You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legionary2099

Musashi or Yamato ( skip Izumo)

44 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles

im currently having 360k free exp in store and just finished the Amagi grind,

I can skip the Izumo and go for Yamato.

Thing is , im wondering if i should skip it since the Izumo looks ugly and it isnt very appealing to me from my experience facing it ( it need to sit too far and i dont like siting too far)

But at the same time im also stocking up for Musashi and idk what to choose right now 

Any suggestion ?

405 posts
9,169 battles

IMO Amagi to Izumo game-play is quite different, from a fast & stealthy striker to the not so stealthy meta bow tanker... lets say Izumo is like a rough training bicycle before you get the good stuff.

If you really hate Izumo's play-style then Yamato might not be your kind of ship, took the pure grind route with not a single FXP invested to learn about her & it was very painful at first but got the hang of it at the 2nd half of the grind. :cap_fainting:

The trick with Izumo is you got to ignore/depend less the 3rd turret at the back, when I just started I used all 3 turret often which tends to expose my squishy side & the rudder shift is really sluggish to let me re-position the whole ship to avoid eating heavy damage after firing a salvo.

She is really ugly but not so sure about a BB sitting too far at the back thingy... most the time I would stay closer to the cruisers to draw fire/tank for them & the further you are, the longer the shells travel distance & misses... means you are not doing consistent damage.

Anyway~ Yamato is a wonderful BB if you applied everything you learned after Izumo, main guns feels amazingly powerful with pin point accuracy & the unique roar she produces when the guns fire sounds so darn good... showing broadside & that special spot under the A-B turret is a no no. *shivers*

Now for the bad part... if you are like me not using premium time or 5k gold camo, Yamato will definitely give you a shocking negative credit balance even if you do decent in a round... this where Musashi comes in to save the day yay! :cap_like:

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles
25 minutes ago, MyFranTheDevil said:

IMO Amagi to Izumo game-play is quite different, from a fast & stealthy striker to the not so stealthy meta bow tanker... lets say Izumo is like a rough training bicycle before you get the good stuff.

If you really hate Izumo's play-style then Yamato might not be your kind of ship, took the pure grind route with not a single FXP invested to learn about her & it was very painful at first but got the hang of it at the 2nd half of the grind. :cap_fainting:

The trick with Izumo is you got to ignore/depend less the 3rd turret at the back, when I just started I used all 3 turret often which tends to expose my squishy side & the rudder shift is really sluggish to let me re-position the whole ship to avoid eating heavy damage after firing a salvo.

She is really ugly but not so sure about a BB sitting too far at the back thingy... most the time I would stay closer to the cruisers to draw fire/tank for them & the further you are, the longer the shells travel distance & misses... means you are not doing consistent damage.

Anyway~ Yamato is a wonderful BB if you applied everything you learned after Izumo, main guns feels amazingly powerful with pin point accuracy & the unique roar she produces when the guns fire sounds so darn good... showing broadside & that special spot under the A-B turret is a no no. *shivers*

Now for the bad part... if you are like me not using premium time or 5k gold camo, Yamato will definitely give you a shocking negative credit balance even if you do decent in a round... this where Musashi comes in to save the day yay! :cap_like:

Well , credits is not really a problem for me as i have  snail son , 63 , miku , weaboo dd as credit farmers

405 posts
9,169 battles
25 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Well , credits is not really a problem for me as i have  snail son , 63 , miku , weaboo dd as credit farmers

For me I need a higher tier 8+ elite captain trainer for daily grind, it has to be a IJN BB so Musashi will be perfect for me. XD

23 minutes ago, Kim_JongMion said:

Musashi:1.8 sigma,35s loading,same slow turret turning,awful AA and secondaries

Yeah I heard about that but the stats are not finalized yet & high sigma alone cannot determine how accurate the guns are, dispersion also plays a huge part in it... slow loading & turning turrets feels natural once you have the Yammie.

At high tiers even if you are fully speced AA BB, a CV player can still delete you if he sends ALL his planes to overwhelm you... you know I know secondaries is just meh unless you play the German line.

Edited by MyFranTheDevil

[STUN]
[STUN]
79 posts
2,126 battles

my recommendation: just hang on to your FXP for now.

you can try out the Izu for a while, if it doesn't work out, just skip it.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
946 posts
5,648 battles
2 hours ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Izumo is a Clayton's Nelson.

Its the Nelson you have when you don't have a Nelson......

(I know, I'm old)

Dude, have you seen the name of my clan

381 posts
9,957 battles

I expect Musashi to cost at least 1 million FE as WG said the value of FE has been reduced with the introduction of special flags. If it's true then going for Yamato and save the remaining 700k for skipping other lines might prove to be better.

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles

Thanks for the help guys.

I decided to go ahead and try this weird bathtube ( its looks like one to me anyway)

First few games i must say : the rudder shift sucks , no torpedoes hack. It is fat , and eat a ton of shells.

But the gun has blazing fast shells , i manage to nail hits i otherwise couldnt on an Iowa or Amagi , it also doesnt have the weird bounce that Amagi similarly suffer when shooting BB.

This thing is too campy , but atleast i can live with it till i get the Yamato

405 posts
9,169 battles
16 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Thanks for the help guys.

I decided to go ahead and try this weird bathtube ( its looks like one to me anyway)

First few games i must say : the rudder shift sucks , no torpedoes hack. It is fat , and eat a ton of shells.

But the gun has blazing fast shells , i manage to nail hits i otherwise couldnt on an Iowa or Amagi , it also doesnt have the weird bounce that Amagi similarly suffer when shooting BB.

This thing is too campy , but atleast i can live with it till i get the Yamato

Try to get the hull C if you have excess credits to burn, it actually upgrades the rudder shift a little... you can see it improves to 15.8s in the detailed stat.

Btw Yamato's turret traverse is much slower as you know & the shells are slightly more floaty than Izumo, kinda like Iowa's.

Edited by MyFranTheDevil

36 posts
941 battles

Just got Izumo today and I free exp'd her to hull c since I have enough of them but not enough to get Yamato right away, and I can say that I really like the ship despite the negative reviews about her... Her dispersion is wonderful! shells travel faster than Amagi's and she really teaches how to be a Yamato.. The only downside on her is that she can't dodge torpedoes because of her length and is quite vurnerable to fire. I also kinda notice the penetration of her shells which is quite similar to Amagi's..

Pics of her wonderful dispersion:

5lvwph.jpg

30csy95.jpg
There's a Nagato inside that red circle which I citadel-ed x2

Conclusion:

If you want to learn how to handle Yamato try her only ofc if you have enough free exp to get the hull b/c right away, otherwise just skip her. But for me, I choose to grind past her because I saved a lot of exp flags and the dragon flags blessing from SC which can at least speed up my way to Yamato rather than buying doubloons to convert exps from my okt and other elite ships.

Cheers!~

Edited by Yureitsu

1,107 posts
7,844 battles
10 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

Add conqueror HE to that list

whats the diffrence ? every ship equal in the presence of Conqueror HE

anyway, Izumo is good when fully upgraded.

though along the lines, you will get suprised after departing from amagi

the gun velocity sudenly as fast and as flat as German gun.

then on Yamato, you got slower velocity shells.

as far as T9 ships goes I found that the transition betwen 8 and 10 were wonky. (from medium to fast and finaly slow shells) 

adjusting your gunnery along the way might make your performance inconsistent somewhat

Edited by humusz

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles
8 hours ago, humusz said:

whats the diffrence ? every ship equal in the presence of Conqueror HE

anyway, Izumo is good when fully upgraded.

though along the lines, you will get suprised after departing from amagi

the gun velocity sudenly as fast and as flat as German gun.

then on Yamato, you got slower velocity shells.

as far as T9 ships goes I found that the transition betwen 8 and 10 were wonky. (from medium to fast and finaly slow shells) 

adjusting your gunnery along the way might make your performance inconsistent somewhat

To tell the truth, im more used to the slow "hard hitting" shell of NC and Iowa , i have no problem with Yamato's shell if it is somewhat similar to an Iowa.

But really , WG should find a replacement for the Izumo ,Amagi and Kongo , so that the line progression is not filled with quirky ship and progression is smooth.

Amagi and Kongo can be put on a different line , but Izumo need to be replaced , it is so unique and ugly :(

1,107 posts
7,844 battles
5 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

To tell the truth, im more used to the slow "hard hitting" shell of NC and Iowa , i have no problem with Yamato's shell if it is somewhat similar to an Iowa.

But really , WG should find a replacement for the Izumo ,Amagi and Kongo , so that the line progression is not filled with quirky ship and progression is smooth.

Amagi and Kongo can be put on a different line , but Izumo need to be replaced , it is so unique and ugly :(

What so quirky about Amagi and Kongo.

the only odd duck in the line imo were Izumo

every line used to have those 1 ship that just weird things up. like York, Cleaveland, Mogami

36 posts
941 battles
6 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

hue