Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shrino

extreme matchmaking and its side effect

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1
[IDOLM]
Member
22 posts
5,392 battles

I know this is a rare case. Yes, a case that should never happen. I feel so lucky. (´ ཀ `  )

MM.thumb.png.504f201f52497c9924cdafe790fe5676.png

The defeat was my fault. I am not strong enough to destroy enemies faster than my teammates be destroyed. I feel guilty. I should be blamed.

This match taught me to stay at back and be a sniper, or I would return to port without a proper income like my teammates did.

I suggest anyone meets this matchmaking five times in a day would be a master in sniping and understand the critical point of WOWs economic system.

Oh, generous, noble, holy matchmaking, please show your mercy on every WOWs player. I am a nobody who cannot engross such privilege of luck.

 


It seems my mixed irony is hard to understand for someone. Let's keep it simple.

I told my teammates to be careful and push steadily, but they didn't give a sh*t. They rushed and sunk as quickly as possible.

I fulfilled my duty as a BB but I can't challenge every enemy by myself.

This kind of matchmaking is not valuable and has a bad influence.

Players sunk quickly may not realise their faults and blame the rest for not following.

Players sniped at the back may find their damage output increased and their income is secured so keep sniping as a habit.

Players at the side of victory may learn nothing useful other than rush forward to harvest more damage.

Matchmaking is not equal and so is the human life. Unequal matchmaking is acceptable. For me, within 5% is OK.

A good grand strategy may lead a team to victory even 5% win rate lower and it often happens. 

There is almost 10% difference in this match. I suggest it is good enough to be an example for discussion of extreme matchmaking.

 

Edited by Shrino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,585 posts
8,005 battles
19 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

What am I supposed to be looking at here? I don't understand what "E" and "F" represent...

 

He is using the useless program that tells you overall stat of your team and enemy team during battles. Sort of xvm, but external program. And as you can see, this causes nothing but frustration. E and F are enemy and friendly averages, he cut out the bottom part I believe.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
325 posts
4,688 battles
3 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

 

He is using the useless program that tells you overall stat of your team and enemy team during battles. Sort of xvm, but external program. And as you can see, this causes nothing but frustration. E and F are enemy and friendly averages, he cut out the bottom part I believe.

 

Thanks for the explanation.

 

I agree it's best not to know these details of a match like this. Wargaming does not promise you a evenly matched battle, only that on average you will get as many lucky breaks as unlucky ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,107 posts
7,849 battles

Well, Matchmaking is bonkers is nothing new

 

AFAIK, MM balance things based on ship class (and maybe ships overall stats) rather than player records.

so, if there only 2 conqueror in queue - you will never placed in same team.

if he was a unicum and you a tomato, then enemy team will always have 1 superior player advantage lol

 

also the longer the queue time, the less important everything else (which every game MM everywhere kinda treat it the same)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COAT]
Member
1,188 posts
10,225 battles
2 hours ago, humusz said:

Well, Matchmaking is bonkers is nothing new

 

AFAIK, MM balance things based on ship class (and maybe ships overall stats) rather than player records.

so, if there only 2 conqueror in queue - you will never placed in same team.

if he was a unicum and you a tomato, then enemy team will always have 1 superior player advantage lol

 

also the longer the queue time, the less important everything else (which every game MM everywhere kinda treat it the same)

But it still failed to do that,look at my previous screenshot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[IDOLM]
Member
22 posts
5,392 battles
6 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

 

He is using the useless program that tells you overall stat of your team and enemy team during battles. Sort of xvm, but external program. And as you can see, this causes nothing but frustration. E and F are enemy and friendly averages, he cut out the bottom part I believe.

 

4

Every piece of information has its value if you were smart enough to know how to use it.

Edited by Shrino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,107 posts
7,849 battles
10 hours ago, Kim_JongMion said:

But it still failed to do that,look at my previous screenshot

division only makes it more bonkers, nothing new

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
609 posts
6,785 battles

There is no skill based MM in this game, so sometimes the average skill level on the other team will be way higher or lower than your team.  It's no big deal, and although you are more likely to win/lose, it doesn't mean you have no chance.  Just do your best to win the game regardless.

What does affect your ability to win the game is knowing that the other team is more skilled than your team.  That gives you a negative mindset going into the game, which makes it much less likely that you will be able to pull off a win against the superior team.

My advice is to never use that mod again, and go into each game with a positive attitude of trying to do your best to win the game regardless of the quality of your team mates or the opposition.  You'll win more, and you'll enjoy the game more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
980 posts
12,617 battles
30 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

There is no skill based MM in this game, so sometimes the average skill level on the other team will be way higher or lower than your team.  It's no big deal, and although you are more likely to win/lose, it doesn't mean you have no chance.  Just do your best to win the game regardless.

What does affect your ability to win the game is knowing that the other team is more skilled than your team.  That gives you a negative mindset going into the game, which makes it much less likely that you will be able to pull off a win against the superior team.

My advice is to never use that mod again, and go into each game with a positive attitude of trying to do your best to win the game regardless of the quality of your team mates or the opposition.  You'll win more, and you'll enjoy the game more.

 

100%. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
2,725 posts
3 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

There is no skill based MM in this game, so sometimes the average skill level on the other team will be way higher or lower than your team.  It's no big deal, and although you are more likely to win/lose, it doesn't mean you have no chance.  Just do your best to win the game regardless.

What does affect your ability to win the game is knowing that the other team is more skilled than your team.  That gives you a negative mindset going into the game, which makes it much less likely that you will be able to pull off a win against the superior team.

My advice is to never use that mod again, and go into each game with a positive attitude of trying to do your best to win the game regardless of the quality of your team mates or the opposition.  You'll win more, and you'll enjoy the game more.

 

+1

 

True, I never want to complicate myself with such futile thing. I just do my routine task in the battle & try not to get killed.

Edited by Mingfang47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
181 posts
7,594 battles
On 11/14/2017 at 6:39 PM, Shrino said:

Every piece of information has its value if you were smart enough to know how to use it.

Checking player stats only adds up to your frustration even before the match started. I'd say just do your best and (most importantly) pray that RNG goes to your side. Also a bonus, if your teammates are willing to work together with you. :Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
359 posts
7,415 battles

Some players say that in every match there's a constant. That constant is you. I don't find this the most balanced perspective to take as there is also 24 variables in every match, 23 other payers and RNG.

At the end of the day everybody makes mistakes in a match and those mistakes accumulate during the match which inevitably leads to a loss or a win depending on which side your on.

Identify what mistakes you make in the match and try not to repeat them and you should at least come out in a better position more often than not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×