Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
User_1145141919810

Improve the Karma system

31 comments in this topic

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles

Good behavior should be rewarded and bad ones should get punished,so I come up with these improvements:

Karma at 20-50:Credits and XP +1% each battle;

Karma at 50-100:Credits and XP +2% each battle.

Karma above 100:Credits and XP+3% each battle.

If a person gets 5+ "play too badly" reports within 12 hours,he should be forced to play 5 co-op before re-enter Random battle.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

"Fantastic!

If this is implemented we will do count ins and my mates and I will continuously karma each each other for the XP gain/credits.

And of course we will down vote unicums, to force them out of randoms."

>This is why the OPs idea should not be taken seriously.

>The karma system should never be linked to rewards or punishments, it is too open to abuse

Good behavior is it's own reward..

[LBAS]
4,485 posts
25,665 battles
51 minutes ago, Kim_JongMion said:

Good behavior should be rewarded and bad ones should get punished,so I come up with these improvements:

If a person gets 5+ "play too badly" reports within 12 hours,he should be forced to play 5 co-op before re-enter Random battle.

5 battles with T1+  AFK in Coop >> done

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles
53 minutes ago, Kim_JongMion said:

As I have posted in the other 87 threads started bout rewarding karma

Senior Moderator
85 posts
7,324 battles
33 minutes ago, Kim_JongMion said:

The problem is that many players deduct another's karma for reason that is not often related to any negative behaviour and abuse the system in a salty manner. Thus, a punishment for negative karma reports in a consecutive manner is hardly justifiable.

Just my personal two cent.

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
9 minutes ago, Ingramaus said:

The problem is that many players deduct another's karma for reason that is not often related to any negative behaviour and abuse the system in a salty manner. Thus, a punishment for negative karma reports in a consecutive manner is hardly justifiable.

Just my personal two cent.

But...what's the meaning of this system anyway?One's karma can't be seen by others

Edited by Kim_JongMion

Senior Moderator
85 posts
7,324 battles
12 minutes ago, Kim_JongMion said:

But...what's the meaning of this system anyway?One's karma can't be seen by others

But people will be affected by the system you suggested, as they might receive negative karma for actions not in reality related to botting, bad manners or AFK.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles
10 minutes ago, Kim_JongMion said:

That's just it.  There is no meaning to it.  It is just a big fat waste of coding and offers nothing to the game, never has and never will.

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
8 minutes ago, Ingramaus said:

But people will be affected by the system you suggested, as they might receive negative karma for actions not in reality related to botting, bad manners or AFK.

so hope my report ticket with replay works......

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
8 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

That's just it.  There is no meaning to it.  It is just a big fat waste of coding and offers nothing to the game, never has and never will.

1 thing I found it useful is,when I get a "witherer"+"High caliber" with Chapayev,I've been told that "because I misbehavior in chat,I got temporary ban with chat" and Karma reduced 5.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

No, never give a reward system to this feature as it is more open up to abuse than to actually use it in the right way. Thus defeating the point of this karma system.

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
13 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

That's what the report system is there for so using karma for it is redundant.   Ive been here since alpha and my karma has rarely gone over single digits.    

I've been here less than year but my Karma is 63

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
Just now, Somedude_Yudachi said:

I div with my friends and left the division,then we complement each other 7 times?

This can be solved by "Not available to divisioned within x round member",just like can't report/compliment those in div

Senior Moderator
85 posts
7,324 battles
11 minutes ago, Kim_JongMion said:

This can be solved by "Not available to divisioned within x round member",just like can't report/compliment those in div

...and why should cooperative teammates be forcibly separated because they made gains - victories, damages or tactical maneuvers what not?

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
Just now, Ingramaus said:

...and why should cooperative teammates be forcibly separated because they made gains - victories, damages or tactical maneuvers what not?

No I mean"You can't praise somebody who divisioned with you in past x rounds"

Super Tester
2,725 posts
28 minutes ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

I div with my friends and left the division,then we complement each other 7 times?

I think that's already fixed in 0.6.12 update, I was able to do it with my clanmate before the implementation of fix.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles
27 minutes ago, Kim_JongMion said:

I've been here less than year but my Karma is 63

And what has that 63 karma got you?  More to the point how has the 6 I've got detracted from my experience?

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

It's been said numerous times before, the best use of the karma system is for players to vent frustrations.

People like to have an outlet to express rage.

And so when a player gets angry at a dimwitted teammate, they feel pleased when they can 'report' him. :etc_red_button:

If the report does nothing but make the upset player feel better, it has done its job.

1,493 posts
1 hour ago, AntifoulAwl said:

It's been said numerous times before, the best use of the karma system is for players to vent frustrations.

People like to have an outlet to express rage.

And so when a player gets angry at a dimwitted teammate, they feel pleased when they can 'report' him. :etc_red_button:

If the report does nothing but make the upset player feel better, it has done its job.

I find it much more relieving to go crook at them publicly in chat, & THEN report them, for the idiots they are.

Same if they play well, they deserve public mention either way

(I only compliment enemy players, usually after a brawl)

:cap_cool:

Ordrazz

[SGC]
197 posts
10,285 battles

The karma system is too subjective XD

You can get reported for doing well,  complimented as a sarcastic manner of saying "you contributed by dying" or due to other random reasons, lel

[WOWMY]
[WOWMY]
3 posts
4,754 battles

reward of karma point is not a good idea. because karma point can easily be achieved by compliment from friend. if u start match with same time with ur friend, then u will get the same match. this is the trick how to get more & easy compliment. So, let the karma as a point only. not any reward.

Sign in to follow this