censor doesn it ?

China WoW is diffrent than SEA too (clientwise-server wise - community wise)

SEA client should got their flag back IMO

I like the idea of some loose alliance Fleet. like that Orc Tribal group that fly dozens of war banner haha

If it got to political, most SEA countries have conflict in china either way (vietnam-Taiwan-Japan-Korea esp). lol

except Philiphines. their current president is somewhat pro China

like those wolfenstein censor Nazi flag on German version.

or this

6caa641727.png

Edited by humusz

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,632 battles
1 minute ago, humusz said:

I like the idea of some loose alliance Fleet. like that Orc Tribal group that fly dozens of war banner haha

If it got to political, most SEA countries have conflict in china either way (vietnam-Taiwan-Japan-Korea esp). lol

except Philiphines. their current president is somewhat pro China

conceal the pic or you'll get ban

Edited by MatterCore

1,107 posts
7,844 battles
7 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

conceal the pic or you'll get ban

oh the forum censor that too ?

nice to know

did "He Who Cannot Be Named" face is not allowed too ?

Edited by humusz

1,107 posts
7,844 battles
1 minute ago, keskparane said:

I got a ban just for saying his name.

lol

that quite interesting, considering the whole game touch many aspect of history

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Either let ALL the correct nations flags be shown correctly,or none at all.

Stop bending to politically correct morons or nations with human rights records that are atrocious,especially China.The whole flag thing it getting more ridiculous the more nations are released.

Super Tester
2,725 posts
1 hour ago, humusz said:

I'm quite familiar with censorship on China version of World of Tanks & World of Warships. KongZhong changed the flags & symbols, it's publisher's job to make it marketable without issue. It's the same case for German Game Publishers whenever a WW2 game being released.

So that's why I suggest he just use game mod rather than dragging everyone into his trivial problem.

Edited by Mingfang47

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts
31 minutes ago, GreanRedZazA_BODIN said:

I don't like it. Why should change? because Chinese ask u they don't like taiwan flag?

I born in thailand. I want to see thai navy flag. Don't want to see Dragon flag

Then there are 3 very simple solutions for you,

1. get a mod

2. Don't play and uninstall this game.

3. A more well known ensign flag in certain nation which also in this game was banned by similar manner too, and people who discussed such matter got their judgements in this forum as well, they had to make a petitions and a site to express its grief to WG.

This is the world, and this is the game that caters everybody in this world, there are people who liked your idea and there will be as many people who get offended by it.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles
Just now, Mingfang47 said:

I'm quite familiar with censorship on China version of World of Tanks & World of Warships. KongZhong changed the flags & symbols, it's publisher's job to make it marketable without issue. It's the same case for German Game Publishers whenever a WW2 game being released.

so how you think about it ?

if SEA client can keep their national flag as it

the China client can have their way.

while other region most likely dont care about SEA flag and whatnot. they most likely accept any option

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts
4 minutes ago, humusz said:

so how you think about it ?

if SEA client can keep their national flag as it

the China client can have their way.

while other region most likely dont care about SEA flag and whatnot. they most likely accept any option

Then what's the difference between this and modding the flags? Apart from official WG recognition?

1,486 posts

AFAIK it was only ONE Chinese person, saying that HE was offended... 

Does he know WG staff have nothing to do with politics in that (or any ) region??

Why did he even give a :etc_swear: about what someone says ???

Why change it JUST FOR ONE PERSON?? 

Do we even have 1.4 billion Chinese players? 

What about the real flag ?? Does he ring up newspapers & magazines & complain if they show it ?? Does he ring up or write letters to the Taiwanese ambassador telling him that he doesn't like the flag?

Maybe he should delete his own account, so he won't possibly get offended in the future.

On the home front, we should keep our eye on Tasmania.....:cap_cool:

Ordrazz

1,486 posts
24 minutes ago, spixys said:

This is the world, and this is the game that caters everybody in this world, there are people who liked your idea and there will be as many people who get offended by it.

One man doesn't like the Taiwanese flag........

50* (arbitrary number inserted here as numbers unknown) clans from Australia / New Zealand (30 players each clan) doesn't like the clan battle availability times due to it being too late because of time zones........

Which selection is worth working on?

1: yes sir, right away sir.

2: no way, impossible to do.

??????????????????????????

Ordrazz

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,256 battles
4 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

One man doesn't like the Taiwanese flag........

50* (arbitrary number inserted here as numbers unknown) clans from Australia / New Zealand (30 players each clan) doesn't like the clan battle availability times due to it being too late because of time zones........

Which selection is worth working on?

1: yes sir, right away sir.

2: no way, impossible to do.

??????????????????????????

Ordrazz

It's not quite so easy. Taiwan is a VERY touchy subject for China. I'm not sure about the figures, but I'd say that China's server probably profits more than us here. I'm not saying WG is right, but it isn't "One man doesn't like the Taiwanese Flag" but rather nearly all if not all of the Chinese Server will riot over this. (Ever tried saying "Taiwan Numbah 1" on China social media? That shit's scary)