You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Wolvenworks

WOWS on Steam?

11 comments in this topic

80 posts
455 battles

Heard about it, and it turns out it IS there in Steam (Early Access). the question is, for which region? since i'm preety sure WG's not on that level where there's only "One Client To Rule Them All" yet (i suspect NA)

183 posts
3,790 battles
2 hours ago, Wolvenworks said:

i'm preety sure WG's not on that level where there's only "One Client To Rule Them All" yet (i suspect NA)

They're actually at that level already.

80 posts
455 battles

dear lord! why can't we have that for WOT too...

do i have to reinstall if i already have wows installed or do i just like hook it up or something to steam?

Edited by Wolvenworks

1,068 posts
3,847 battles
16 hours ago, keskparane said:

All regions. You get choice which server to login to

Is it you get to choose which server when you create an account,or you can choose one at any time once logged in?

Can't remember if it was mentioned,are the Steam launched users being mixed with the WG launched users in the MM,or are they seperate?

Edited by BanditSE1977

2,221 posts
13,710 battles
44 minutes ago, BanditSE1977 said:

Is it you get to choose which server when you create an account,or you can choose one at any time once logged in?

Can't remember if it was mentioned,are the Steam launched users being mixed with the WG launched users in the MM,or are they seperate?

IIRC you just get the one chance when you create the account because after that it logs you in automatically.

However you can run the launcher directly from the steam folder to be shown the server selection screen again.

Note that Steam use their steam_api.dll for the auto login. This exists in 2 places in the folders depending on the situation. If login in through steam and you want to bypass auto login you have to move/rename the version in steamapps/common/[*some number]/. If you are launching from the exe in the bin folder you will need to move/rename the dll in that folder.

*where [some number] will be the greatest numbered folder indicating the most recent version

As far as I can figure there would be no difference in the MM queue. My guess for the account separation would be that steam would be creating game accounts based on an id rather than an email address whereas wg are email address based.

Edited by keskparane

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Does look like they are putting the Steam players with the normal launcher players,at least according to this:

https://pcgamesn.com/world-of-warships/world-of-warships-steam

While the game on Steam uses all the same servers as the standard release, your existing Wargaming account won’t carry over to Valve’s platform - at least not officially.

2,221 posts
13,710 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

We already have threads on this, explains how to combine accounts and stuffs. Might check this out too.

except that you cant combine accounts