You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legionary2099

Polls to see popularity of tier X in CW

What are your choices for clan war ? ( Pick multiple if you think you want those ships in a team )  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which destroyer ?

• Gearing
    • Shimakaze
    • Z-52
    • Khabarosvk
    • Grozovoi
    • Yue Yang ( whales get them )
  2. 2. Which cruiser ?

• Des Moines
    • Zao
    • Hindenburg
    • Moskva
    • Minotaur
    • Henri IV
  3. 3. Which battleship ?

• Montana
    • Yamato
    • Goku ( GK's full name is long so GoKu)
    • Conqueror
  4. 4. Which carriers ? ( Give us CV WG )

• Midway
    • Hakuryuu

12 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,412 battles

Just want to confirm what is popular and wether POI is real or not :Smile_trollface:

If possible , comment about why you want dat ship in your roster

P/s : If you dont want your master evil plan exposed dont go to this post :cap_cool:

Edited by legionary2099

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,412 battles

Quite suprised to see ppl not picking conqueror ?

I thought that thing is OP as @#_$%!#$ and driving it is like easy win.

DM , gearing is still everyone's favorite while the Z 52 is quite liked to lol.

412 posts
9,213 battles
4 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

Yes Conqueror has the fast healing and superb HE, yet it can get damaged easily and not as tanky as Montana.

Tbh, I'm surprised that Henri IV is almost no one's favorite. She's one of the best IMO

Beta Tester
906 posts
9 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

Its not that good for CB. 

Those that think its OP have no idea how to play BBs at competitive level. 

Video Contributor
2,259 posts
10,782 battles

Grozovoi no one pick ez reasons

short range torpedo

long time reload

do nothing in CB

smoke active is same Shimakaze

Bad close combat

fast but which is good for advantage?

no cv no Grozovoi

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,412 battles

Wow , this has gotten quite interesting. 

Gearing has been dethroned and Z52 become the loli of the season

TBH , i dont feel like Z 52 is strong in random , but wow , in CW it is a beast of its own.

What i dont get is why people would take a Hinden rather than a Henry , because , if you need a solo long range delay/ harass / flanker , Henri is a far better choice than Hinden is

Beta Tester
603 posts
6,755 battles
19 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Wow , this has gotten quite interesting. 

Gearing has been dethroned and Z52 become the loli of the season

TBH , i dont feel like Z 52 is strong in random , but wow , in CW it is a beast of its own.

What i dont get is why people would take a Hinden rather than a Henry , because , if you need a solo long range delay/ harass / flanker , Henri is a far better choice than Hinden is

Z-52 is currently the most powerful destroyer in the game, in both randoms and CB's.  Superb short reload torps, excellent guns, and of course 5.9km hydro make for an unmatched package.  Gearing is one of the worst T10 DD's (I'd rather take a Fletcher to CB's if I could), but is better for CB's than randoms because of it's excellent smoke and reasonable torps.

Henri is great for flanking, Hindy is more versatile.  It really depends on your strategy and how you use your cruisers as to which is best for a particular role.  It's refreshing that all the T10 CA's are very good.

Super Tester
7,517 posts
7,978 battles

CV (if ever): Midway

I would say AS Midway would work better. CWs are long dragged out battles, and CV's job would mostly be spotting since it would be really hard to get successful strikes against enemy. The reserve is quite huge, and DBs are no joke anyway.

DD: Z52 / Gearing

Z52 or Gearing both are great imo. Don't really like Khaba, could just pick a Hindy to do the same job. When CVs are included, Gearing will have slightly more edge because of AA.

CA: Des Moines, Hindy, Moskva

Can tank well and return fire, has the required utilities. If CVs get included, may be Minotaurs will get an advantage.

BB: Montana / Yamato

In CW, BB do not care about enemy BB, her job is to scare away cruisers. Montana has her accuracy, Yamato has the punch. Both are extremely tanky. Besides, if CVs get included, Montana would be a no brainer. 

Edited by icy_phoenix

381 posts
9,957 battles

DD: With the current amount of sonar in CW it's very hard to deal meaningful amount of torp damage against a formation of 2 CA or more. Which means DD is only used for cap contesting and Z52 is the top choice. 2nd most popular seems to be Shimakaze but I guess it's because there are a lot of weebs on this server.

CA: definitely the most balanced class at this tier. With the exception of Minotaur (due to being highly situational) and Henri (because few people grind the French line), all other cruisers appear frequently.

BB: I used to think Conqueror is strong but when I tested it on my friend's account I found a noticeable weakness - its accuracy sucks. You only have 1 BB in this format so that BB needs to be able to land consistent hits. Combined with its vulnerability to HE spam and recently nerfed heal cd it's now inferior to Yamato and Montana.

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,297 battles

Based on the current CW meta:

CV  (If it's actually allowed) - Very, very difficult on deciding who is better. Midway with huge reserves + Hakuryu's strike power. It will be down to the CV player on how to control the skies + the team's AA power. 

CA - Hindenburg, Moskva 
Most popular picks due to how strong they are if positioned well. Des Moines could also be there alongside the duo but requires heavier positioning than the latter + team's positioning on how to cover the DM. 

Other ships - Very heavily reliant on the team's strategy + compo to make it work.

DD - Z52/Gearing/Shima
I'm quite split between the 3 of them. Z52 remains as the ultimate cap bully due to it's capability of hydro and forces enemy DD out of the cap. Very prone to balanced BB AP because reasons

Shimakaze as the "spotting" DD and is actually fast enough to escape if things go hairy. Despite the horrible spotting of 12/20km torps. If done right, they are capable of breaking formations.

Gearing is abit of an odd duck as it sits in the middle of everything although it's 16km torps still remains a threat to the enemy. Relies on the player's experience to maximize it's full potential. 

Other ships - As above

BB - Montana, Yamato
Montana's accuracy + Yamato's lolpen ability cannot be underestimated despite being the lone BB of the game. Landing good salvo's is always a game changer. Probably a no brainer pick for BB's. 

Other ships - Same as above