You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
User_1145141919810

[2nd update,added 2 5-star replay]Guides on the new T7 scenario

51 comments in this topic

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,094 battles

(In the Nagato replay,we have no CV and killed Raptor at the last 3 min when it is heading for us)

This mission is more difficult than previous ones,cooperation is the key.

Enemy has many fast-firing ships which means our ships are more likely to be lit,and enemy DD and CL all have DFAA(Awful!)

It's better to have a CV spot enemy DD and Raptor.Enemy DD will not engage unless they got spotted.Also you can trade off enemy DFAA if you can't kill enemy AA ship in time..(And since Raptor is too far away(H2),you need CV to kill enemy CV unless you don't mind kill it at the last 5 min)

Recommended ships:

Tech tree ship:

Shchors(Fast-firing),remember to take IFHE

Fiji(Fast-firing(but pay attention to AP angle,smoke and repair party)

Gadjah Mada(Personally I think this DD is OP,better than Blyskawica from almost all aspects.Better to mount Sierra Mike if you think it's too slow)

KGV

Gneisenau (Some like it because it has torp and good secondaries,but I doubt its main guns)

Nagato(Citadel)

Colorado(If the buff is true(HP increased to 59k),then its repair party and strong 406 will help)

Shiratsuyu(With Torpedo Reload Booster)

Maass(Maybe?If you want to catch enemy DD in smoke)

Minsk(Good guns for a DD,and very fast)

Akatsuki(Decent speed with good torps and OK guns)

Hiryu(2-2-2 or 1-2-2?,since enemy Raptor has 2 squad of FT)

Ranger(1-1-2)

(Note:CV should be ready to lost ALL YOUR PLANES because enemy has DFAA. Friendly AI has 2 squad of FT that is enough to hold off enemy DB and FT,but you may need FT to defend your own planes)

Premium:

Kaga(1-1-3 , 2-2-1 ,as you like)

Saipan(2-2-0 maybe better than 3-0-1)

Atlanta

Scharnhorst

Blyskawica

Leningrad

Payfast(Faster guns than Shchors!)

Nelson(Awesome Repair Party,as BB mainly suffer from fire)

Primary Task:

Save at least 8 of 10 Transport planes(when they arrive,i.e,KILL THE [CONTENT REMOVED] CLEVELAND AND ATLANTA!!!!!)

Defend the airfield.

Secondary Tasks:

1.Save 43 of 50 arriving planes(i.e:Lose 7 arriving planes at most)

2.Destroy 2 of 3 designated ships within designated time(the target is Random).

3.Survive at least 2 of 4 forts.

4.Don't let 3 "Whiskey" DD(Mahan,Farragut,Sims,appear at H5 or H7) capture(if they enter it,you still have chance(about 30s) to kill it and complete the mission) the repair zone(at E6).

5.Kill enemy CV Raptor(2-0-4 flight control(not dangerous to ships at all,but may does great harm to Fort.Will only use 2 DB squad at the beginning),at H2,the islands at bottom left corner.Guarded by a Cleveland and a Farragut).

Before the 50 planes enter the airfield:

Though you have an AI friend AOBA,but don't place high hope on this slow firing ship.

At the beginning,ourselves appear at 2 positions:The BBs in the team at D5,near airfield,the others at the bottom right corner.

I suggest the ships at top move slowly to right(as the Red Arrow) in order to destroy enemy ATLANTA and CLEVELAND(Only 1 ATLANTA but the position is random),then back along green arrow..The ships at bottom right go along white arrow.

2 enemy DD will appear at the red circle(But you may need a CV to spot them).

4 enemy ships(Wyoming,New York,New Mexico,Pensacola) will appear at the blue circle.

Also there will be an enemy Clemson sneak attack the base from yellow circle at G5-ish,keep an eye on it because it may does great harm to fort or torp you if you're unlucky.

The 3 plane icon is where your 50 planes will arrive,but there will be Atlanta and Cleveland waiting there (Awful AA!With Advanced Firing Training!!!!!),you must destroy them before our planes arrive)

The place where transport planes appear is random.

999.png.129e8743225aab4e7875c0717b588a86.png

pic 1:Before the panes land in airfield

After the 50 planes enter the airfield:

3 enemy CL(Marblehead,Omaha,Phoenix) will appear at around H5 and H7

The airfield is VERY VERY FRAGILE,only 30k HP,so NEVER MAKE ENEMY GET CLOSE TO IT.

The Forts are actually fragile too,though it has 80k HP.(Remember the 100k HP tower in Halloween event?)

I don't recommend using majority of ships hunt Raptor,stealthy DD or CV is the best choice.

Don't worry if you can't kill it:It can't kill you too,Raptor knows nothing about "press Alt for manual drop" and it has no TB

When there's 5 min left,friendly AI FT will search and locate Raptor(at the yellow circle) and Raptor will move toward airfield,which makes it easier to kill.

The repair zone at E6 repairs ship at 200 HP/s for CL and DD(I guess they encourage players to play CL and DD),100 HP/s for BB,can defend airfield inside it with a fast-firing ship like Shchors,Atlanta.(Also you need fast guns to kill the 3 fast-moving "Whiskey DD",which appear at 1 of the green circles)

F10,G2 and I6 (Red circle)will come 3 group of enemy one by one(Which group appear at which position is Random)

1st Group:Omaha,Phoenix,Marblehead

2nd Group:Phoenix,Cleveland,Colorado

3nd Group:Alabama(Yes it's Alabama),Pensacola,Omaha(there was a New Orlans before)

Each group has 1 designated target to kill within 150s,kill 2 of 3 to finish the secondary task.

5a119f8ab6cab_9999-.PNG.3f87f208cbf099948dda976a4c20eb0c.PNG

pic 2:The 10 min defending airfield

------------to be updated,I need to play more battles----------------------

20171130_150913_PJSA507-Kaga_s06_Atoll.wowsreplay

20171130_160007_PJSB010-Nagato-1944_s06_Atoll.wowsreplay

Edited by Kim_JongMion

980 posts
12,617 battles

Nice. 

I thought I read somewhere before (on leaks news or something) that only tier 7 Japanese ships are allowed for this particukar Scenario, since it was saving the Japanese air base. 

But whatever, I guess I have found a way to grind through unpleasant tier 7s *cough* Ranger *cough*

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,094 battles
Just now, LordTyphoon said:

Nice. 

I thought I read somewhere before (on leaks news or something) that only tier 7 Japanese ships are allowed for this particukar Scenario, since it was saving the Japanese air base. 

But whatever, I guess I have found a way to grind through unpleasant tier 7s *cough* Ranger *cough*

Season 1:All Kreigsmarine and IJN enemy

This scenario:All USN enemy

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,094 battles
4 minutes ago, LordTyphoon said:

Nice. 

However I just wonder 1 thing:Where is the scenario that award Pan-Asian captain?

1,332 posts
8,817 battles
24 minutes ago, Kim_JongMion said:

Season 1:All Kreigsmarine and IJN enemy

This scenario:All USN enemy

Finally.

Was getting sick of shooting Aobas and Kumas.

354 posts
9,048 battles

I've had a few goes at this (for a max of 3 stars) but have yet to spot their cv. One time, when all was lost, our cv covered most of the map and it still didn't show up - hope it's not bugged.

326 posts
10,503 battles
2 hours ago, Kim_JongMion said:

Spoiler

ss.PNG.9bfef1aa3f5269e72b90412bde1802ff.PNG

This mission is more difficult than previous ones,cooperation is the key.

Enemy has many fast-firing ships which means our ships are more likely to be lit,and enemy DD and CL all have DFAA(Awful!)

It's better to have a CV spot enemy DD and Raptor.

Recommended ships:

Tech tree ship:

Shchors(Fast-firing),remember to take IFHE

FIJI(Fast-firing,smoke and repair party)

Gadjah Mada(Personally I think this DD is OP,better than Blyskawica from almost all aspects)

KGV

Nagato(Citadel)

Shiratsuyu(With Torpedo Reload Booster)

Maass(Maybe?If you want to catch enemy DD in smoke)

Minsk(Good guns for a DD)

Hiryu(2-2-2)

Ranger(1-1-2)

Premium:

Kaga(1-1-3 maybe better than 2-2-1 since enemy has DFAA)

Saipan(2-2-0 maybe better than 3-0-1)

Atlanta

Scharnhorst

Blyskawica

Leningrad

Payfast(Faster guns than Shchors!)

Nelson(Awesome Repair Party,as BB mainly suffer from fire)

Primary Task:

Defend the airfield.

Secondary Tasks:

1.Save 43 of 50 arriving planes(i.e:Lose 7 arriving planes at most)

2.Destroy 2 of 3 designated ships within designated time(the target is Random).

3.Survive at least 2 of 4 forts.

4.Don't let 3 "Whiskey" DD(Nicolas,Farragut,Sims) enter the repair zone(at E6).

5.Kill enemy CV Raptor(Not found in PT,probably at H2,the islands at bottom left corner.

Before the 50 planes enter the airfield:

At the beginning,ourselves appear at 2 positions:2-3 ships at D5,near airfield,the others at the bottom right corner.

I suggest the ships at top move slowly to right in order to destroy enemy ATLANTA and CLEVELAND.

3 enemy DD will appear at the red circle(But you may need a CV to spot them).

4 enemy ships(Wyoming,New York,New Mexico,Pensacola) will appear at the yellow circle.

Also there will be an enemy Clemson sneak attack the base from G5-ish,keep an eye on it.

The 3 blue circle is where your 50 planes will arrive,but there will be 2 Atlanta and 2 Cleveland at the blue circle(Awful AA!),you must destroy them before our planes arrive)

After the 50 planes enter the airfield:

The airfield is VERY VERY FRAGILE,only 30k HP,so NEVER MAKE ENEMY GET CLOSE TO IT.

The repair zone at E6 repairs ship at 200 HP/s,can defend airfield around it.

------------to be updated(Since the Raptor part in PT is different from the formal)----------------------

Thanks mate.

Got any replay of this scenario to share?

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,094 battles
31 minutes ago, LordTyphoon said:

Yeh when I was playing this morning, I heard on the audio 'enemy aviation detected' but no enemy planes ever showed up for my Hiryu fighters to shoot at

Just wait for the formal patch..

[LBAS]
4,460 posts
25,598 battles
3 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Finally.

Was getting sick of shooting Aobas and Kumas.

Kuma Furutaka Aoba Myoko Mogami << very easy to score citadel >> USN <<come and get your love :Smile_trollface:

Video Contributor
2,259 posts
10,782 battles

no any signal Raptor

might be NC because task said

Kaga 221 will be best in this mission

improve torpedo rocket and 12 torpedoes in 1 salvo

DD Nicholas has DFAA

Sims not sure

all CA has DFAA

all ships use SE

Edited by Onlinegamer

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,094 battles
40 minutes ago, Onlinegamer said:

no any signal Raptor

might be NC because task said

Kaga 122 will be best in this mission

improve torpedo rocket and 12 torpedoes in 1 salvo

DD Nicholas has DFAA

Sims not sure

all CA has DFAA

all ships use SE

if you're on fire then they'll use AP

405 posts
9,138 battles

After countless games, no Raptor ever & final game of the day almost got 4 stars then suddenly 1 of the defense tower died... went to cry myself to sleep.

Edited by MyFranTheDevil