Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fear_the_Reaper

Impressions so far

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should all torpedoes be nerfed?

• Yes they should go slower
    • Yes they should do less damage
    • No they should remain the same
  2. 2. Should Aircraft carriers have less hit points?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Is it too easy to capture the enemy base?

• Yes it needs to take longer to capture bases.
    • No it should remain how it is.
  4. 4. Is 1000 capture points enough per battle?

• 2000 points would be best
    • 1500 points would be best
    • 1000 points is fine

99 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I just want to get it out of the way, so far i love this game it is some genuine fun to play, but there are a few things i have issues with (Admittedly they are probably already being worked on lol).

Communication (Or lack of)

The biggest problem i have found is lack of communication due to the language barrier, i am sure there is a system somewhat like we see in world of tanks in the works so i will not dwell on it too much, basically people are unable to understand each other beyond "hello" and "poi"  lol

Torpedos

Edit:

I have revised my issue with torpedoes, i believe they need to go faster, do a lot less outright damage and cause more module damage to ships.

Aircraft carriers 

The only problem i have with aircraft carriers is the amount of health they have, i honestly believe they only need maybe half of what they currently have as they simply take too long to kill for any ship in my opinion. 

Normal cap times

The time it takes to cap the enemy base is too short, it needs to be doubled if not tripled in my opinion.

Capture points

1000 points is not enough per game in this mode, most games with the 3 cap points tend to end 10 minutes in due to no one having enough time to re capture a base, this would be easily solved by raising the win score to 2000.

finding it hard to think of anything else, the other things i could think of i know are being worked on so good job wargaming, solid game so far :)

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

Communication. We can't do anything about it.

Torpedoes. no, they don't move fast and we can even miss at 3km. And the detection rate is already been buffed, if you managed to get hit by torps even though you saw them miles away, you deserved it.

Aircraft Carriers. So... You want big hulking turtle fast defenseless ships to have an hp of a destroyer?

My torps sometimes miss at 3km and resulting death by Salvo. :x

That's what my brain said.

Edited by Saito_Himea

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Communication. We can't do anything about it.

Torpedoes. no, they don't move fast and we can even miss at 3km. And the detection rate is already been buffed, if you managed to get hit by torps even though you saw them miles away, you deserved it.

Aircraft Carriers. So... You want big hulking turtle fast defenseless ships to have an hp of a destroyer?

My torps sometimes miss at 3km and resulting death by Salvo. :x

That's what my brain said.

The torpedo thing is because when i am in a cruiser, i feel way OP being able to nearly one shot ships with my couple of torpedoes, maybe the nerf could be just for the cruisers?

the aircraft torpedoes probably dont need to be changed at all they are fine as is

[PANZA]
Alpha Tester
26 posts
2,080 battles

My biggest gripe is the disappearing ships. From destroyers to battleships (nowhere near as much), they just keep disappearing (especially in smoke).

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Communication (Or lack of)

The biggest problem i have found is lack of communication due to the language barrier, i am sure there is a system somewhat like we see in world of tanks in the works so i will not dwell on it too much, basically people are unable to understand each other beyond "hello" and "poi"  lol

Torpedos

My next issue comes with torpedoes, in my opinion they either do too much damage, or they are moving too fast.

I honestly think they need either a speed or a damage nerf (not both, only one or the other) Opinions?

Aircraft carriers 

The only problem i have with aircraft carriers is the amount of health they have, i honestly believe they only need maybe half of what they currently have as they simply take too long to kill for any ship in my opinion. 

Normal cap times

The time it takes to cap the enemy base is too short, it needs to be doubled if not tripled in my opinion.

Capture points

1000 points is not enough per game in this mode, most games with the 3 cap points tend to end 10 minutes in due to no one having enough time to re capture a base, this would be easily solved by raising the win score to 2000.

Communication: So.... you want WG to provide English lesson and quizzes? In gaming world, you have no choice but to move on. This won't be an issue for you if you joined a clan that has preferred language as yours.

Torpedoes: This is an arcade game btw, not realistic long gameplay. Players are the one have to keep up the pace as the enemies doesn't wait for you.

Damage is historically devastating. Torpedoes are too fast? Guess 35 knots (64.82 km/h) torpedo speed is too fast for you?

The torpedo detection/warning range has already extend/buff this beta phase, which you have 7 seconds to dodge it once detected. Unlike before was no chance unless you predicted ahead. To prevent yourself being a target for torpedoes: don't go straight, zigzag movement, and predict.

Carriers: Same amount of health pool, paper armor, no anti-ship guns. It's balanced.

Normal cap time: Same reason as torpedoes, this is arcade game. So you have to make a choice fast if go reset or lose the battle. Man.... who would stay in battle for whole 20 minutes anyway?? :sceptic:

Capture points: Same reason as above. Arcade game blah blah blah....... plus you either retake it or kill fast. Killing the enemies is better though. ;)

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

The torpedo thing is because when i am in a cruiser, i feel way OP being able to nearly one shot ships with my couple of torpedoes, maybe the nerf could be just for the cruisers?

the aircraft torpedoes probably dont need to be changed at all they are fine as is

Their fault for not noticing a mini battleship and they deserved it. Lul

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

I honestly think they need either a speed or a damage nerf (not both, only one or the other) Opinions?

Please no. Torps have already been nerfed to kingdom come, we don't need any more nerfs.

The superstructure of carriers is big, it makes sense to have a large health pool. If you're concerned about functionality, remember that a carrier on fire cannot launch and land planes. Use HE against carriers, and their HP pool will be the least of your worries.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Communication: So.... you want WG to provide English lesson and quizzes? In gaming world, you have no choice but to move on. This won't be an issue for you if you joined a clan that has preferred language as yours.

Torpedoes: This is an arcade game btw, not realistic long gameplay. Players are the one have to keep up the pace as the enemies doesn't wait for you.

Damage is historically devastating. Torpedoes are too fast? Guess 35 knots (64.82 km/h) torpedo speed is too fast for you?

The torpedo detection/warning range has already extend/buff this beta phase, which you have 7 seconds to dodge it once detected. Unlike before was no chance unless you predicted ahead. To prevent yourself being a target for torpedoes: don't go straight, zigzag movement, and predict.

Carriers: Same amount of health pool, paper armor, no anti-ship guns. It's balanced.

Normal cap time: Same reason as torpedoes, this is arcade game. So you have to make a choice fast if go reset or lose the battle. Man.... who would stay in battle for whole 20 minutes anyway?? :sceptic:

Capture points: Same reason as above. Arcade game blah blah blah....... plus you either retake it or kill fast. Killing the enemies is better though. ;)

Communication

No lol, macros for calling out targets, follow me, halt, fall back, defend the base and so on that translate to what ever language setting a player may have the game set on.

Torpedoes

Exactly this is an arcade game, the torpedoes are OP atm lol, idk why you are getting so passive aggressive on that topic attacking my game play, i never said i can not dodge torpedoes and you have no evidence to suggest otherwise, the opposite is true i am the one firing the torpedoes and killing battleships in one pass by thinking "damn this is OP"

Carriers

It is not like carriers are not defenseless, it can take over 3 minutes of constant fire on a carrier to kill one in a cruiser getting over 100 penetrating shots with HE, if it is one ship fighting a carrier the carrier normally has time to send out 3 squadrons before sinking in my experience playing them, it just delays things they do not really need the health they are normally the very last ships to die.

Normal cap time

You simply cap too fast, if 3 ships make it into a cap circle the game is over, there is not enough time for ships to turn around and go to reset it the only way you can is if ships are already heading toward the cap to defend before enemy ships even get there.

Capture points

1000 points is not enough, whichever team is at 600 points with two zones capped wins, there is not enough time to re capture zones from that point so it feels like the games end prematurely. if the winning score was 2000 or even 1500 it would solve this problem and result in more fun game play in my opinion.

And yes i would love to see the games last the whole 20 minutes, the timers should probably be raised to 30 minutes as these games are about half the pace of world of tanks which has 15 minute matches.

Beta Tester
107 posts
226 battles

you can't just nerf torpedoes on cruisers as there are some cruisers made to be torpedo monsters(kitakami)...if you will nerf torpedo, nerf them for everyone or not at all....

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

AP over penetrates carriers, in one side and out the other

Aim really low to the water line, where the ships bulk is. Stop the over pen

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

you can't just nerf torpedoes on cruisers as there are some cruisers made to be torpedo monsters(kitakami)...if you will nerf torpedo, nerf them for everyone or not at all....

well apparently too many people who realise how OP they are and are in love with cruisers because of it will not let that happen so we have to be selective.

i mean im fine with that, it would be awesome if torpedos stay how they are because anyone not driving a ship with them is food for me

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

well apparently too many people who realise how OP they are and are in love with cruisers because of it will not let that happen so we have to be selective.

i mean im fine with that, it would be awesome if torpedos stay how they are because anyone not driving a ship with them is food for me

It is not an issue of being OP. It isn't OP.

Torpedoes are a punishment tool, and they are getting punished for making foolish choices. Too many people tunnel vision in this game, better make them widen their vision by force.

Reload timer though needs to be tweaked, not damage or speed. Though, we can have fun and remove the assist tool for torpedoes. :^)

Edited by ExESGO

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Aim really low to the water line, where the ships bulk is. Stop the over pen

imo still better off shooting HE at em :P you do all sorts of neat stuff shooting HE at carriers and what not

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

It is not an issue of being OP. It isn't OP.

Torpedoes are a punishment tool, and they are getting punished for making foolish choices. Too many people tunnel vision in this game, better make them widen their vision by force.

Reload timer though needs to be tweaked, not damage or speed. Though, we can have fun and remove the assist tool for torpedoes. :^)

I like the idea of removing the assistance tool, reload times could be another better option too +1

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

Re torpedoes... It's fine as it is... Than again I've seen ships pulling emergency stops despite the torps being dropped at point blank.

BBs are just fine as they are. Their QF secondaries can seriously put the hurt on anyone getting close.

The only gripe I have is ship to ship collision. It'll be nice if the crew's screaming that you're on a collision course with another ship

Beta Tester
37 posts
17 battles

I play the american cruiser line (at tier 7) now, the torp spam is a pain and I would prefer if they removed the aim assist which would make torps way more skill oriented than aim in the general area and fire, personally if torps get aim assist than so should main guns. But as for torps themselves I do not think they need nerfing, I mean a ship with a massive hole under the water line is going to be in trouble, i also see them as a crowd control tool, 3 CC's 1 BB and 2 DD going for a cap, fire a spread of torps and watch them split up and change direction in panic.

Caps well this is one of those things, as Reaper stated this is not WOT where a LT or MT can get back to cap quickly ships are generally slow and turn like a school bus on a tiny round about, it can do it with a lot of time, personally i think caps should be a little bit longer to balance the extra size of the map and slowness of ships (even DD's have trouble making it back and they are the fastest ships let alone CC's and forget it if you are a BB)

Carrier hit points are fine, they are large ships with no offensive armament apart from their air group, they are also large. I have read that HP is apparently connected to the ships displacement in the water which decides how much HP they have so I think it is fine besides I shreded them in my cleveland and that was with them trying to torp me into a deep sea grave

Edited by DarkAngelus

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I play the american cruiser line (at tier 7) now, the torp spam is a pain and I would prefer if they removed the aim assist which would make torps way more skill oriented than aim in the general area and fire, personally if torps get aim assist than so should main guns.

That will kill IJN DDs. Their range is their selling point. Please tell me how to aim a torpedo 8~9km away.
Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

That will kill IJN DDs. Their range is their selling point. Please tell me how to aim a torpedo 8~9km away.

ugh, firing torpedoes at 8-9km away... But it feels good if you sink a ship that far though lel

Beta Tester
37 posts
17 battles

yes it will kill 1-2, but then they pop smoke oh wait we are down to they can be sailing right next to me and i can not see them, how many were there...3??? damn first one pops up and I fill him full of HE goodness... wait my reload is what now um I miss my cleveland... 2nd appears followed closely by torps managed to evade a few still got one in the aft no biggy reload fire most of my shots hit RNG decides that i do minimal damage, okay that is fine I will get him with my nex... what more torps I am already trying to turn so I can not even weave or dodge effectively WTH.... i do not care about the 3rd one.

so 8-9 km away really, if I can shoot a DD 8-9 km's away than they are doing something very wrong and I found when I had torps that it was at those close ranges where the aim assist really helped did not have to bother figuring out where I had to release the torps as they ship was not going to be able to dodge, just aim for the light colored god sense line and hit the "i-win" button i mean the fire button :)

simply put why do DD's get the advantage of god sight while everyone else who relies on main guns has to fire a shot, than slowly change our aim so we can actually hit the enemy. But this is beside the point the question the op raised was are the torps OP, simple answer is no they are not they do exactly what they are meant to but how do we make them more well less OP like well either we increase the reload time (makes DD's the spg's of wow's) or get rid of the aim assist so yes you can fire a spread but it will be more based on a player ability to score hits rather than just aim in the general direction of god sight and fire.

Edited by DarkAngelus

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

yes it will kill 1-2, but then they pop smoke oh wait we are down to they can be sailing right next to me and i can not see them, how many were there...3??? damn first one pops up and I fill him full of HE goodness... wait my reload is what now um I miss my cleveland... 2nd appears followed closely by torps managed to evade a few still got one in the aft no biggy reload fire most of my shots hit RNG decides that i do minimal damage, okay that is fine I will get him with my nex... what more torps I am already trying to turn so I can not even weave or dodge effectively WTH.... i do not care about the 3rd one.

so 8-9 km away really, if I can shoot a DD 8-9 km's away than they are doing something very wrong and I found when I had torps that it was at those close ranges where the aim assist really helped did not have to bother figuring out where I had to release the torps as they ship was not going to be able to dodge, just aim for the light colored god sense line and hit the "i-win" button i mean the fire button :)

simply put why do DD's get the advantage of god sight while everyone else who relies on main guns has to fire a shot, than slowly change our aim so we can actually hit the enemy. But this is beside the point the question the op raised was are the torps OP, simple answer is no they are not they do exactly what they are meant to but how do we make them more well less OP like well either we increase the reload time (makes DD's the spg's of wow's) or get rid of the aim assist so yes you can fire a spread but it will be more based on a player ability to score hits rather than just aim in the general direction of god sight and fire.

Firstly, why did you even enter the DD's smoke and have them torp you in the first place?

Secondly, you do not let a DD get that close. If you are, you are doing it wrong. Send out your scout planes.

Thirdly, torps move so much slower than shells.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

DDs get an aiming assist because torpedoes are relatively slow (much slower than gunfire), and everyone gets loud, insistent notifications when they are near.

If you're engaging a DD in its smokescreen at a range close enough that you can't dodge, that's not a torpedo issue, that's a case of bad tactics.

Beta Tester
37 posts
17 battles

lol I will be the first to admit I am not the best player, actually I am pretty sure I am in the running for the worse. what I am saying is with smoke screen DD's are much better placed to get close enough, and with reload time on the tier VII yankee CA vs 2 DD's at full speed well guess what they are getting close and I would love for anyone to say they can keep them at distance, I have yet to see it in any pub battle. main guns are not overly accurate and RNG can mess up your day so no the whole if you are letting them get close it is bad tactics argument is really not a valid counter argument, DD's are a priority target for me (I am a CA so it is kinda my job) however at most I might be able to get 2-3 salvos off at tier 7, it was a lot easier in the Cleveland.

Scout planes to my shock and horror oddly enough can not see through smoke either (have no idea why, I am sure they have infrared cameras) so while they do increase my view range they can not counter smoke completely.

Now as for the "torps are slower argument" if that is the case I will use the "I am lucky if half my shells hit the ship instead of splashing water all around them" argument and state I want aim assist. Torps do not need aim assist, like us "main gun noobs" who have to learn to use our weapons with practice so should torp wielders :) if it is good enough for one put it across the board. since you guys are calling bad tactics and what not I will counter with if you are observant you will notice shells coming in unless you are to close, in which case you are doing it wrong and that is simply bad tactics (see what I did there not exactly a great counter point), if I am paying attention and it is say a BB firing long range I can usually dodge most of the incoming fire in the same way you dodge incoming torps although I have noticed it is easier for me to dodge incoming shells than the magical torpedoes that appear from no where (still not sure if ships randomly disappearing is a bug or some form detection issue). 

Now thread hijacking aside, one thing I noticed in my matches today 15 minutes was almost up both sides had over half their ships still afloat neither side could cap as it was constantly getting reset and the result draw. So an increase in the time frame from 15-20 minutes is a good idea, seems to be a lot of draw matches in wows given the hit points etc it really is no surpise.

Beta Tester
72 posts
114 battles

My generalized impression so far:

- Lead, point and click game

- DDs spamming torps 

- BBs being pussies and letting cruisers lead the charge

- CVs have no idea what they're doing

- Torp TK and collisions

- Literally no communication apart from spamming character's catchphrases from a certain anime

- Long game section per match

Should I recommend this game to others? Absolutely! The thrill of dodging multiple torps, firing big ass guns from BBs and micromanaging planes are certainly satisfying enough.

Edited by kanade_

Sign in to follow this