You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MarshalYngYoda

New CV player needs halp

23 comments in this topic

11 posts
3,773 battles

So I recently unlocked  the ryujo and finally got the ability to manual drop/strafe.

however almost every battle i either get sniped or end up doing less dmg coz i am afraid of getting sniped.

Can the experienced CV players give some suggestions..... my win rate on the ryujo is killing me.

I know this issue is common to new players but just bear with my cries......

Cheers

Edited by MarshalYngYoda

Beta Tester
645 posts
3,511 battles

As a Ryujo

If you want to spank someone who is trying to snipe you.

3-1-1.

But if you are MANLY enough to strafe on a plane.

1-2-2

You can be coward at first but as you played for too long with Ryujo, you may start to learn enemy CV pattern i.e Independence 201 or Ryujo 122 Strike. They will be meh to you . If your team warns about snipe danger, Get ready your Fighters. Forget what plebs tell you about your fighters, and dispatch to enemy strike attack.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Don't park your CV behind the nearest island/at the edge of the map - everyone knows where you are going to be that way.

Follow the crowd so that you have some AA and anti-dd coverage (but not that close that you are spotted and shot!)

39 posts

this is my advice as a former CV player : QUIT CV BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!

CV is used to be Susanoo of the warship, super EZ to play, EZ damage, EZ KS, and no one can stop you....

then WG started to see a lot of complain, especially from DD (i got spotted 24/7) and BB (i got nuked).....

first they buff AA of the ship.... HAHHAHAA NO EFFECT GOD DAMN IT

second, they make manual AA easier to get by revamp the commander skill (you need 10 point instead of 15)..... this bring trouble..... but not many use it.

still, CV is the strongest class in the game, it can spot, nuke, and decide victory of your team!

then stupid thing happened.... they give AADF to hood..... not so big trouble...

THE REAL TROUBLE START HERE..... they buff AADF from 1.75x multipier to 3x multiplier.... oh gad dam it, even Zao wth weak AA can rekt half of my squadron.....

....that is fine.... as long as CV can spot, its enough!...

but here is THE REAL REASON WHY IS CV UNPLAYABLE

RECENTLY WG BUFF DD AADF into 4x multiplier....

THIS IS BULLSHEET! CV cannt spot! DD have high concealment, it can INVIS-AA the squdron and PREVENT SPOTTING

also, they introduce MOAR and MOAR premium AA ship, especially DD.... even premium BB now got better AA than their teh tree.... (look at Kii)

CV cannt spot anymore? man i quit!!!

11 posts
3,773 battles

well thanks all for the tips......

I am manly enough to go 1-2-2 but I cannot afford to keep a fighter near me often as I have to strafe enemy squads as well.....

Is it worth to spec my cv for full AA captain skills then??

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles
58 minutes ago, MarshalYngYoda said:

well thanks all for the tips......

I am manly enough to go 1-2-2 but I cannot afford to keep a fighter near me often as I have to strafe enemy squads as well.....

Is it worth to spec my cv for full AA captain skills then??

You can do that, but it usually just waste due you have too many skill and upgrade that more necessary than the spec that only use some time in many match

The easy way to know some one gonna back stab you is just look the minimap, after 1-3 minute after the match begin and you don't see enemy strike squadron anywhere (only if they use strike loadout) , that mean they may sneak somewhere near borderline to snipe you (or they just afk).

Another good way is always moving,  stay together where as many as allied ship around, help them push that line and use the island as cover( but not camp behind it too long. Just need to remember stay away from front line (control your speed and notice the autopilot some time)

Anyway, hope you enjoy your CV life as long as possible even it gonna very hard and very salty forward:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by K135Blitzkrieg

2,220 posts
13,691 battles

You don't need to keep your fighters near you all the time. You only have to prepare to bring them back if you haven't seen his strike force for too long. Normally though you should have some idea of where they are so you can rest easy.

As a Ryujo manually dropping 1 set of bombs at the start and using that squad to spot is often the best starting move. This way you can spot both sides of map early.

You will win most CV battles simply by being more patient than your opponent. 1 good strike is worth more than 2 bad ones, and you are less likely to run out of planes.

On the occasions when you meet your equal or better a lot of it will come down how the 2 teams have dispersed. If you're lucky you will have sensible AA ships providing you bubbles and the enemy team will be spread apart so you can strike. If you're unlucky it will be the other way around.

39 posts

here is my tips from noob cv player : use 2 DB for constanly set fire on enemy CV and kill it, if enemy fighter chasing, release the bomb and keep kiting the fighter..... the fighter cannt catch your empty DB.... LOL

empty dive bomber are the best!!!

++++++++++

note : not work on saipan

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,632 battles
31 minutes ago, Skarhabek_Wizard said:

here is my tips from noob cv player : use 2 DB for constanly set fire on enemy CV and kill it, if enemy fighter chasing, release the bomb and keep kiting the fighter..... the fighter cannt catch your empty DB.... LOL

++++++++++

omg tricks << never thought about that :Smile_trollface: 

Beta Tester
645 posts
3,511 battles
1 hour ago, Skarhabek_Wizard said:

++++++++++

I used Empty Dive bomber as bait after it bombed down CV so that the CV's AA goes after the DB instead of my TB ( If he wasn't smart enough ) .

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,284 posts
6 hours ago, Skarhabek_Wizard said:

this is my advice as a former CV player : QUIT CV BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!

CV is used to be Susanoo of the warship, super EZ to play, EZ damage, EZ KS, and no one can stop you....

then WG started to see a lot of complain, especially from DD (i got spotted 24/7) and BB (i got nuked).....

first they buff AA of the ship.... HAHHAHAA NO EFFECT GOD DAMN IT

second, they make manual AA easier to get by revamp the commander skill (you need 10 point instead of 15)..... this bring trouble..... but not many use it.

still, CV is the strongest class in the game, it can spot, nuke, and decide victory of your team!

then stupid thing happened.... they give AADF to hood..... not so big trouble...

THE REAL TROUBLE START HERE..... they buff AADF from 1.75x multipier to 3x multiplier.... oh gad dam it, even Zao wth weak AA can rekt half of my squadron.....

....that is fine.... as long as CV can spot, its enough!...

but here is THE REAL REASON WHY IS CV UNPLAYABLE

RECENTLY WG BUFF DD AADF into 4x multiplier....

THIS IS BULLSHEET! CV cannt spot! DD have high concealment, it can INVIS-AA the squdron and PREVENT SPOTTING

also, they introduce MOAR and MOAR premium AA ship, especially DD.... even premium BB now got better AA than their teh tree.... (look at Kii)

CV cannt spot anymore? man i quit!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5706505

534 posts

If you want to destroy enemy planes and frustrated them to get Clear Sky,go 311,but dont group them together as enemy cv may be able to strafe all 12/15 planes

Better damage but hold the risk to engage 201 independence will go for 122,would be great if its air-supremacy captain

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,831 posts
4,110 battles

It’s a class of ship I can’t stand but I do appreciate the skull it takes to b a good cv captain.  Coop and operations are a great place to practice and determine whether you prefer strike or AS.

Dont spec for aa.   Your planes are your priority.  If youre located your going to die no matter what. 

980 posts
12,617 battles
12 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

It’s a class of ship I can’t stand but I do appreciate the skull it takes to b a good cv captain.  Coop and operations are a great place to practice and determine whether you prefer strike or AS.

Dont spec for aa.   Your planes are your priority.  If youre located your going to die no matter what. 

Really? People actually respect CV players? Then why do we get reported for playing poorly and reported for playing well?

Doubt. 

Edited by LordTyphoon

39 posts
59 minutes ago, LordTyphoon said:

Really? People actually respect CV players? Then why do we get reported for playing poorly and reported for playing well?

Doubt. 

you get reported by enemy team if you plwaying TOO WELL... my karma is always 0

but i dont give sheet, but today cv is more and more becoming sea plane tender... they become average ship without any OP feature...

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles
On 11/15/2017 at 1:00 PM, LordTyphoon said:

Doubt. 

Define playing well though. What is playing well? 200k damage in a loss? Farming for own stats? These are the "playing well" players who get reported. Also, getting reports for playing well isn't a common incident. The other one is well deserved.