You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mingfang47

As a player, I opt to vote if found match has few players

4 comments in this topic

Super Tester
2,725 posts

*Although I posted this in other thread. I decided to create a separate thread where I can monitor feedback related to this proposal and make an amendment. 

I believed this issue started many (related) threads back when players posting about having a battle match with few players. We often found these players were playing at graveyard shift and we advise them to sleep. So ok, let's mitigate that concern.

As a player, I am opting to jump out of the queue if the found match has less than 5 players per team in random battle.

My idea is a pop-up message to call for a vote by 10 or fewer players to continue with the found battle.

A simple "Aye" or "No" vote. If there is a "no" of the voting, the match should not bother to continue & they are all simply kicked out of the queue.

Spoiler

Q: I believe everyone would say "Those who voted 'no' should just simply be excluded from the match and continue."

A: Yes, I already saw that coming. Do note we may encounter unbalances like no battleship or destroyer or possible lack of teammate on 1 team if we let it happen, so you may imagine those regrettable scenarios. I believe it is best to kick out of the queue & enter the 'chance game' again or take another pick.

Exception/s:

- No need to call a vote if the found match has 6 or more players per team

Draft UI design:

5a0a587e35002_ProposedUI.thumb.png.6baf0063d615ac86a2964c712464beaf.png

Notes on implementation:

- During vote casting, it must not display the IGN & the ship that player is using. Only display the casted vote on the right side of the queue screen.

- Players during voting are given 10 or 15 seconds to cast their vote, an abstention/no vote is equivalent to "no" vote.

- In case the game is minimized & player is browsing while waiting for the match, WoWs tab in taskbar should be highlighted & play a simple sound when called for voting.

Revision:

11/14/2017 - Thread created

Edited by Mingfang47

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

personally, I'd just prefer the MM to act the same was as it does for low game count accounts.

I.E.  if the numbers available don't add up to 8 per side after 5 minutes in the queue, fill in the gaps with bots.

This would take very little code change and alleviate the problem.

2,221 posts
13,701 battles
12 hours ago, Mingfang47 said:

- In case the game is minimized & player is browsing while waiting for the match, WoWs tab in taskbar should be highlighted & play a simple sound when called for voting.

If you sign up for a game then you should be ready to play, not have your game minimized where you don't know what's happening.

Edited by keskparane

1,489 posts
10 hours ago, dead_man_walking said:

personally, I'd just prefer the MM to act the same was as it does for low game count accounts.

I.E.  if the numbers available don't add up to 8 per side after 5 minutes in the queue, fill in the gaps with bots.

This would take very little code change and alleviate the problem.

This would be the best solution, this actually happens in WOWS blitz (the Android version of World Of Warships) , I play with a mix of humans & bots all the time...

(I play it on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT N8020 android 4.4.2)

Ordrazz